ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 8 of 105

Shivas thinking about it for a moment asks - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Aug, 2013 - 6:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 105 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2013 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 8

"No no" He objected "It states that it is a region east, west and south of Oleg's Trading Post"

Kuj pauses for a moment and fixes his eyes sternly upon Alisha. "This sounds like more of a guard duty to me, or maybe community service for his unlawful acts. OR maybe he stole it from a real guard who was hunting him down!" He exclaimed excitedly "We should further investigate this, do you have any ideas?"

Sponsored Links:
5th Aug, 2013 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Shivas before taking to the road prepares her spells for the day. When she comes to Rogarstan she finds a place to tie her horse so that he may rest and seeks the merchant first for grain for her horse and if the merchant doesn't carry grain, where she would find some. She inquires of the merchants knowledge of towns up ahead on the road that she would be able to reach come nightfall for accommodations, she also asks about any threats she may find on the way. Next she seeks the alchemist to browse his wares and makes the same inquiries she did at the merchant.

Out of Character: : If I get ahead of myself or you on actions just let me know. I do like roll playing but I figure there will be plenty of time for such when the party finally meets up. Trying not to take too long in town, I would like to visit all the buildings and gain what knowledge each may have for her, not to mention supplies.
Spells for the day
Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1 Abundant Ammunition, Sanctuary
Perception Roll(1d20)+3:1,+3 Total:4

5th Aug, 2013 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Anoki
"I can get in and out of his room in the villa," Replies Alisha. She pauses, wondering if that would even help. "Or, maybe we could just follow his movements! But why would the guard hunt a noble son? The noble is still in his blood, even if he doesn't act that way. And why wouldn't his parents pay it off? Just bribe the guard like what some of the guild guys I've seen do!"

Canabusis
The stableman happily takes your horse in and leads it to a trough, filled with golden straw and some grain, solving your first problem. However, he charges you 5sp before you walk off.

The merchant, Brodar, tells you that the large road leads to Restov, the source of all their business in town. They operate by supplying passing merchants with lodging, stabling and any supplies they may have forgotten. The other path connects to another road. That road connects New Stetven, the capital to the north, to the Stolen Lands, famed for it's rare animal products but also for its lawless nature. The road ends at Oleg's Trading Post, the merchant explains, owned by a man he is friendly with. He tells you that most merchants complain of wolves once in the Brevish border, but outside of it, bandits, vermin and all sort of large and little humanoids.

The alchemist has all sorts of wonderful brews on display creating a rainbow on their shelves. "Fire, ice, acid, air, healing, trapping, blinding, deafening," The alchemist explains, "And everything you can imagine." He provides fewer details of the same things the merchant said.

KNtoran
(Moving ahead)
Theaton doubts he can make the shot against a target behind the last living horse and instead attempts to trace the next bolt from the trees.

The chaos of combat ensues, you can see the the axe bandit fight Val with the half-orc and a bandit to the side trying to get strikes in. The warrior swims to the shore and emerges from the mud, joining the melee.

Then volleys of bolts pepper everything. Theaton gets a bead on the position and fires 2 shots, downing a leaf covered target. He does not have the time to look at the battle, as the next target becomes clear. The enemy keeps firing until he takes the third arrow this time. As you see the blood spurt from your target's green-painted neck, a close, quick movement catches your eye. The half-orc grabs the lead bandit by the hair and sinks a dagger into his neck, roaring loudly in triumph. You notice Val is on the ground, clutching his stomach, and the elf warrior has sliced both remaining bandits in clean halves. Both the half-orc and the elf jump behind horse carcasses for cover, they've been hit by a few bolts.

Everything goes still for two seconds, yet one crossbowman remains, but where? Will you hit him before he gets you?
2 Perceptions and 3 attacks please.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 5th Aug, 2013 - 12:59pm

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 8 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Kuj once again rises to his feet sweeping the dirt from his armor using his hand "Alright, lets go follow him and see what he's up to, there is something we are missing here and I intend to find out." He responded to Alisha, gesturing for her to lead the way "After you M'Lady."

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Out of Character: Rolls for perception: 18, 13

Rolls for combat with +4 modification: 18, 22, 16, 19

Damage from arrows: 8, 5, 6

Theaton will do his best to target and shoot any other hostile person trying to hide in the trees.

