ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 79 of 105

*Archival flashes a smile of gratitude.* “My - Page 79 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jun, 2015 - 11:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 105 pgs.  75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
10th Jun, 2015 - 2:31am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 79

Ignoble says...

Mykael is a bit torn by the sergeants response; though the sergeant had essentially given him leave to embark on his quest immediately it still feels somewhat wrong for Mykael to leave without officially being sanctioned to do so by the powers that be. Mykael thanks the sergeant and wishes him a prosperous future "May the gods smile on you and yours" He tells the sergeant "And tell my brother guards that I will remember them and pray that Iomede keep watch over them."

During his time as a guard he had become known for a devotion to Iomede and would often call on her, sometimes leading to his comrades playfully teasing him about his faith in the warrior goddess. Indeed he had considered applying to act as a guard at one of her temples but he questioned whether his father would approve and so he never had pursued it.

"So Sergeant Nevak and Scrag Company are at Fort Sorenko?" He asks Sergeant Eriks "Are they due to be back anytime soon or have they been stationed there for the foreseeable future?"

Regardless of the answer that the sergeant gives Mykael will make his way to the tavern most familiar to him and ask the barkeep there about the trading post and if he is aware of it or if any of his patrons have mentioned it.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2015 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

The sergeant replies that that's where Scrag Company were stationed, with no further orders, or at least none that Ericks was privy to.

Mykael has no luck getting information from the tavern owner. However, an hour later, in walks the shopkeeper from before, who does have answers.
The shopkeeper begins "Oleg's? Of course I know it. He supplies a lot of the furs and skins that the leather-makers and tailors go on to use in town.
"He's also well placed on a road between here and the capital, New Stetven. But closer to Restov than the capital. If the road were safer, more merchants would use it. But the military doesn't patrol that far, they only go halfway, up to Fort Serenko. They really should, as the road is still on their territory.
"Oleg is a smart man, he lies just outside the border of Brevoy so he avoids the land tax. Problem is, he's also technically outside the jurisdiction to guard."

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Squinting at the august centaur atop the cliff, I nod my recognition of Caelum's words. "I do not know the burial rituals of centaurs, and I do not want to stick around to be left unburied by them either. Let us quickly arrange their bodies in a respectful manner to be collected by their kin and make haste. Hopefully all of the tales I have heard about centaurs are not true. Sadly though, it never seems to matter if you kill someone in self defense or not - someone is always going to want vengeance. I can not say I blame them either. I am just as guilty and just as weak in desiring the same thing."

*I arrange the bodies with care, leaving them unmolested. After two minutes the deed is done and I mount Midnight with Caelum.*

"Let us be away from this place and seek refuge in the safety of Restov. Hopefully the centaurs do not ride ahead and seek to set an ambush after we leave the city."

*I ride Midnight at a moderate pace. Neither pushing her, nor dallying. I rely on Caelum's excellent perception to inform me if any threats are nearby - whether it be ahead and from those unknown, or centaurs chasing from behind.*

11th Jun, 2015 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Page 79 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael thanks the shopkeeper for the information and offers to buy him a beverage. “How many days travel is it by foot?” he asks “Are you aware of any caravans that will be bound for the trading post anytime soon?” thinking that the trading post may sell its goods in Rostov and then the caravans would return to the outpost with supplies.

If the roads are not regularly patrolled in some areas perhaps one of the caravans would be willing to hire him on as a guard to help protect them from bandits; believing that it would be safer to travel in numbers rather than attempting to make the trip on his own.

12th Jun, 2015 - 2:58am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Diarmadhim
On the way to the city, along the opposite riverbank, a herd of ten huge mastodon drink from the river and shake the ground with their stomping feet, but ignore you.
Restov soon comes into view, its jagged haphazard cityscape silhouetted against the setting sun. The town guard wave you through the east gate, while a handful of tribal looking people stand to the side, waiting to be inspected.
The city at night is still a busy place, with occasional guard patrols, street food vendors, some scuffles and sword duels and more than a few ladies of the night posing suggestively.

Aericsteele
"Thanks for the drink," The shopkeeper downs half the mug, which cost you 3 cp. "By foot, it's less than a day to Nivakta's crossing, then another day to Fort Serenko. I think it's another two days to Oleg's after that, depends on your pace."
"I heard Vekkel Benzen was back in town this afternoon. He usually takes a day or two to offload Oleg's goods here and sometimes he stays sometimes he returns there immediately. He takes whatever Oleg has ordered from town with him."
"Other merchants, well, they change their mind quickly and just travel depending on the market. Too unreliable."

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2015 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

*Glancing around, I hail a passing guard patrol.*

“Excuse me! Would you happen to be able to direct me to a reputable inn that will be able to stable my steed for the night?”

(Diplomacy roll necessary? If so, do I just use my home dice - or do you roll for us?)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jun, 2015 - 11:14am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 79

Game Master says...

"There's a few choices in town," The guard answers. "If you want to stay safe, the guards frequent the Midnight Cafe or the Bear Hug.
"Someone of noble stock such as yourself might like Benny's Stop near the center of town and popular with passing merchants, or the Wedded Trout located towards the river and piers but more popular with the older men in charge of town.
"You said reputable taverns, I know. But I should mention the Minuteman Inn. A lot of the young nobles and bastards hang around there and there's a duel almost every night. It certainly earned its name."

The other guard adds, "Problem with the horse though. Regulations say stables have to be a separate business. But there are plenty dotted around town. Benny's smart though. He has his wife run a stable across the road from his place."

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2015 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 79

*Archival flashes a smile of gratitude.*

“My sincerest thanks, good men! I would prefer to avoid unnecessary violence, so as not to bother upstanding individuals such as yourself, so I think I'll stay away from the Minuteman Inn. Thank you for the warning, directions, and the tip!”

*With that I urge Midnight forward and ride toward Benny's Stop and his wife's stable.*

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.