ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 5 of 105

Out of Character: You have a +7 to your Heal, - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Aug, 2013 - 6:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2013 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 5

Theaton will go to his bed for the night and sleep until morning. Once he wakes up he will check to see that all is well and wait for the captain to come back to be relieved of duty and receive any pay due.

Sponsored Links:
27th Jul, 2013 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas looks to Gallian with a sad smile trying to hide her hesitation. " I will miss you, I feel I've grown closer to you in the short time we've been traveling together. That's really saying something coming from an elf with such a long life you know." Shivas smirks and gives a crooked mischievous looking grin. "If you can send word to me of how you fare in the coming days it with ease my worried heart. As soon as I know the situation and the accommodations I will have I will let you know. How will I find you my friend, Do you have any friends whom you trust in Vostok?" Shivas looks as though she is reluctant to leave Gallians side, though she is determined to follow the path set before her. After she has gotten Gallian's answers and says her goodbye's, she watches Gallian ride off toward the forest for a while as if she was daydreaming she comes to her senses and rides toward town.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 27th Jul, 2013 - 6:15am

28th Jul, 2013 - 10:15am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

KNtoran
When the captain returns, he walks as though lost in a haze. His speech is much quieter and doesn't shout when giving orders. When asked, he brings you to the cabin and mistakenly pays you your entire wage of 15 gold without saying a word, then goes off to help the crew. Of the crew that were with him, two also seem a bit lost to a lesser extent and the other two seem as they always were.

The barge begins to travel upstream again. The two elves seem a lot more tense, the warrior refuses to spar. Val comes up to you and says "I'm not liking this at all, but I don't know what's wrong nor what to do."

Out of Character: Also, I will post a question for you in the Kingmaker Character thread. Source 2

Canabusis
Gallain smiles and says "I have no reliable spells to send word that far, all the way past Restov. I'll check with the camp sorcerer, but he may not have the power to do so. You always know where we are. I suggest against asking in town, however we have eyes all over the forest. We'll find you if you come back. We used to be friendly with the locals in Vostok, but security was increased when the nobles got word. Money changes allegiances, so Duma trusts none in town." He waves a final goodbye and gallops into the forest, fading into the underbrush.

Five minutes of riding later, you reach the gate of Vostok. A wooden wall with spiked logs protruding at angles makes it look more like a fort prepared for war, but no buildings appear dominant. A militia guard comes down and opens the gate for you. He has only a rusty helmet, splintering wooden shield and pitchfork, worn over simple clothes and fur to keep warm. "Greetings your, umm, holiness. We don't get many clerics of Sarenrae through here and hardly any people at all. Let me lead you to the Inn. Plenty of room this time of year." He closes the gate and leads you to a single storey, but wide building. A sign says "The Troll Princess" And has a caricature of an ugly troll in drag. Through the tiled window a large fireplace is visible lighting up four patrons and the innkeeper.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 28th Jul, 2013 - 10:37am

28th Jul, 2013 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas goes to the innkeeper gives a polite smile and nod and says "Well met I am Shivas Shanti and what would your name be? I would be looking for food and a room for the night possibly longer. I would like information on Vostok, I will be seeking Oleg's trading post come morning." Shivas gains the information given to her, sits and eats if food is provided and then seeks her quarters for the night. Before going to her room she tries to look around inconspicuously and listens to any conversation around her trying to gain any information she can. After finding herself alone in her room she secures the door. She cleanses herself of the dirt and sweat of the road the best she can and finds sleep easily. When she wakes she will prepare her spells and ready herself for what the day brings with it.

Out of Character: : perception Roll(1d12)+3: 10,+3 Total:13
(The next morning will be what day?)
Spells Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1 Abundant Ammunition, Sanctuary
If I am stating too many actions at one time please let me know, just trying to keep the game moving and keep you from waiting on me.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2013 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton will agree with Val that something happened while they were off the boat and the way those priests were acting the past night. I wonder if the priests did something with them last night while we were here on the boat.

30th Jul, 2013 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

Canabusis
Upon entering the inn, you note more details such as the soot blackened ceiling and three trophy heads above the window. Two large, green humanoid heads stare blankly forward. You note their main features of long curved noses and distinct lower jaws with jutting teeth, other details escape you due to the major acid burn and charring. (For Humaniods Knowledege: local is rolled =11, maximum of 10 due to being a trained only skill you do not have.)These clues lead you to believe these were trolls, vicious creatures which are scarily common in these areas, but easily outwitted. Acid and fire are the only known ways to prevent them from regenerating. The last head belongs to a large deer, but it's antlers are ridiculously massive, (Knowledge: Nature = 19, maximum 10) identifying it as a Megaloceros, known to have been sighted a few times in Brevoy's forests and to the south. Apart from that you know nothing about them.

