ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 83 of 105

Mallius Vand replies, "Oh, so you wouldn't - Page 83 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jun, 2015 - 1:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 105 pgs.  79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
24th Jun, 2015 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 83

Game Master says...

18th
Vekkel actually refuses the payment. "I'm not your typical money-for-anything merchant. It's a token of appreciation for the good company on the road tomorrow."

19th
One guard replies, "It's been a while since somebody's been asking about that. A friend from Fort Serenko said the explorers are doing a great job. No more kobolds pestering their patrols and far fewer bandits. But those evil cultists of Gyronna are still out there, spreading their faith of hatred, extortion and spite."
The other guard interrupts, "Gyronna? That makes no sense. We know they hold these silver stag-skull amulets. Their cult worships a demon posing as an undead insult to Erastil, the stag-headed patron of our town. The sooner they're gone the better."

The guards begin to argue, ignoring the rest of your questions. It soon descends into a match of flung insults, but they stop when the first official arrives. A man wearing nice grey furs and a heavy golden chain with a symbol on the shoulder walks in as the guards salute. They tell you that that was Leonard Aldori, the Harbourmaster.
An elf in academic robes also arrives, and the guards tell you that was Pruxius of Kyonin. Apparently he's lived in Restov since its founding; an emissary from Kyonin, the elven nation far to the south.

Finally, after not a full hour, a man in a simple yet elegantly presented yellow-grey robe holding a bunch of scroll cases arrives. The guards snap to attention, then point to you. The man waves you over.

"Greeting, sir. I am Chief Surveyor Mallius Vand. Walk and talk with me." He leads you past the garden in the central courtyards, and into the stone building and its winding staircases.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2015 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

*Archival smiles and nods to each official while Caelum gives a slight bow.*

Stepping to the Chief Surveyor's side with Caelum in tow, Archival greets him, "Well met and good morning Chief Surveyor Vand. I am Archival Oragor and my friend is Caelum. It truly is a pleasure to meet you. I do not want to take up too much of your valuable time so I will go straight to the heart of why I am here. Mykael Brewmor notified me that he received a charter to explore the Greenbelt and I would like to inquire if I could acquire a charter as well. If so, I would also like to now if there are any maps of the region that might help with exploration. Even an old map would be a boon in determining the lay of the land."

25th Jun, 2015 - 4:07am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

"Well, we certainly are looking for more men to explore the Greenbelt after we had a few who didn't show up. The explorers who are already out there have a copy of the map Taldor made when it tried to occupy the land centuries ago. They, of course, failed where we will not. We have learnt the lessons they didn't. Also, as a charter holder, you will have full looting rights to those ruins should you choose to do that."

The path through the keep is winding, it is after all a defensive structure. Caelum, less interested in the discussion, keeps watch on the twists and turns.

"So, the Brewmor family got a charter? Not a wise move by Swordlord Arnim. I hope it doesn't affect his reputation, for he is a good man."

Mallius leads upstairs to he office, a wood panel with the carved word 'Surveyor' on the door. Inside, lie stacks of paper on a drafting table and desk beside it, with shelves full of rolled up parchments all around.

"I have the a new copy of the Taldor map right here," He unfurls a roll he pulls off the shelf. "Oops not that one." He pulls off another two maps, finally getting the correct one the fourth time.

The map he unfurls is at the bottom of the post at Source 8s

"Since this is so old, the terrain could have changed so we need it updated. Also it's not detailed enough for us. The explorers are building a detailed map of this region" He points out an area which I have drawn as a red box. "I do not have a spare map, but the explorers have the original with them."

"But I'm getting too far ahead. I need to know what skills you can bring to the exploration team. Are you a good tracker, spotter, survivalist, cartographer? Can you prove it?"

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2015 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 83 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"If Swordlord Arnim is a good man, I am sure his decision to give a charter to Mykael was well thought out. From what I know of Mykael he is an exceptional man of honor. If such a thing were to effect the Swordlord's honor, those that besmirch it likely would have found another reason to do so anyways." Archival and Caelum each study the map intently before Archival continues, "I was trained as a diplomat and in the arcane arts by my uncle. I specialize in summoning creatures to aid me. Whereas your typical caster will have a creature that lasts in intervals of six seconds, mine last ten times longer. Where I might not personally excel, my summons are able to supplement my abilities. My friend Caelum is a consumate spotter. He is also a tracker, survivalist, and stealthy. If there is a device that needs disabling, he is the one I would trust to do it. We would be more than happy to prove our worth. What do you have in mind?"

25th Jun, 2015 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael approached Vekkel with a spring in his step and a smile on his face, obviously excited and anxious to begin the journey. “The day finds me well sir” he replies, “and I hope if finds you well also.”

