ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 75 of 105

Zork is puzzled by the rope knots and looks - Page 75 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2015 - 2:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 105 pgs.  71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
26th Feb, 2015 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 75

Game Master says...

The bandit's blood clots soon after, Zork thinks he is very likely alive and still breathing. The other one definitely appears dead.

Each of the 2 men wear leather armour, and have a longbow, short sword and 2 days of rations, and from both combined you collect 18 gold pieces and 37 arrows.
Near the campfire is also a stash in a shallow burrow covered by a tent. Under the tent lie 30 feet of rope, a whetstone, firewood and some vegetables.

There's plenty of underbrush to hide them in; other options include the mud all around, or the river not far away. Zork knows that leaving corpses uncovered will attract predators.

Out of Character: If the bandit was not already stable, it would take a DC 15 Heal check to stabilize him. Now that he's stable, he gets a check every hour to recover consciousness. You can choose to help or not.

Sponsored Links:
26th Feb, 2015 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Zork takes all the stuff and tries his best to pack it for carry.

He returns to the surviving bandit and attempts to see if he can get anything out of him as far as words about where the rest of the bandits are located. If he can't he will put him out of his misery.

Zork will then hide the bodies under the brush and surround it with tickets and thorns so animals will stay away giving time for a natural decomposition.

After this he will try to study their camp and their foot prints to see where they came from and what they were doing there.

27th Feb, 2015 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Zork waits at least three hours with no response, as the day becomes late afternoon. Is he willing to wait until nightfall?

If the bandit awakes, what tactic will he use? Can you roll appropriate Intimidate or Diplomacy?

I forgot to include a fishing net among the loot. The entire collection weighs Zork down, but he can still keep pace at about 2/3 of his normal pace, which is normal for a heavy load.

27th Feb, 2015 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 75 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Out of Character: Sorry maybe I wasn't more clear, Zork's checking on the bandit was more immediate than 3 hours. Basically I wanted to check the things they had, collect it up and see if the remaining bandit was still alive. If he isn't then I end his life.

If he is alive here are my rolls:
Intimidate: 18
Diplomacy: 20

After collecting everything Zork will head back to the fort to get some rest and healed up.

1st Mar, 2015 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Zork slits the unconscious bandit's throat and heads off with the gear at the camp-site. The plentiful thorn bushes along the riverbank make good cover for the bodies.

Quickly checking their footprints, you note that the area is actually well travelled and the earth packed hard. Most tracks are up and down the river, however there are faint and old tracks in all other directions too.

Slowed down, you are surprised that you only travel about 6 to 7 miles before dusk. You estimate another 25 miles to go, which would take a whole 12 hours at this rate.

Out of Character: You have the option to Hustle or Forced March for the current night or the next day.
Hustling is movement at double speed, and the first hour is normal, but every hour after you take non-lethal damage (1 then 2 then 4 and doubling).
A Forced March is continuing for an extra hour of travel (After the normal 8 hours) and requires a Constitution roll of 10 (+2 per extra hour) or you take 1d6 non-lethal damage.

1st Mar, 2015 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

The Second says...

Zork becomes tired with his journey. He decides to use his newly found equipment to setup a cold camp in the forest where he can't be seen. He will then continue in the morning.

Out of Character: I forgot to mention that I also wanted to retrieve the javelins, do I have them of did I forget them?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2015 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 75

Game Master says...

Zork's camp is effective at attracting nothing during the night, or so he thinks at first. As he begins to pack, he notices that both his and the bandit's ropes have been tied together in a series of tight knots, shortening its total length to just 20 feet and its thickness makes in difficult to store.

Out of Character: Zork did manage to retrieve his javelins. If I remember correctly, they don't break on impact, unlike arrows which do and have half chance to break on a miss.

Is Zork going to travel a normal 8 hours, or will he use one of the options I mentioned to speed up his journey?

2nd Mar, 2015 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 75

The Second says...

Zork is puzzled by the rope knots and looks around to see who might be following him. He then travels the normal 8 hours hoping not to meet anyone unfriendly on his way back to the fort. At the fort he will seek rest for his wounds and then tell all to the commander and store owner.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.