ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 85 of 105

Mykael thanks Yolanda for her offers but must - Page 85 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Jul, 2015 - 1:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 105 pgs.  81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
2nd Jul, 2015 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 85

Ignoble says...

Mykael drops a gold piece into the collection box at Gorum’s temple and politely refuses the war priest’s offers and then joins Vekkel in greeting and shaking hands with Caelum and Archival.

At the apothecary’s shop Mykael does a quick wide eyed double take when Archival lists off the potential hazards that they may be facing. Truth be told, he hadn’t truly considered just what monsters might roam the wilderness, and the reality was that the idea of fey creatures sort of creeped him out and made his skin crawl a little bit, though he wasn’t sure exactly why this was the case.

Mykael had assumed that wild animals, bandits, kobolds, and the occasional goblin or orc would be found within the confines of the Green Belt but things like trolls, will-o-wisps, and Wyverns had not crossed his mind until Archival mentioned it. The revelation created an odd mixture of apprehension and excitement for Mykael.

“I imagine anything that has some form of healing property would be helpful for us ma’am” he says having quickly composed himself though he unconsciously tugs at his armor in a manner similar to what he had done at the tavern when he approached Vekkel, “also, anything that might stave off poison or disease could prove useful.”

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2015 - 11:25am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"Oil and Tindertwigs," She complains, "My abilities go to waste! At the very least ask for a Sunrod, much safer and usable underwater." She walks over to a drawer and places two carved twig and a waterskin full of oil approximately 5 lbs. "That will be 2 and a half gold, and in case you decide on the Sunrod, they are 2 gold each."

To you other questions, the old lady thinks for a few seconds and says, "It all depends on how much you can pay. I can brew the whole series of curing potions, a light cure for 50, a moderate cure for 300 and a serious cure for 750 gold pieces."

"To protect yourself from the weather extremes, you'll want an Endure Elements potion for 50 gold but for the Will-o-Wisps you're going to want to much more resistance from electricity, 300 gold will buy you half an hour of protection."

"Trolls are nasty, I have Alchemist's Fire for 20 gold, or you can try to slow them down with Tanglefoot bags, for the premium of 50 gold."

"Maybe you want to speed up your pace, bearing down on a monster or escaping? I have an Expeditious Retreat for 50 gold, but it only lasts a minute. If you want a boost that lasts an hour, I have the unique contacts to provide a Longstrider potion, for 75 gold. You can add 50 gold for an additional hour up to 5 hours."

"The same druids that provide me scrolls for that, also provide for a Hide from Animals potion. Animals will completely ignore you for just 75 gold! Sadly, it doesn't work on vermin. If you want to make sure, you can't go wrong with an Invisibility which lasts a minute for 300 gold!"

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 3rd Jul, 2015 - 11:34am

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2015 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Archival grins and attempts to smooth things over diplomatically, "I do not mean to waste your abilities, my lady, merely spare my currently meager purse. I will gladly take the oil and two tindertwigs. If I could trouble you for some flasks to put the oil in - maybe 10 of them? The oil with the tindertwigs should make for a poor man's alchemist's fire. I'll also take two sunrods... Oh! A pot of wound paste as well."

Archival looks to Vekkel and Mykael, "If we should happen to be near death, we can smear it on whomever is dying and they will stabilize. They will still have to recover normally, which could take days, but at least it will give us five potential 'get out of death free' uses. It is much more frugal than a potion of cure light wounds."

*Caelum pays for the items.*

Out of Character: Diplomacy check: Take 10 + 11 = 21.

(Flask (Empty) 3cp each (Core Rulebook p. 158) & Wound Paste (PFSRD) 50 gp). If the wound paste is available, that should bring the total cost of my purchase to 56 gp 8 sp. If the Wound Paste isn't available, mayhaps some Blessed Bandages (Magic Item Compendium p. 152) are?

4th Jul, 2015 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 85 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"Ah, just take the flasks," She offers. "I guess it's safer that way, I should have sold it in those." She offers 5 flasks, pint sized, for the oil.

"Wound paste is not something I can make and I haven't had an order for in in quite some time," She answers as she searches through a cupboard. She pulls out a pot and unscrews the lid, "You're lucky I have some of this. It's been lying around for ages. I guess I appreciate it and could offer a discount."

With a little convincing, she sells you the items for 56 gold only, dropping the silver you offered.

With the business in town sorted, Vekkel leads you back to the cart, hops on and offers you seats on the wagon if you wish to take them. He leads his horse out the city gates, heading West along the road. The pace on the first day is fast, but not particularly tiring.