5th Aug, 2013 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Shivas in awe of all the potions lingers browsing " How much do your potions cost, particularly the acid?" Shivas thinks to herself that she hopes she has enough coin for at least one, more likely this is a great place to come back to if ever in need of one. Shivas then wonders to the inn thinking perhaps she should rest here for the night instead of pushing on. She greets the innkeeper and asks "Well met, I would like to acquire a room for the night how much coin would it cost me for a meal as well?" Shivas feeling that she has gained the information she desired from the merchant already feels no further need to ask the innkeeper for any further information. Shivas looks around the inn as she seeks her accommodations.

Out of Character: : If the cost of the acid is 5gp or less she will buy one from the alchemist.
Perception Roll(1d20)+3:11,+3 Total:14

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2013 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 8

Game Master says...

Anoki
Alisha almost jumps out the door and runs downstairs, but quiet enough to keep the other patrons asleep. "Morning, Gord!" She says to the innkeeper. "Morn'," Is all the innkeeper can manage, after the previous night, like most nights, was a late end. She stops at the door and pauses, looking down in thought. "Where could he possibly be?" She mutters as you catch up.

"Oy, you," Gord points at Tuj. "It's enough that I turn a blind eye, but when are you paying for your stay?"

After a minute of thought, she exclaims "I know! He'll be reporting a break in! Tee he he."
"What!?" Gord exclaims. He can't react in time from all the way at the counter.

Out of Character: You know Gord charges 1gp a night for your cramped (Not to you) room, and 3sp for a day's meals (Same for your dog). You've stayed for 8 days now.

KNtoran
A rustle of leaves reveals the target and your arrow flies straight and true. A resounding shout of pain is heard, but a bolt still flies out at you, deflecting off your chain shirt. Your second arrow flies out hitting again, and you hear the rustle of a figure crashing to the ground.

The half-orc immediately rolls over to Val and rips his undershirt to bind wounds. The elf runs over to help, but is pushed away. The one living horse is pulling feverishly against the rope, still trying to get away. The half-orc finishes the large bind over Val's stomach, then puts a finger to his neck and keeps it there. His face remains the same serious expression as always, not giving anything away. The barge ever so slowly edges towards the bank, led by the mad horse.

Canabusis
"Ah, the humble acid flask, starting component for so many other creations," Replies the alchemist. "And also causes a nasty burn! I ask 10 gp for such a creation." After hearing your offer, he suggests "Well, if you have something worthwhile trading, I'm always accepting empty or used flasks, cork wood or rare components to experiment on! Though 5gp worth would be quite a quantity of them. Most of the others are probably more expensive than that, though I can offer these."

He turns and takes four items off the shelves. One, a stick, "Tindertwig. Strike it to start a campfire! Nothing easier, just 1 gp." The second and third are poultices, "These two 5 gold coins each. Alchemical grease, lots of uses, from lubricating mechanisms, to fighting better. Brawlers use it all the time, so their opponents can't get a grip. Now this other one, is more for the superstitious. It's a Weapon Blanch of Silver, apply it to a heated weapon and get a light coating of silver. If you believe the tall tales of drunkards about werewolf attacks nearby, this is a great asset. Pretty sure a full moon isn't too far away," He winks, almost sarcastically. The last is a slightly stinking bag of "Vermin Repellant. Nasty stuff, we don't put it on crops, but it's safe over clothing and skin and lasts about 4 hours. Unless you give them a good reason, bugs will avoid you. The beekeepers 2 miles away use them, they pay 5 gold, but I'll give you a special price - 5 gold," He chuckles.

The inn is a large wooden establishment, nicely presented, but what strikes Shivas as strange, is the lack of fireplace. Instead, at each table lies a Heatstone on a slab. A well dressed lady walks out to the counter from a side door and greets you sweetly, "Welcome to the Silk Scarf, I'm Caroline, and you would be...". "Shivas Shanti" You reply and she compliments, "Beautiful name, how can I help?" Then she answers your question, "Rooms are 2 gold this time of year, and a day's meals are 1 gold; Boyad takes pride in his food. Do try the local mead, only a silver piece a horn."

Out of Character: You know these prices are towards the high end, but from what you see so far, it's better than an average inn.

6th Aug, 2013 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

Shivas thinking about it for a moment asks Caroline "Can I get a bath with that price ?" Feeling that this may be worth paying for if she can take a bath, it has been a while since she was able to properly bathe. Almost in a daydream over the thought of a hot meal and a bath Shivas smiles at Caroline with an almost childlike beg in her eyes.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.