ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 82 of 105

"Thank you for the kind gesture Vekkel!" - Page 82 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jun, 2015 - 6:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 105 pgs.  78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2015 - 7:58am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 82

Out of Character: Whatever you prefer. I'm a pretty relaxed individual. Don't hesitate to make skill rolls for me or Caelum, either. They are all laid out in my character sheet to make it easier for you to do so smile.gif By the way, remember I'm wearing Padded Armor too. Caelum's style of dress has been appropriately described though. Would one typically wear their finery with armor? I had assumed I would be wearing one of my other outfits - either the traveler's outfit or the cold weather outfit, depending on the weather.

In Character:
Caelum asks innocently, "Ah, is that what that document was about?"

Archival interjects, "Caelum, mind your manners dear friend! If people want to share information, they will in their own due time." Turning back to Vekkel and Mykael, he continues, "I am terribly sorry for that. Scouting, you say? Caelum is impeccably perceptive, as you can see," Archival grins as Caelum nods and beams. "We are actually seeking out a new life and from what you say this could be the opportunity we were searching for." Archival glances compassionately at Vekkel's leg before continuing, a determined gleam in his eye, "My uncle always said 'the greater the risk, the greater the reward.' Tell me more."

*Archival sits and offers another round of drinks for each of the men, ordering another mint tea for himself. Caelum takes up a watchful position, looking for any potential dangers which he would instantly make Archival aware of via their link.*

Sponsored Links:
19th Jun, 2015 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both” Mykael says as he stands and firmly shakes hands with Archival and Caelum. Sitting back down Mykael takes another swig of his ale then once again produces the parchment from the folds of his armor and allows Archival and Caelum to look it over before he carefully replaces it back in the fold of his armor.

“This came for me today from my uncle” he explains to Archival and Caelum “this may be as good an opportunity as any for your new life. I’ll admit I don’t have much in the way of experience when it comes to exploring but I am handy with a blade.”

With the offer of another drink Mykael downs the remainder of his ale and eagerly accepts the offer of another round. Mykael tends to associate drinking ale with the many laid back evenings he’d spent at the local taverns with his comrades after his guard shifts, and immediately begins to relax and become less inhibited, feeling less out of place as the crowd of merchants seems to fade from his consciousness. Though he does not let his guard down completely, there is an obvious shift in his demeanor from rigid and alert to more laid back and relaxed.

“If you need any help offloading those supplies let me know” Mykael says to Vekkel “I’m more than willing to help.”

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2015 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

*Archival and Caelum each peruse the document, discussing via their link.*

Caelum: Well that's...
Archival: Interesting!
Caelum: That's not what I was going to say.
Archival: *chuckles* I know my friend, I know. However, this is the perfect opportunity to start our lives anew! We absolutely HAVE to get one of these charters.
Caelum: ... I worry you're throwing yourself into this because you don't want to properly grieve. Or worse yet,you seek a potential for release from your pain.
Archival: ... I thank you for your concern Caelum, but your fears are unnecessary. Do I want to do something to take my mind off of the pain? Desperately. However, I won't do anything to purposely bring harm to myself or you. I promise.
Caelum: Very well.

Caelum casts a quick glance at Archival before asking, "It's painfully apparent my lord would like to join such an expedition. How would I go about procuring a charter for him as well?"

Archival beams with the exuberance of youth and states, "Oh this will be much better than being stuck in the villa!"

21st Jun, 2015 - 2:14am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 82 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Archival's meal finally arrives, a large 1 pound steak with blanched carrots and creamy mash on the side. The girl immediately follows up with the tea and drinks.

Vekkel sculls the rest of his first ale and responds, "It's been a good month and a half since these plans have been rolled out and work started. From what I hear, the other regions have a good lot of manpower, but the Greenbelt expedition doesn't. We have three men out there exploring and 3 guards holding the trading post.