During the day there are a few wagons and carts that you pass by. Some of the poorer people moving out of town and taking their meagre possessions with them.
Just before sunset you reach the small town of Nivakta's Crossing. The only inn in town has no name and the shared bedroom costs 2 silver per person, including bread and water for dinner and breakfast.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2015 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Archival and Caelum fill the five flasks with oil and stopper the container up for later use. After placing the flasks in his potion belt, Archival thanks Yolanda, “What luck! You have my thanks, my lady. Caelum tells me this is quite useful. Strange that you don't get more orders for it.” Archival and Caelum wave goodbye as they exit the apothecary.

Archival gladly takes the offered seat and Caelum mounts Midnight. “I will ride lookout,” Caelum states. As they travel he stays within 100 feet of the wagon, scouting for any potential dangers.

“I will cover the costs of our stay tonight, if you gentlemen do not mind,” Archival states. He hands the inkeep a gold coin and asks, “might my friends and I have some juice instead of water tonight?”

That night Archival quietly inscribes his personal mark on all of his and Caelum's belongings, including Midnight, using Arcane Mark.

Out of Character: Caelum takes 10 on his Perception check, 10 + 15 = 25.
Archival's Diplomacy check for favorably changing the attitude of the innkeeper to hopefully allow his requestion: takes 10, 10 + 11 = 21.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 4th Jul, 2015 - 7:14pm

6th Jul, 2015 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

The innkeeper apologizes and replies, "I'd like to, but we don't have any. I could give you some fresh milk instead."

Starday 20th Gozran

The night passes and Vekkel wakes you both to continue on the road ahead. It's a windy day, but lucily you're not travelling against the wind. It is actually quite early in the afternoon that you reach Fort Serenko. The fort has only two wooden buildings surrounded by a wooden wall.

The man on watch opens the gate with haste signalling you to be quiet and enter quickly. All of the guards are looking towards the mountain to the south beyond the river. There is little movement within the fort and everyone is trying to stay low. Caelum looks that direction and points out the blue winged figure walking along the rocky ledges about a third of a mile away. The guard nods and says "Wyvern to the south, don't get spotted."

Out of Character: I need a stealth check before and after entering the fort. The first is at a -10 penalty since you didn't even know there was a monster, and you weren't trying.
Diarmadhim, were those visible or invisible arcane marks?
Aericsteele, what is you free time schedule like? I hope you don't mind me pushing the game along. Do you mind me taking control of your character temporarily?

Hand of Fate Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 7, 11 (2 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2015 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 85

Archival stays as still as possible while on the wagon and follows the directions completely. Caelum files into the fort behind them while on Midnight. Archival's eyes go wide when he gets a look at the beast.

Out of Character: Caelum had previously been riding ahead scouting. He had taken a 10 and his check was 10 + 15 = 25. Would that be enough to reduce the penalty to our checks? If he saw something, he would alert me via our mental link and I would warn the others. I didn't add in the penalty since you might adjust it (So you can apply whatever negative you want) biggrin.gif

They would probably be invisible but in an easily seen spot. Detect Magic will cause it to glow and be visible while Read Magic will reveal the words (It's a symbol).

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 6th Jul, 2015 - 2:52pm

7th Jul, 2015 - 1:57am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 85

Ignoble says...

Mykael thanks Yolanda for her offers but must decline any goods as he doesn't have enough gold to pay for much of anything that would be of use. Mykael takes his seat on the wagon when Vekkel offers and spends most of the trip sharpening his sword and shield, once again doing an inventory of his gear and equipment and engaging in small talk with his travelling companion,

When they arrive at the inn Mykael thanks Archival for covering the costs of the stay and hauls his gear up to the room, securing it as best he can and locking the door behind him as he returns to the common area to order an ale and relax offering a seat and a drink to his companions if they happen by.

At the fort Mykael follows the instructions given to him trying to stay low and quite the sight of the beast makes his heart flutter and thump in his chest and the adrenaline begins to pump through his veins, he steadies his breathing as he had been taught to do and begins to visualize how he will react to different situations. "You must think several steps ahead before entering combat" He hears his father telling him "It must be muscle memory if this happens, I will do thus, but if this happens I will react this way. Your mind cannot be busy with these things in the midst of combat."

Out of Character: Sorry about the delay, it was a busy weekend and then work hit hard today so I haven't had much of an opportunity to do much here; if that happens in the future feel free to move the story forward and take control of my character as needed. Most of the time I am able to do something once per day if not every other day, but this weekend was a full schedule for me.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Stealth before on D20 (-10): -4 (1 roll)
  • Stealth after on D20 (+0): 18 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.