The innkeeper says "I'm Abadarnik, pleased to meet you, priestess. Vostok is a small town and we're here to log and the militia are here to catch Duma. Can't say I've heard of Oleg's post. We'd be honored to have you stay at no charge, for a favor. My wife is sick and the Pharasmin, Abadaran and Gorumite clerics are busy enough and charge through the nose. If you do this, all of my prayers and thanks will go to Sarenrae, despite not showing her warming rays this far north."

(You know that you are not powerful enough to remove diseases, but maybe magic could assist a natural recovery. If you want to switch spells it's fine. Consider checking Ultimate Magic spell lists. Also read the description of the Heal skill.)

The other patrons are talking about how their sheeps' wool will be particularly thick after this winter. Another argues against him saying it has no effect, but the next generation will be tougher. The topic changes to the pretty cleric in the tavern. One of the drunker patrons makes an offensive rape joke, but the others scold him instead and say that she can probably hear them. (Next time please use a d20 for perception, I gave you benefit of the doubt.)

Out of Character: That many actions are fine, sometimes I worry if I go too fast, too. It's why I posted you were outside the inn, to let you decide if you wanted to go in. It's better to state WHY your character is doing something and what result they expect.
Also, I forgot to ask you to eat a day of rations.
You go to sleep on Starday night so the date is Sunday 20th Calistril, 4713 AR.

KNtoran
"Well, until I know what it is, I won't be doing anything to stop it. Might make it worse," Val says.

Out of Character: Feel free to interrupt the four skipped days with any activity you want to do on the barge.

For four days the captain acts strange. You also note that two crew have begun to say prayers to the amulets they wear under their clothes, depicting the same white masks of the priests, albeit smaller.
The horses ford multiple small rivers and swampy mangroves have to be avoided by pushing the craft with the same long wooden sticks.

On the morning of Starday the 19th of Calistril, the 9th day of the journey, the barge is prevented from moving quickly. The river has swollen overnight and flows more rapidly against the direction of travel. Every now and then a lump of ice bumps against the hull, further slowing travel.

The elf mage notes "We are ahead of schedule, unless this keeps up it is a minor setback." The captain only nods as he mutters quietly.

Around midday I need a perception check.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 30th Jul, 2013 - 1:18pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Jul, 2013 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 5

Shivas wanting to help the poor innkeeper does what she can to help his wives symptoms and hopefully slow the disease if not help her overcome it altogether. " I can not cure her disease but I can try to help her" Shivas states to the innkeeper. " I will check on her again in the morning." She eats her last days rations that evening after helping the sickly woman. She then completes her actions as stated in the previous post.

Out of Character: : Shivas uses her healing skill, then casts Remove Sickness.
Changing spells prepared for the next day.
Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabalize
Level 1 Diagnose Disease, Remove Sickness
Heal Check Roll(1d20)+0: 18,+0 Total:18
Remove Sickness Roll(1d20)+0: 10,+0 Total:10
Gave two rolls didn't know if I needed a roll for remove sickness?
Sorry about the d12 for my perception check, it was accidental. I thought I had clicked on the d20 one. I use an automated dice roller right now and I just copy and paste, I will be getting actual dice though. Also I am supposed to end up at Orleg's trading post as per the charter to report in? Trying to decide what my next actions would be, and want to know if I need to get to Orleg's trading post.

Morning comes for Shivas and she prepares her spells for the day with the intention of helping the innkeepers wife and possible anyone else who may be in need of her services. Shivas gathers her things and goes to check on the innkeepers wife to see how she fares today.

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 31st Jul, 2013 - 6:55am

1st Aug, 2013 - 6:56am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Game Master says...

Out of Character: You have a +7 to your Heal, it's on your character sheet! I will use the 2nd roll for a second disease. Usually spells do not need rolls, unless they are Ray or Touch spells against hostile targets.

In Character:Upon examining the woman, she has the last two fingers on her right hand swollen and purple from frostbite. A fever and severe cough suggest influenza as well. Shivas suggests herbal remedies and teas and the innkeeper complies, and the woman is kept warm in bed.

Woman's Save vs Frostbite 5 -2 (Con) +4 (Heal) =7 nope, but it doesn't get worse if kept warm.
Woman's Save vs Flu 19 -2 +4 =21 saved

The innkeeper notices you eating rations and says, "Put down that crap. Tonight you're eating our finest cut!" He serves you a thick steak with potatoes.

The next morning you note that she still has flu but it's severity hasn't grown. You know she needs one more day of help at least. (Or you don't have to but she gets no bonus on the save). After that, a day or two in bed will cure all effects (2 points of Constitution damage, 1 heals each night and 1 per day of no activity)

Also the swelling from frostbite has ceased leaving behind half a pinkie that is blackened with dead flesh. It won't get worse but the only option is to cut it, in time. It's not immediately dangerous. A powerful and expensive Restoration spell would be necessary to counter the frostbite (Constitution Drain only 1 point).

Out of Character: Oleg's is past the city of Restov, which itself is about 90 miles from your current location at the southwestern tip of the Forest. What kind of people around town do you think would know about it?

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 1st Aug, 2013 - 7:16am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (105) »

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.