I remember one of the guards had a copy of the charter, and wasn't planning to continue. I also know that a lot of the noble spoilt brats who were given charters didn't show up. If you want your own, you want to find the Chief Surveyor's office. You might be lucky and convince him to offer you a charter in these circumstances."

"Thanks for the offer Mykael, I would like some help. I could save a bit of time in the morning and, once Archival has all that he needs, we could head back to Oleg's. It's been a long time since I've had company on the road."

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2015 - 9:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Archival smiles and states, "I would be more than willing to help you as well! Would you mind giving me directions to the Chief Surveyor's office so I can expedite my morning's errand? I look forward to accompanying you on the road and will relish the opportunity to make new friends!"

*Archival will thank both of the men for being so helpful upon learning the location of the office. He will then procure a room and rest, waking early in order to visit the Chief Surveyor's Office as soon as it opens.*

23rd Jun, 2015 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

“Very good” Mykael says as he downs the last of his ale and stands up “full day ahead of us tomorrow so I suppose I should call it a night. Where are you offloading supplies? I will meet you there to help at first light.”

Turning to the Caelum and Archival Mykael nods “Pleasure meeting you all.” After waiting for Vekkel’s response Mykael thanks him and leaves the table then returns to his family’s hut for the evening where he once again inventories his supplies and maintains his equipment; sharpening his sword, polishing his armor, etc. In preparation for the journey.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jun, 2015 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 82

Game Master says...

Vekkel mentions the directions, "Glad to hear you're on board. The office building is built like a fort and is cleary visible from the north east corner of the town square. It's a freestanding stone building with flags flying proudly above and Restov banners flowing down."

Cealum mentions he saw a building of that description on the way in. It was on the road between the gate and the square.

"First stop tomorrow will be a few of the tanneries in the north east part of town. Last stop is Yolanda's Apothecary, right by the west gate."

Vekkel and Mykael drink a little longer but eventually everyone finishes and retreats to their rooms. At Benny's Stop rooms cost 3 gold a night, despite being nothing more than a bed, desk and oil lamp, with a bath and 2 toilets on each level shared between 10 rooms. Vekkel offers space in his room if necessary.

Fireday 19 Gozran

The next morning is beautiful, warm and sunny. People mill about in the streets before work as Archival heads to the imposing structure of the offices. The portcullis is closed but soon enough four guards come from within to lift it and two remain standing guard.

When Archival mentions he's there to see the Chief Surveyor, they reply that nobody is in the office yet and he should check back in an hour.

Meanwhile,
Mykael's parents wave their final goodbyes after a hearty breakfast of pancakes and berries, specially prepared.

Vekkel waits for Mykael with his horse and wagon in front of Flor's tannery, where Flor offloads crates as Vekkel watches. "Ah! You found me! How are you this fine morning? We will be going to the brewery next before the bank of Abadar, or is it the temple of Abadar? I never know what to call it."

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 23rd Jun, 2015 - 3:25pm

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2015 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 82

"Thank you for the kind gesture Vekkel!" Archival leans in to whisper conspiratorially, "3 gold for such spartan conditions is a bit steep! While I might have some money, it certainly doesn't grow on trees. I will happily take you up on your offer. I will give you 1 gold to allow me to share your room, I will take the floor!"

The Next Day

*That night Archival rolls out his bedroll on the floor, thanks Caelum for his service, Vekkel for his hospitality, and falls asleep. The next morning Archival: rises, summons Caelum, quietly gathers his belongings so as not to disturb Vekkel, checks Midnight out of the stable, and heads to the Chief Surveyor's Office.*

*Upon learning that the Chief Surveyor won't be in for another hour, Archival and Caelum hover nearby, conversing about potential plans while waiting for the Chief Surveyor to arrive.*

"An hour?" Archival confirms, smiling. "Very well. How are you gentlemen doing today?" After some small-talk and pleasantries, Archival asks, "What can you tell me about the recent charters? Is there anything of note, specifically anything pertaining to the Greenbelt charter?"

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.