Mykael immediately begins to help download the cargo from the wagon. Physical labor not being foreign to Mykael he barely breaks a sweat as he moves the crates from the wagon to wherever he is directed to place them.

He laughs at Vekkel’s comment about Abadar and shakes his head “You and me both” he says “sometimes they can seem a bit interchangeable. One of the reasons why I generally focus my prayers and offerings to Iomede or Gorum…less confusion there.”

Offloading the last of the crates at the tannery Aeric wipes his brow and slaps his hands together several times to clear the dirt from them,his breathing is only somewhat labored but quickly returns to normal.

“That reminds me. Will there be time to stop at Gorum’s shrine here before we leave? Always a good idea to receive a blessing before embarking on a journey such as this.”

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 25th Jun, 2015 - 10:09pm

27th Jun, 2015 - 4:12am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

Diarmadhim
"Summoning?", the surveyor queries. "Why that's excellent. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting someone who could hold onto his summons for more than a few seconds. The wizards in town are better known for evocation and abjuration magic; and duels are quite a spectacle.
"So can you show me a summon and also have the power to command it?"
"Oh, and a diplomat too. What do you know about the Vanishing of house Rogarvia, and what are your opinions on it?"

He turns to Caelum, "As for you, can you identify any of the species in the courtyard garden we passed? And can you see the sign at the end of the corridor from my doorway?"

Archival needs to summon and control it somehow, possibly with Handle Animal, and one Knowledge Nobility and one Diplomacy check.
Caelum needs 3 Knowledge Nature checks (Or Survival with a penalty), and a perception check.

Aericsteele
Flor thanks Mykael for the help and agrees with you both about Abadar but mentions the good works the priests also do such as their interest free loans to the poor.

Vekkel replies to Mykael, "We can stop there, it's close enough to the brewery."

Sure enough, the brewery is close and the stop is short; they only load a barrel of beer and a crate of bottles of spirits.
Then you arrive at the temple of Gorum. A stone structure built like a fort, Gorum's symbol of a sword in a mountain is mounted above the double doors of the entrance. Inside, iron sconces hold fires around thick stone columns, which rise out of the bare stone floor. The chinking of metalwork is heard from the blacksmith inside, which specializes in weapons, and the temple is also a hub for mercenaries and, strangely, nobles as well.

A built man in full chain and holy symbol greets you bluntly. "You have work for a mercenary? Or are you wanting to sign up and be a Warpriest?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2015 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 83

"Actually, I have been quite sheltered by my uncle. He didn't want my diplomatic education to be, oh how did he put it? Ah, yes, 'swayed by preconceived notions others might have of certain individuals.' He thought it would be far better for me to form my own opinions during my travels. Seeing as I've started my journey but yesterday, I have not yet gathered enough information to warrant a properly formed opinion on the subject matter."

"I don't like using magic needlessly, but luckily Caelum is a prime example of my capabilities. He is my Eidolon and I actually summon him. Allow us to demonstrate." With that, Archival nods and Caelum smiles then vanishes. "Because Caelum remains as long as I need him, the time it takes me to summon him is longer."

*Concentrates for 1 minute and then Caelum reappears.*

"And there you have it!" Archival states while smiling. Caelum, please fulfill your given task."

*Caelum nods, looks out the door for the sign, and recites the species from the courtyard garden that he knows.*

Out of Character: Knowledge skills cannot be used untrained. Currently, the only Knowledge skill I have is in Arcana. However, maybe we can use my Diplomacy check to smooth over that fact in tandem with my first paragraph biggrin.gif

Archival decides to play it safe on the Diplomacy check and takes a 10 for 10+11=21.
Caelum takes a 10 on the Perception check for 10+15=25.

For the Survival checks, Caelum normally gets a +4 skill modifier. Please adjust the results as you deem fit.

28th Jun, 2015 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 83

Game Master says...

Mallius Vand replies, "Oh, so you wouldn't have researched any case studies for your education. A shame, because it really helps to solidify concepts and shows an application of the knowledge."

Archival gives a logical response in praise of rigorous theory and mentions its many merits; Mallius seems very impressed.

He is also delighted when Caelum disappears and is resummoned. Through a childish grin he says, "I would never have guessed!"

Caelum follows up, correctly identifying the identify the sapling of a Southern Oak, bushes of Brevish Lavender and some kind of non-native blue-eyed daisy which Caelum hasn't seen before. Caelum also reads the small wooden plaque as 'Archives' to which the surveyor is even more impressed.

"I like what I see," He admits. "I suppose you want a charter now to officiate this. Luckily, I do have the authority to hand this charter out." He begins opening drawers, searching for half a minute. "Ah here!"
He slides over a parchment with the seal of Restov. The text is on the first post if this thread, if you haven't read it already.
"Just ask any questions," The Chief Surveyor offers.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.