ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 58 of 105

The bandit looks down in thought. After a - Page 58 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Apr, 2014 - 11:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
27th Mar, 2014 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 58

Game Master says...

Nobody stops Theaton from grabbing more arrows. Oleg actually suggests leaving the lot of them is the storehouse so they can be replenished every visit. Theaton also spots the sack of gold they had collected, totaling 197.1 gold worth of various coins.

In the background, Oleg and Boyad trade the few furs the trapper brought. They are in good spirits and Boyad is glad he got back some of his credit in coin.

When Shivas asks, the four bandits that had revealed information the day before speak up, suggesting they should be freed already since they assisted. They claim it may work as an incentive for the others. Clearly they would prefer not to be branded since they claim to be regretful, but they wouldn't complain about the punishment.

One of the other bandits sobs quietly and uncontrollably, ignoring all that is going on. The remaining one and the 3 from the morning of the 1st day sit and listen, unresponsive.

Shivas goes to pray. Whenever she prayed, she always felt a surge of confidence, as though surging with energy after an exotic coffee, but powering through fatigue instead of suppressing it. This, combined with the well taught gestures at the temple allowed her to channel energy and evoke spells. She had heard of the cathedrals sometimes communicating directly with Sarenrae or her heralds and angels. Only a few times in all of history have they been Called to this plane to fight great evils, and Sarenrae could only send a powerful Aspect of herself at best.

This time she prays, and her mind decides to select a more extreme passage that paladins adhere to. It is a selection of the most appropriate passages from The Light of a Candle, a prayer book that has been around for about 150 years. Not quite commandments of the faith, but the warriors take the passages to heart, and it is in breaking their word that they may lose their divine powers.

"Be as a caring parent or sibling to all in need. Help heal the sick and lift the fallen. Be a guiding light into the darkest hearts and lands. Only respond to violence in kind with swift metal and scorching light. Each new day brings hope and renewed opportunity. One must not let darkness into your life. May the strength of the sun guide you through the fog of mortal words."

Sponsored Links:
27th Mar, 2014 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas feeling more confidant after her prayers, comes to a decision.

"The four of you will be branded on the back of your right leg. The brand will be hidden, so you may seek honest work. If you are caught again, you will be executed on the spot. I want your word never to harm or steal from another again. Thank Sarenrae for her compassion. Brand them and release those four. I am not confidant enough to release the rest of you yet. Your actions will determine your fate."

Shivas then moves to the bandit crying and tries to gain his attention. "What is wrong? Are you hurt?"

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 27th Mar, 2014 - 6:02pm

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2014 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton will look at Shivas, "I believe that they all made a choice to turn to banditry and now they are saying they will be good to get out of trouble of get out of a branding. Since we do not know their true nature other than what they have shown by being a bandit I say we brand them all at least and hang those that show no remorse. Advise them that if we see them in these parts again we will kill them on sight this will give them incentive to go elsewhere and we may not have to deal with them again."

28th Mar, 2014 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 58 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Rather off topic, but...
There seems to be some agreement then. I hope I don't do something you characters wouldn't.

The bandit Shivas asks replies in between sobs, "He's not here. He's dead. Just like Happs. You killed Kris as well. My little brother is dead... And now I am too."

Tarak and the two guards take the easy job of holding down the bandits as Theaton takes an iron poker and places it in the fire pit. It comes out red hot. It takes two excruciating presses for each bandit as they cry out in pain even through the efforts to gag them. Three of them look morose and teary after the process, yet Shivas notices the oldest looks somewhat nervous.

At this point the three bandits from the first day look uneasy, but willing to recant, and the last bandit (Apart from the crying one) looks angry. He repeats pretty much what Kressle said about being treated differently after branding and not finding honest work. He add that only criminals would be willing to employ them now, as they are proven outlaws. And then he complains that there wasn't even a trial and nobody holds proof that he, individually, ever committed a robbery.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2014 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton looks at him, "You were among the other bandits coming here to demand money that you and your friends did not earn. That makes you a bandit. Taking from honest hard working people and making yourself a life you did not earn. Granted I may not be able to prove that you robbed someone one but you are guilty by association. IF you do not want the brand we can just hang you and you can tell who you meet in the afterlife how unfair you were treated."

29th Mar, 2014 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

"Association?" The bandit replies. "Really? That's the best you've got? I could say that Garess man is noble, so clearly the two guards with him must also be noble. No, simply not true. Possible, but not true.

"And idle threats of execution? If you hang me, I'll go to my afterlife with a clear conscience, but you... Your afterlife will be forever cursed for knowingly killing an innocent man! Brand me, the curse will be less severe, but it will still linger there.

"I joined at the same time as that kid, just two weeks ago. We've done nothing since then." He points at the pimple faced youth who was already branded.

The youth goes white in the face before answering in a shaky voice, "Yes, yes. Same time as him, we didn't do anything wrong."

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 29th Mar, 2014 - 1:38pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2014 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 58

"Well you knowingly joined a group of thieves so that means that even if you did not yet rob or steal from someone it was still just a matter of time. But I know you will do or say anything to keep your life and your skin clear. You were not forced to join them otherwise you would have given up or surrendered first chance you got. You have a choice now be branded or hang. My conscience is clear."

2nd Apr, 2014 - 11:33am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 58

Game Master says...

The bandit looks down in thought. After a moment he responds, "But I only ever planned to hunt for them and build the camp. Once they are settled they won't have to resort to stealing anymore."

Seeing your blank stares of doubt, ge changes his tone. "Fine, I'll play by your rules. But you answer to someone. Brand me here and I'll go to Restov; tell them what has happened.

"I would've preferred to not recant my banditry and be hanged. But then you wouldn't suffer the consequences. So with that, I recant my banditry."

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.