ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 78 of 105

When Mykael asks for clarification, the sergeant - Page 78 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jun, 2015 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 105 pgs.  74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
16th Mar, 2015 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 78

Game Master says...

Zork is given a horse to borrow and the men quickly prepare its saddle. The four mounted guards ride out into the black plain, first rays of light just visible on the horizon. The will-o-wisp only lights intermittently, clearly on a meandering path towards the campfire, the only constant light in the area.

Kesten rides up beside Zork and hands him a pouch. "Flour, for when it turns invisible. Good trick some adventurers told me."

An hour later you are all still riding flat out, the distance to the camp easily halved. It should only take one more hour to reach the camp, but with the wisp invisible, it is hard to tell if you'll be late.

"Men, listen up," Kesten says between gallops. "We are going to the campfire ahead of us. When we get there we must wake whoever is at the camp. Their safety is our priority, use all the resources you have at your disposal. That includes your horse and your own life! Are you ready men?"

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2015 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Second says...

Zork says a hearty, "Yes Sir!" As he keeps keen about what might take his life ahead.

Out of Character: I don't know if these are needed now but here they are:

Stealth 20+1 = 21
Perception 2
Ride 20+1 = 21

Zork will attempt to maneuver unsure.gif his horse so he isn't a target and get close to the wisp to see if he can powder it.

17th Mar, 2015 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

As you are closing in on the campfire's position, maybe 1000 feet away, the light reappears right above it, glowing bright red. You hear a distant scream and see the silhouettes of the camp members getting up. After a while, it goes invisible again and reappears to the right (West) of the camp.

Now that it is proper morning, the campfire is quashed and you can see three people mounting their horses and starting to travel towards you (North). The wisp disappears again, and you reach the travellers who ride out to hail you.

Greet them and describe your character in the Stolen Land thread: Source 8

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 17th Mar, 2015 - 1:01pm

8th Jun, 2015 - 4:45am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Page 78 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael’s heart pounded in his chest as he read the words on the parchment; he knew without a doubt that his life was about to change dramatically. This was what his father had been preparing him for all these years. Mykael wondered if his great uncle had been in contact with his father this whole time and had foreseen these events in some way, or if this was a fluke, a shot in the dark as it were as far as his father’s hopes for him were concerned.

Mykael read the parchment several times to make sure that he had read it correctly, or perhaps because a part of him somehow doubted the documents authenticity which was why he kept going back to study the seal. Surely he would awaken soon and this was but a dream for he held in his hands the opportunity to fulfill what his father had always told him was his destiny, the chance to prove his worth and perhaps gain the attention of the Sword Lords.

“There are no further instructions?” Mykael asked as he looked up from the parchment and met his father’s gaze “the courier said nothing? Is there someone I should contact when I arrive at the trading post?”
Mykael folded the document and stuffed it into the fold of his armor of his left shoulder “I will need to inform the sergeant of the guard…I am due for my shift later this evening and I don’t want them to think that I went AWOL.”

He had become accustomed to his life despite his father’s constant grilling, his demands that he constantly train and prepare for this day. Mixed in with his excitement that the day had actually arrived was an underlying sense of grief and loss. Mykael suddenly realized that he was about to leave behind everything that he had known for the last twenty-one years; his family, his friends, his job and in some ways perhaps his entire identity.

There was no denying that there was also a sense of fear and uncertainty. Would he even survive this? Would he ever see his mother and father again? A part of him wanted nothing more to continue life as it was; to settle down find a woman and maybe start his own family.

A sense of resentment started to rise within him. Why was his father pushing this onto him? If his father wanted this so bad why did he never pursue it himself? The thoughts were quickly suppressed and replaced with a feeling of guilt for having such emotions in the first place. He no time for such things as he would have to gather his things, pack and prepare for his journey and his mission.

8th Jun, 2015 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Your father can't stop beaming proudly, "I'm afraid this is the only letter that has come. The courier said simply that it's from Swordlord Arnim Brewmor. He seemed quite secretive about it, none of his expensive outfit showed from under his cloak. I hope uncle hasn't gotten into trouble lately, but I know he can certainly handle a fight if it came to that.

"The sergeant might know, or may know someone else who knows. Definitely the best place to start would be the official channels."

Seeing his son's face display a myriad of emotions, he continues "I know its a far cry from the city and away from home. It's time to grow up. No more back alley duels or arduous standing to attention for hours. If I could help you I would, but too many people depend on me here and I don't want to lose this house with our meagre savings. We will always be here, do come back soon."

9th Jun, 2015 - 3:09am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Ignoble says...

Mykael would make sure to pack as much equipment as he can fit into his backpack and on his person and would go to the nearest general store to acquire any items listed on the character sheet that he didn't already have. Odds are he would have already had items like a backpack, rope, waterskin, travelers garb, etc. But would need to go by the general store for things like trail rations, torches, tinder twigs, things like that. He is left with thirty four gold pieces which he secures in his belt pouch and tucks away on his belt covered by his cloak.

He goes to his sergeant and explains the situation to him, and requests the sergeants permission to take his leave. Mykael apologizes for not being able to provide more notice, but the parchment indicated that the issue was one that requires some haste. Mykael would ask his sergeant if he is aware of Olegs Trading Post and would be able to provide him with some direction. If the sergeant doesn't know Mykael would probably try to ask around at a tavern or the general store too see if anyone else would know how to get there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jun, 2015 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 78

Game Master says...

"Well then," Sergeant Ericks replies, "But you will be sacrificing last week's pay. It sounds like you have quite the daring adventure ahead of you and your current pay will pale in comparison to the reward. If only the rest of Owlbear Company could help. Well, the Swordlords have their reasons.

"Oleg's trading post sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. I remember Sergeant Nevak mentioned it a few weeks ago. He led Scrag Company west to Fort Serenko.

"As you know the paperwork will take a few days to process. I can't confirm that you will actually be dismissed if I dismiss you today." He begins shuffling papers and searching for a quill, in order to record your dismissal.

10th Jun, 2015 - 2:12am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 78

Game Master says...

When Mykael asks for clarification, the sergeant adds, "I'm not as strict as the bureaucrats in charge. If you want to go today, best of luck. They could reject the application for dismissal, but I've never seen it happen. It might be different now as defences are being built in the east. But this is the Free City of Restov, the city and its citizens are meant to be free!"

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.