ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 45 of 105

Theaton will keep trying to approach on foot - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2014 - 4:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 105 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
30th Dec, 2014 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 45

Shivas watches the terrain as they make their way to their destination looking for any place in which they could set up an ambush.

"I'm thinking perhaps we could ambush them. We can send Theaton ahead to scout and find their camp and then back track on the path they use. We then wait to see if they will come looking for their companions and ambush them. If they do not come looking, we then send someone to gain their attention and run for it back to the ambush spot? I think we need to take this up with Theaton before we get too close to their camp."

Shivas tries to signal Theaton to retreat for the moment so that she can relay her idea.

Out of Character:: Perception check: 14+5=19

Sponsored Links:
30th Dec, 2014 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"That sounds like a good idea. Theaton would be able to get a lot closer to them by himself than with all three of us and our horses. After Theaton finds them and reports back, we can figure out how to seperate and ambush them."

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2014 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: I will not be riding a horse while I scout ahead. Perception checks: 19 13, 16 Stealth checks: 8, 17, 7

In Character: Theaton sees that the party is trying to signal him so he turns around and heads back to the main group to see what is up.

1st Jan, 2014 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 45 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas relay's to Theaton her idea of an ambush. "We need to keep our eye's open to find a suitable spot for the ambush. Tarak and I will stay here with the horses and look around for a good spot in which to ambush them. Be sure to remain unseen until you can return with news of where the bandits are. May Sarenrae be with you my friend, be careful."

2nd Jan, 2014 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton strikes off on foot, following Shivas' instructions. The path is clear and seems to follow the river, also avoiding the thorny bushes that grow in abundance along its banks. The ground gently slopes ever closer to the river's level. This has the effect of causing many rivulets and creeks to delta into the surrounding forest. The track also becomes more jumbled as it spreads across the moist ground, but the most recent hoof-prints are identified and followed.

Twenty minutes of scouting later, or 1/2 a mile, a shallow main river is still visible 50 feet to the south when the tracks re-converge into a defined path. In the area, stumps are visible and no game or bird is heard fleeing from the half-elf, even the river flows more quietly. Theaton recognizes this as signs of nearby human activity. His keen eyes also spot a thin wisp of smoke, above the trees, but he can't tell how far with the sky as a background. Climbing up could find a reference point, but he should do so stealthily.

Meanwhile,

Shivas and Tarak scour the area for ambush locations. Across the whole forest are places to hide. The camp clearing was rather flat, with only thick beech trees providing cover with their trunks.

300 feet down the track, the river bends away and returns to the road, providing a rough semi-circle of land. On it grows the cover of many brown and withered bushes and tall grass, and a patch of some kind of budding, yellow flower, a Rushleaf. On the other side of the track is an oak with low hanging and very leafy branches suitable for climbing. Either side will have an obscured view, but a wide one.

A further 400 feet along there is a 7 foot wide boulder to the river's side, which has shaped the land over time. It's diverted water so there is dip in the ground level and a creek splits off into a 3 foot trench, crossing the path. The roots of the flanking trees hang out from the trench walls and provide a small, dark, cavernous effect near the road. Crouching would be required, but the darkness would conceal well with a clear view to the dip in the path.

And 250 feet further, creeks part from the Thorn River over the path, which would act as a useful auditory alarm. The trees are thinner and taller, mostly white birch, and medium grasses grow green and fresh. There is also a shallow burrow that a halfling could fit into.

Out of Character: Oh no, I wrote too much description again. If anyone thinks I'm going slow and wants to jump straight to rolling dice and combat, feel free to speak. I'm here to provide the game you want.

Theaton has his options open: climbing and stealth would need multiple rolls of both. Approaching would also need a couple of stealth rolls. Or he can leave and inform the party.

Shivas and Tarak also have options open. Finding more ambush sites, or choosing one and setting up properly. Don't forget to mention where the horses are left.

2nd Jan, 2014 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

As the pair scout the area for ambush spots, Tarak turns to Shivas,

"I like the spot with semi-circle on one side and the big oak on the other. You could climb the tree and rain down arrows and magic from above, while Theaton and I hide in the bushes on the other side of the road and fire our arrows. The element of surprise will be a big advantage to us, and if they start getting hit from all sides, they might break and run or give up all together. If this spot is suitable to you, then we could leave the horses a few hundred yards north of your tree, so that if things go bad we could make our escape."

Reconcile Edited: Trake on 2nd Jan, 2014 - 4:03pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jan, 2014 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 45

Shivas listens to Tarak's suggestion and thinks about it for a while. "I am unsure, I would like to find a spot in which the bandits will have to funnel through the area. A tight space in which to entrap them. I don't know if we will find such a spot but perhaps we could look a little longer until Theaton returns with news. I don't want any of the bandits to get away, I don't want them to ever be a threat to Oleg and Svetlana again." Shivas looks around for a moment in thought.

"Lets go and tie the horses up where you suggested then look for a while longer, at least until theaton returns then we can make a decision."

Out of Character:: I don't mind taking longer with descriptions, I like how you run the game as it is. It creates a better picture and helps to make it feel more realistic. That is my opinion though. I think the way you run it is awesome!

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2014 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

Theaton will keep trying to approach on foot using the trees and tall grass, bushes as much as possible. HE will approach as close as he can while remaining unseen to get a count of the bandits and lay out of the camp. Once he gets what he needs he will sneak away.

Out of Character: Stealth rolls with +5 modifier: 19, 15, 18, 22, 17, 13, 20, 24

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.