ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 74 of 105

Out of Character: Thanks for the explanation. - Page 74 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Feb, 2015 - 1:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
22nd Feb, 2015 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 74

Game Master says...

Out of Character: Initiative is rolled once per encounter.

Consider your Armour Class, it is the number to hit to succeed an attack. It has a base value of 10 before modifiers. Apart from clumsy or large creatures, that will generally be the minimum to hit. I will know the creature's specific AC.

In character: The javelin and arrow fly past each other and both miss their targets. The next set of missiles also miss their target.

Zork falls down prone, behind the fallen log being used as a seat, so that he has total cover from his attacker. A warning arrow is fired that embeds in the log.

The downed man is holding his chest wound closed and spilling arrows from his back quiver, but is wearing his bow across his shoulder. As you crawl closer, he begins crawling out into the open.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Feb, 2015 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Zork needs that bow, so he goes over to end the man's life and take it. To get there he will try some kind of acrobatic move to avoid arrows. Then he will fire back at the guy in the trees.

Out of Character: I am trying something here, maybe it will work.

Acrobatics: +1 = 11

Attack with long sword: +4 = 22, 19

Darn, why couldn't I get these rolls for the javelins!

Damage: +3 = 11, 8

24th Feb, 2015 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Zork can reach the man from where he lies by using his sword to extend his reach. However as he moves to grab the bow, he is only partially in cover and an arrow strikes against his arm (1 damage).

Zork picks up the bow and an arrow, aims towards the archer in the tree and looses one, hitting the abdomen. The bandit shrieks in pain and fear, drops his bow, and climbs off the platform, dropping 20 feet down to the ground. The bandit grunts in pain, and begins to slowly limp into the bushes and trees away from Zork.

Out of Character: With that roll (Frankly a low one) I let you pick up a bow and a single arrow as one move action. Here's the action breakdown, since I know it is probably the hardest thing to remember about the game.

Standard action to attack from prone at -4 to the roll.
Move action to grab bow and arrow.
Archer's turn.
Move action to stand up.
Free action to load an arrow.
Standard action to do a ranged attack.

Does that help you understand?

You got very lucky with that archer's rolls there! Enjoy 270 experience points for your trouble.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 24th Feb, 2015 - 11:36pm

25th Feb, 2015 - 5:18am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 74 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Out of Character: Thank you for the explanation.

Zork sees an opportunity and goes after the bandit. Choosing to subdue him rather than kill him so he can question who he is and what they are all about he shouts, "Stop before I finish you off like I did with your friend."

Out of Character: Not sure how this action works since I'm not attacking the traditional way.

25th Feb, 2015 - 10:21am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

The bandit ignores the warning and continues to limp towards the mudflat area.

Out of Character: You have a few options. You could try to roll intimidate with that statement, to convince him to stop.

You could do a non-lethal attack with your weapon. Perform a normal attack with a -4 to the attack roll (But not damage) to try to knock him unconscious without cutting him. However, bows and ranged weapons in general are too deadly to do this.

You could try to grapple him, taking a bit of effort to stop his movements and pin him, then tie him up.

Or you could do something more creative that I haven't even thought of!

25th Feb, 2015 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

The Second says...

Zork tries to intimidate him, but seeing that its not working (I got a 7) he tries to grapple him.

Out of Character: I don't know if grapple requires a roll but seeing that his back is turned to me wouldn't it be easy to take him to the ground?

Basic melee: 10=4 = 14

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Feb, 2015 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 74

Game Master says...

The bandit turns around as he hears Zork. He puts a hand on his sheathed sword, but too late; he's been grabbed and can't move. He does the only thing he can, squirm to break free. He tears himself from Zork's hands, takes a step away, and faints gracelessly. His head crashes into the leaf litter and blood trickles from his nose.

Out of Character: Bugger! I forgot to mention that it's a Combat Manoeuvre, So you roll your Combat Manoeuvre Bonus (CMB) against an opponent's Combat Manoeuvre Defence (CMD). This is the usual roll for most offensive actions in combat that aren't ordinary attacks.

What happened to these two bandits is they were reduced to exactly 0 hit points, making them Disabled and only able to take move actions. The second bandit did a Standard action to break free, and took 1 damage for doing that, putting him at -1 and unconscious as well as bleeding out until stabilized.

25th Feb, 2015 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 74

The Second says...

Out of Character: Thanks for the explanation. I guess if I wanted them to live I would have to somehow stop them from bleeding?

Zork is no physician and he really did not have mercy for anyone trying to kill him specially when he intended no harm in the first place so he decides to thoroughly search both bandits to see what worthwhile he can find. After drags the bodies to some underbrush to keep them hidden until they rot.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.