ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 6 of 105

At any mention of payment, the innkeeper chuckles - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2013 - 7:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
1st Aug, 2013 - 7:46am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 6

Shivas gives the innkeepers wife her attention for the day, instructing the innkeeper that her finger needs to be cut off in order to save her though not in immediate danger, she asks the innkeepers assistance in removing the infected digit and cleans it and wraps it in clean cloth. Leaving further instructions on how to dress her wound so that further infection from the removal will not come to pass. "I will be leaving tomorrow so I may make it to my destination in time, but with rest and the herbs prescribed she should make a full recovery." After caring for the innkeepers wife Shivas seeks a meal and asks for one more night in her room. She sleeps and when she wakes she prepares her spells for the day which has become routine. Shivas checks on the innkeepers wife once again to be sure she is still recovering nicely. "Where might I find somewhere to replenish my supplies before heading out? And what do I owe you for my room and meals?" She asks the innkeeper.

Out of Character: : Spells
Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1 Abundant Ammunition, Remove Sickness
Heal check long term care Roll(1d15)+7:12,+7 Total:19
Heal check Roll(1d20)+7:14,+7 Total:21
Didn't know how many rolls you needed for the next day as well

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 1st Aug, 2013 - 7:50am

Sponsored Links:
1st Aug, 2013 - 10:37am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Sunday passes as the sun rises on an overcast day, illuminating the snow capped roofs and dimming down by night. Tirelessly Shivas works to calm the wife after the loss of half a finger (Deals 5 damage, heals 2 HP, 2 Con damage during day, then again at night). The innkeeper seems distraught for an hour but calms back down.

Frostbite 16 -1 +4,=18 saved
Flu 11 -1 +4 =14 barely saves

Shivas manages to stave off the symptoms of the flu form getting worse and this, in turn gives the wife the much needed energy to cure herself. You know for sure that overnight she will be back up on her feet, the only reminder, a sad and permanent one.

"Thank you, sweetheart" She says in a high pitched voice she couldn't muster before. "I will be worse for labor like cutting, but it had to be done, I am forever grateful. It's so appropriate that Sarenrae smiles upon us on her own weekday. If only I could see her face to say my thanks." A slight smile flashes across her lips.

Waking on the Moonday [sic] the sun is finally out and slowly melting the ice, creating a hazard; men with shovels shout outside as they clear paths. The wife is not in bed, but heading downstairs you spot her at the window, praying, the sun shining on her, covered in many cloaks. From this angle, the Megalocreos trophy looks fiercely over her, looking like a protector. It reminds you of Erastil, the god of wilderness, but you remember no legends linking the two gods. Strange, you think, Sarenrae normally deals with all non-evil gods.

Approaching the owner and asking about supplies and debt, he says, "Don't be ridiculous, we owe you! Please take all the rations of bread, nuts, jam and jerky you can carry! It'll go to waste after winter anyway. Other supplies, Eural, the general store owner normally deals with. He'll be low on stock, no merchants and no trade in winter."

Out of Character: ugh poetic, my logical mind doesn't like what it's invented.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 1st Aug, 2013 - 10:38am

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2013 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Rolled a d20 for perception check and got a 11 unmodified.

In Character: Theaton is a little concerned about the amulets around the crews necks but does not say anything that may make the matter worse. He will spend the days like before sleeping during the day and keeping watch at night.

1st Aug, 2013 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 6 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Adding a +4 from your sheet, you are completely taken by surprise when 3 men burst from the trees and run up to the horses on the riverbank, 2 brandishing shortswords and one a handaxe. All are dressed in dirty leather armor, much patchwork has been done to it.

"Throw over your valuables or the animals get it!" One shouts.

The captain curls into a ball, while the crew are stunned. Val, the half-orc and the elf all place a hand on their weapons ready to draw at the order. The elf in robes appears hesitant as he opens and closes his mouth wordlessly.

"Well, what will it be?" The man with the axe, shouts after a pause.

Roll Initiative only if you want to start combat. 30ft of river water separates you from the bank.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2013 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton will draw his longbow and notch an arrow. He will be ready to draw and fire if ordered to do so. Theaton believes we can take these bandits.

Attack rolls unmodified: 8, 15, 19, 12, 17, 18

Damage rolls unmodified: 7, 4, 8, 5, 5, 3

2nd Aug, 2013 - 3:28am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

A full 30 seconds pass, both sides' eyes flicking from person to person, waiting for a move. Finally the robed elf relents, taking out a small pouch and throwing it to the bandits. You notice him give the armored elf a slight kick, not visible to the bandits.

"And the rest of you?" Says the one with the axe. "I'm not falling for that old trick again."

"We haven't been paid yet," Val shouts, still in stance to move at the slightest notice.

"Hand over the captain's treasury then," Is the reply. Val appears to have been outmaneuvered. "Ason, come out and pick up the loot."

A man covered in leaves and holding a light crossbow reveals himself from beyond the trees. He picks up the bag, opens it and starts counting slowly on his fingers.

As he does this, the elf walks up to Val and says, "Start to hand them the chest, keep it locked and," He turns to the half-orc "hand the key separately. I need you on the riverbank."

After a full minute the crossbowman finally states "I think there's 30 gold boss! There's also a note, I can't read the long word." Val and the half-orc are standing on the bank about 30ft away from the horses and bandits.

The note explodes hitting the 2 bandits for 32 damage and the horse evades the brunt but takes 16. The surrounding area is showered with bits of bandit flesh, while the horse topples over, bleeding, and the axe bandit, is injured but starts to shout out orders.

Theaton rolls a critical on initiative and immediately begins to fire at one of the bandits threatening a horse. The arrow twangs off a leather shoulder-pad.

The elf in robes touches his warrior companion and you see his form start to blur. The warrior then leaps off the boat drawing his sword, stumbling over the rope that is suddenly loose and emergency dives into the water. Val draws his sword and approaches the rogue you fired at, but also swings wide.

At this point, the two remaining horses' throats get slit (16, 9), showering blood on the ground, but the further one remains standing defiantly. It pulls against the rope to try and get free.

Three bolts fly out of the treeline at Val, two flying wide but one hits him solidly in the arm (6 damage). The axe wielder swings an expert hit, but Val ducks under it.

Finally the half-orc, attempts to tumble as he goes past the axe wielder, getting his feet wet in the shallow mud, but receives an axe to the chest instead (4 damage), now in position to fight.

Out of Character: I will use your rolls from above, but I want to know the priority of which target first. Also, next time please modify your rolls, it's on your character sheet.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 2nd Aug, 2013 - 3:29am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Aug, 2013 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 6

Shivas takes a two loaves of bread, a jar of jam, a bag of nuts, and one of jerky puts it into her bag and thanks the innkeeper for his kindness. "You will be in my prayers to Sarenrae, I thank you for your kindness. I would be more than happy to pay you for the supplies." Shivas departs after speaking with the innkeepers wife. "I will continue to keep you in my prayers. It looks as if you have made a fast recovery." Shivas goes to seek out her horse and load her supplies and pay for any stable fees.

2nd Aug, 2013 - 7:07am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Game Master says...

At any mention of payment, the innkeeper chuckles and shakes his head, "Please, stop trying!" The stable is attached to the inn, but owned separately. The inkeeper hands over 10sp to him.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 2nd Aug, 2013 - 7:08am

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.