ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 66 of 105

In Character: Zork checks his gold - he is - Page 66 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2015 - 2:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 105 pgs.  62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
31st Jan, 2015 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 66

Game Master says...

He replies, "That's a fair point, but it doesn't matter within these walls. No bandits are coming here since the explorers took care of them. And these two new recruits need to learn to respect the colors.

"A shame you don't have them, I'll send another request into the impossible bureaucracy of Restov, destined to be lost again.

"Since I'm in charge around here, I'm going to punish you for leaving without your uniform. You get the pleasure of lighting the torches on the walls and guard duty tonight, all night."

The two men next to him are surprised, then they smirk at you, stifling laughter.

Out of Character: Since you had a full 8 hour adventuring day, that will require Constitution rolls alongside the obvious Perception checks. Constitution is an ability score, not a skill, but you roll it the same way.

This check is similar to the Forced March rule, but has an easier Difficulty Class (DC; the number to match our beat). So I need 8 rolls, one for each hour of night. Or you could try argue with Kesten biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links:
1st Feb, 2015 - 3:25am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Out of Character: I do not know if you were being sarcastic but I will like Zork to argue the point.

In Character: "Sir, with all due respect, I think there is a misunderstanding Sir. I was sent here by my captain because he said you were looking for someone, in fact he thought I was too well skilled to be doing the same guard duty that you now want to inflict on me."

Out of Character: I guess this will be a good time for the diplomacy skill?

20+1 = 21

1st Feb, 2015 - 8:02am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Kesten backs off a little, "Yeah, I'm looking for Falgrim Sneeg, a deserter from within my own ranks. I have to succeed in bringing him to justice, it's personal.

"Someone with his description was last seen down here evading a patrol. That is to say, he has olive skin since he had traveled from Varisia. He's an older man with graying hair and he wore a bit of grey stubble last time I saw him.

"He came to me originally as a mercenary, and worked with us for six months. Then one morning he went missing along with all my men's pay and best weapons. I personally need to get back my signet ring, it had the same crest as on my tabard.

"He may be old, but don't underestimate him. Since he's a mercenary and a veteran he is unnervingly calm in combat. It's like a quirk of his.

"But it's not like you can start hunting him today at sundown. The Greenbelt to the south is a dangerous place to be alone. We're not moving in order to protect the fort. You'd be best off following my order, having a few days off whatever your captain told you to do, and hoping the exploration group survives and comes back."

Out of Character: Not sarcasm, just didn't expect such a good result.

Oh, and I almost forgot,
Reaching Oleg's: 200 experience points (XP)

1st Feb, 2015 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 66 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

In Character: "Granted Sir I do want to assist anyway I can but if you will please permit [me] some rest and a chance to eat first so that I can have strength for an early morning watch instead? Then at the appropriate time I will take leave?"

Out of Character: I will also like tho have Zork check out the rest of the place to see what it is about and what might be for sale in the trading post.

1st Feb, 2015 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Kesten growls a low "hmm..." After a pause, he reneges, "Very well, but I have an eye on you. Also you have to acquire the uniforms, for yourself and two more."

He turns to the other two, "Maerrun, you are up first and at midnight swap with Tarak."

Zork notes the four buildings, reserving the fifth and last spare guest bed from Oleg, on the condition that paying customers get preference and the guards can set up a tent outside. He also tells you that he stocks most of the common adventuring gear and weapons, as well as potions and weak magic. Anything else can be ordered.

Having a walk around you confirm that middens are behind the storehouse. Two ladders service the walkway behind the wall. Additionally, each of the four corners is a 15 foot tower with a decrepit, rotting catapult adorning them all.

1st Feb, 2015 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

The Second says...

In Character: Zork is confused with his instance on uniforms despite what he said earlier but he does not want to go on about it so he decides to see what is available by way of potions and the cost. Then he will pay for a bed so he can get a good night rest. When he passes the ladders he will suggest that they be taken down so there is no easy access.

Out of Character: If I'm not doing something correct please let me know.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Feb, 2015 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 66

Game Master says...

"Sure, right this way," Oleg leads you to the storeroom packed with goods and unlocks the padlock to let you in. The shelves in this 15 by 20 foot room are filled with preserved and fresh food, raw and cured animal skins and furs, various weapons and a variety of other goods. He walks up to a cabinet and unlocks it as well, revealing a multitude of small vials in different colours. Each has a label written with a shaky hand.

"Here's our potions," Oleg starts, "We have ones that heal, that resist the effects of weather, that turn you invisible to animals, that makes you as strong as a bull, that delays the effects of poison, that grant you flight, and allow you to breathe water. The first three cost 50 each, the next two cost 300 and the last two were 750 gold.

"I also have oils, that temporarily enchant objects you put them on. This one makes your weapon magical, and this other one blesses it, whereas this one creates an area of magical darkness. I don't know why you would need that, or who made it. The first two cost 50 each and the darkness costs 300."

"There is an old man named Bokken, he lives alone not far away. He also makes potions, many of these are his."

He lets Zork respond, then replies, "I fully understand that it's out of your price range. Most of these are on credit with the alchemists that made them, so not even I can afford some!" As he locks the doors, he continues, "I charge 5 silver a room with dinner and breakfast included. I didn't expect a guard to offer pay, as long as you're willing to sleep outside when I have other customers. But I'll take it if you're offering and I'll give you the guarantee of a bed."

"About the ladders, I can't take them down, they're nailed into the walkway. It's better this way. It's fast access to the wall if someone attacks, and a potential escape route to get out quickly."

With that he shows you to your room. Entering the southeast building, it has a long corridor with 4 doors, and the entrance door in the center faces the doors to the rooms. You head right, entering the last door to your room. It is sparsely decorated, a single flower wilts on the bedside table. The bed is sturdy with clean linens and a straw mattress.

Out of Character: For reference, here is a map I used before: Source 7

I'm not opposing you just for the sake of it. It's my role as the GM to offer challenges and opportunities, as well as moral dilemmas. Sometimes all three at once. You are free to do whatever is within your imagination!

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 3rd Feb, 2015 - 5:05am

2nd Feb, 2015 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 66

The Second says...

In Character: Zork checks his gold - he is short. He tries to haggle.

"I will be off on a perilous journey soon and I could sure use that healing potion but I only have 41 gold and part of that I wish to pay for a room. Perhaps you can give me and I will soon pay you back with interest as soon as I have caught my bounty?"

Regardless, Zork will set off to rest himself and then return to Kesten whn he is fully recovered from all that walking.

Out of Character: Diplomacy; 17+1 = 18

How do you pay with silver?

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.