ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 32 of 105

Theaton says, "If I can be up on the - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Nov, 2013 - 7:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 105 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
13th Nov, 2013 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 32

Tarak greets all of the newcomers and then goes over to the cart to see what tools Gideon will leave. He looks at the crude map and old parchments that Gideon is leaving them and scratches his head. He then looks at spyglass, sextant and other mapping tools and says,

"You're bringing these back, right? It will be very difficult to accurately map these lands with just pen and paper. The bandits will be here in the morning, but we are planning on giving them a good thumping. If you could bring this stuff back tomorrow then it would greatly aid us in fullfilling the charter."

Tarak looks to Oleg, Svetlana, and Shivas to see if they agree.

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2013 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas extends her hand in greeting to Aliora, Maerrun, Gideon, and Theaton, trying not to be rude in her curiosity of Aliora's third eye by staring.

As Tarak asks about the spyglass and the mapping tools Shivas speaks up. "I think that you should leave them, we will be in need of them if we are all required to map the area in more detail. We are indeed planning on taking care of the bandits. If we where not to succeed then I would suspect that you would have no need to return tomorrow. I however have every confidence that the group assembled hear can and will take care of the threat." Looking around at the group of adventures Shivas tries to portray in her look that she has confidence in each and every one of them. Giving a nod to Oleg as she looks his way as to say we will succeed.

Shivas questions Gideon, taking it upon herself to find out what all is expected of them by the Swordlords of Restov. "Are we to build fortifications throughout the area? I believe it would be wise to have small forts to fall back to in the need of overwhelming danger as our adventures lead us further from civilization and aid. Other then mapping and taking care of the dangers in the area what all is required of us? Will all materials and supplies be provided to us? Is there anything else we should know?"

14th Nov, 2013 - 2:23am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Underneath the paper, Tarak notices lengths of measuring cord, a drawing compass and a slate slab with an etched grid as well as quills, inks and chalk.

"I like that idea," Says Gideon. "I may leave and return with the tools. But what if the bandits find me first? No, that won't do at all. No, I'll have them sent back here with another surveyor as soon as I return to Restov. Otherwise it's too risky."

Maerrun speaks up, "But how will you defend your wagon if you are dropping off your guards here. It would be a real shame if someone crept up on you at night." He gives a mischievous grin to the surveyor who looks genuinely scared now.

"All right!" Gideon concedes, "You can have the tools, but keep them hidden and safe."

Answering Shivas he says, "We cannot risk building forts while there are roving mobs of bandits. If somehow the threat ceased and we were also confident the terrain is good we can begin building. You can always fall back to here, at Oleg's. As for materials, when the Sworlords are satisfied, they should be provided. That's all I know.

"Oh and one little thing. The treasury hasn't collected any taxes from a certain Mr Nettles, who built a toll bridge to the southeast. A few months ago some scouts reported that the bridge was collapsed. I don't know if that helps at all."

With that he hands over the spyglass and sextant and departs with his empty wagon.

Maerrun responds with a sly smile, "I'll be taking his portion of the wine. Let's eat, I'm starving."

Out of Character: Assume everyone now has a Chronicler's Kit. The Spyglass, Sextant and Mapmaker's Kit have to be claimed.

14th Nov, 2013 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

Page 32 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas tries to keep a straight face as Maerrun further scares Gideon.

She moves to the table and directs her next question toward Svetlana and Oleg. "May I give thanks in prayer to Sarenrae before we eat?" Svetlana nods her approval and Shivas proceeds looking to the heavens as she speaks. "Sarenrae the dawn flower, our healing flame please bless all gathered here in our combined efforts to rid the evil that is pervasive in the area. Guide our hearts to do what is right and not only what is expected. Give us strength to fight those who refuse to redeem themselves to the good of all. Thank you for your wisdom and patience in all things." Shivas bows her head in reverence and then looks up indicating her prayer has come to an end.

"What brought each of you to accept the charter?" Shivas looks around questioningly to the new group of adventurer's gathered before her.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2013 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"I was recruited after someone learned of my abilities with a bow. I guess I proved myself valuable to this mission. I think it will help me out in the long run with some land." Theaton replies.

15th Nov, 2013 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Tarak enjoyed his dinner while he listened to the newcomers answer Shivas question. He then spoke up about the tools.

"So how should we divide up these mapmaking tools? Does anyone have experience using any of this stuff?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Nov, 2013 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 32

Game Master says...

Maerrun replies with apathy, "Oh, my father knows a guy. He asked me to come here, and here I am."

Aliora replies, "I received word of this work at the temple of Abadar, when I needed it most. I am humbled to be here."

Maerrun has a look at the spyglass, "Can't be that hard to use. I can hold onto this as we travel. I can keep my eye on the horizon. And I can use it to watch for the bandits tonight. Speaking of which, what's the problem there? How do you know they're coming old man?"

Oleg frowns and crosses his arms and Svetlana responds instead, "They always attack on the first day of each month, so far three times, and each time a smaller group of them. We have to let them in, and have their so-called 'taxes' ready otherwise they threaten to burn the whole place down. We expect them within an hour of tomorrow's sunrise, and have made some situation preparations, but we need an exact plan for what to do tomorrow."

Oleg adds, "I want to keep my Svetlana safe, but I can help with any simple need like greeting the scum at the gate."

Out of Character: The items are usable by anyone, so anyone can draw the map, but the spyglass reduces the Perception penalty for distance and the others help prevent getting lost by using Survival.

The map of Oleg's from before can help plan your positioning, the grey cross-hairs mark 5 foot grid squares.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 15th Nov, 2013 - 1:48pm

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2013 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

Theaton says, "If I can be up on the walls I may be able to shoot some of them before they can cause any harm to your place. The ones that do get through may be easier to deal with by those inside."

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.