ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 31 of 105

A young man, looking tall and slim with black - Page 31 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Nov, 2013 - 1:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 105 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
6th Nov, 2013 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 31

Game Master says...

Trake and Canabusis

When Tarak and Mikal retire for the night, the scene becomes rather boring as Svetlana does chores and Oleg writes paperwork, and all go to sleep.

Oathday the 31st of Calistril.

The next morning, both explorers are awakened by the clanking of Mikal's wooden soles as he packs and prepares, walking about the building. The sky is heavily cloudy with only a small chance of rain and breakfast is again a simple meal of honey and toast. Mikal leaves soon afterwards, going to continue trapping and trying to avoid the bandits, but wishing you both luck for the fight.

Oleg asks if the spikes in the walls will be the day's work for them all, and offers to help, or if you'll help him with the leaky storehouse. (Either will require a craft roll or aid roll.)

KNtoran and Euphoria

Theaton prepares as best he can, polishing up his weapons and armour to a visible sheen. Each link is clean and reflective in his chain shirt, bow is strung anew, sword shines in the light and arrows are feathered straight.

Having no luck at his inn, Theaton goes out to impress the ladies at other taverns. (Diplomacy: 14 +2 [circumstance]) He finds a nice brunette, a struggling actress, to take to bed. Jayna is impressed by his neat clothing and quarters and is lusting after elves, at least for this week.

The next day, waking full of energy, Theaton spends re-strapping the worn leather straps on his backpack and patching his tent, before meeting Jayna again in the afternoon and enjoying each other multiple times well into the night.

The morning after, on Moonday the 28th of Calistril, Theaton says his goodbyes and rushes off with his belongings and inn bill to the offices. A cart is being set up with 2 small crates by a man in garish blue-yellow clothes. Not long after, the Chief Surveyor comes down to check, and Aliora also arrives with her pack and bill. The Chief Surveyor takes the paperwork and wishes you well as you head off.

Outside the city gates, the scenery changes to grassy plains and hills. The third day, the route takes the travelers around the foothills of a mountain range to the south, opening into more plains the next day, the 31st. The days are mostly uneventful, wild game runs away from the clanking cart, and the only noteworthy event is when a broken cartwheel is found on the side of the road. The cart driver remarks that it's likely the work of bandits and he just wants this job over quickly.

Sponsored Links:
6th Nov, 2013 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Tarak awakes and eats breakfast with the others and then decides what to do for the day.

"I can continue to work on the spikes and fortify the walls. I would like to get some more rocks up there and go ahead and get some arrows up there as well."

Out of Character:: Craft roll: 13+0=13

6th Nov, 2013 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

After her morning ritual of meditation and prayer and breakfast. Shivas opts to help Oleg with the leaky storage roof. "That's work that needs to be done. I think our fortifying the fort is about as good as we can hope for. If there is time after fixing the shed then I will help Tarak with the completion of the fortifications."

Out of Character::Craft Roll:12+4=16
Spells for the day
Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1 Abundant Ammunition, Cure light wounds

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 6th Nov, 2013 - 9:18pm

9th Nov, 2013 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 31 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

KNtoran

The wagon ride goes by in complete silence, everyone pondering their own thoughts. Over a hill you all spot a wooden fort and a man walking. The driver asks the man, "Do you need a lift? Are you an explorer as well?"

The man responds, "Yes to both! Greetings I am Maerrun." He introduces himself as the son of an aristocrat sent here from his contacts in Restov. He plays himself up as a hero, recounting a tale where he swiped pouches of gold from a pirate captain while his ship was raided by the guard, then partied away his earnings in the best week of his life.

The wagon reaches the fort and the drives says, "This must be it." Then he shouts, "Open the gate! We're from the Chief Surveyor of Restov!"

From outside the explorers spots four 15-foot towers at each corner, topped with a rundown, unusable catapult. Walking inside, clockwise from the south gate is a stables with hay spilling and 3 stalls taken, three Middens acting as compost heaps with many rotten wood planks, a storehouse with crates, Oleg's house, a campfire in between two long benches, and a guest house with four rooms. Only four rooms - Theaton spots a problem.

Canabusis and Trake

Despite her hard work Shivas does not manage to completely finish the storehouse with Oleg before sundown, but he is happy with the progress. Without guidance, Tarak struggles with the spikes in the walls, only managing to complete the smaller eastern wall, but crudely.

As everyone prepares to eat, they begin to lose hope that the other explorers will not arrive in time. Yet their thoughts are interrupted by a shout, "Open the gate! We're from the Chief Surveyor of Restov!"

All

Svetlana, a middle aged woman wearing a lime colored kerchief over blonde hair and dressed simply appears above the walls, waves, and pulls a rope to unbar the gate. "Welcome to Oleg's trading post! You came just in time for dinner!"

Oleg, a gruff and built middle-aged man dressed in sweaty work clothes, also comes to shake the newcomers' hands, but doesn't say anything.

"No word on the guards being sent?" He asks the flashily clothed surveyor in a deep voice.

To which the surveyor answers "I'm afraid that's not my department. I have no idea."

Dinner is a delicious vegetable and boar stew and warm bread, and Svetlana uncorks two bottles of wine to share.

Out of Character: Describe your character's physical appearance as you greet each other.

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue (Hover)

9th Nov, 2013 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

As the adventurers arrive and make their way into the fort as introductions being made Shivas makes her way to greet them.

Being that Shivas had not dawned her armor so it would not restrict her movements as she was working with Oleg she is clad only in her cleric vestments.

A strikingly beautiful elven woman in blue and gold cleric robes faded from the sun and wear. Her long hair, brunette with flowing spiraling wavy locks, blue eyes as piercing and colorful as the mid morning sky. She stands about five foot seven inches and weighs about one hundred twenty seven pounds. With full lips that cast a radiant smile she greets the new coming adventurers with a slight bow of her head. "Well met, I am Shivas Shanti. How did your travels fare?"

10th Nov, 2013 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Tarak approaches the newcomers with an outstretched hand and introduces himself.

"Greetings! My name is Tarak Galaveil. I trust your travels went well."

Tarak was a tall and solid human, standing over six feet tall and well over 200 pounds. His young face was free of blemishes save for one small scar on his left cheek. His shoulder length, chestnut brown hair was pulled into a ponytail and his sky blue eyes scanned all of the newcomers as they introduced themselves.

Reconcile Edited: Trake on 10th Nov, 2013 - 1:05am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2013 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 31

Theaton greets the two people who were already at the trading post. He is a half elf with blonde hair and blue eyes standing at 5'6" And around 150 lbs. He is wearing the muted greens and browns of the forest along with chain mail he is carrying a long bow and long sword. "Hello I am Theaton, I hope that we can all work together in reclaiming this area and making it safe to all."

13th Nov, 2013 - 1:52am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 31

Game Master says...

A young man, looking tall and slim with black hair and blue eyes and wearing studded leather armour over quality clothes, speaks up, "I am Maerrun, son of David Liostruth. Travel from New Stetven on foot was arduous and lengthy, but I managed without harm to me. I feel I can contribute to the group with my streetwise." He goes around shaking hands and kissing the hands of the ladies.

The half-orc woman has black hair in dreadlocks pulled into a ponytail and a third eye in a tone of soft red. She says, "I am Aliora and have been travelling for a while now. Ever since I left the Monastery of the Veil I have had the urge to explore new lands. I can contribute a prepared mind, strength of hand and much swiftness."

When everybody looks to the surveyor, he says, "Oh don't mind me, I'm going straight back to Restov. Just call me Gideon. Ah, I should really unpack all these things."

"No," Oleg interrupts, "The bandits will just take it all tomorrow."

"Bandits? Here?" Asks Gideon. "So that's why you asked about guard. What has my boss gotten me into? I must get away at once! I will also keep the expensive spyglass and sextant in safe hands, you all can take the blank paper and old maps."

He goes to his cart to open a small crate and reveals its contents of scribing materials and a small case. He places the case on the cart and unloads the remainder. Pulling out a parchment he explains, "This is a copy of one of the old Taldan maps we have. It's even marked the area we want as written in your charter. We need more detailed maps if we are to settle the region, showing every little landmark. I believe each blank page provided should hold an area about 12 miles across. But I must leave immediately if there are bandits coming!"

Out of Character: Theaton's XP
3 bandit crossbowmen: 300 xp
Reaching Restov: 300 xp
Reaching Oleg's: 300 xp (Aliora's as well if Euphoria returns)

The map has a legend explaining that it depicts the Narlmarch Forest in the center, bounded by plains to the north (With Oleg's trading post being the dot connected by roads), hilly terrain to the east (Which includes the Tuskwater lake), and to the west lies a swamp named the Hooktongue Slough. The exploration border is not exactly as described in the charter, actually spanning 20 miles east and 70 miles west of Oleg's.

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue (Hover)

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.