ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 88 of 105

During dinner listens to Oleg's complaints - Page 88 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jul, 2015 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
13th Jul, 2015 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 88

Ignoble says...

Mykael nods to Kesten, “The pleasure is ours sir; I’d be honored if you would join us for a drink or two” he says and then asks Oleg about any ale or other hard drinks that he may have available “Time on the road makes me thirsty” he laughs “and a little ale in my belly helps me sleep.” He offers to pay for Vekkel, Archival and Caelum as well, takes a seat and engages in some small talk before asking Kestel more about his fugitive.

“What can you tell us about Sneeg? What does he look like? Is he heavily armed; known for his skills in combat?” Mykael tries to gather as much information about the bandit as possible in the hopes that he and his comrades will come across him in their travels.

“Are there any maps available of what has been explored so far?” Mykael asks Oleg. “We could begin exploration of areas that have yet to be mapped out” he suggests to Archival as he looks over the notices.

“Perhaps in doing so we may happen across this Falgrim Sneeg character or that Tuskgutter thing.”

Again, in these more rugged surroundings Mykael feels comfortable and at home especially with the hardened Kestel who reminds him of the men he worked with as a guard. Drinking freely he laughs boisterously on occasion and regales his comrades with “war stories” from his time as a guard in Restov and his training sessions with his father.

“One time, when I was eight, my father takes me to the guard barracks and introduces me to some of the other guards that he worked with; tells me we’re going to do some tranin” Mykael he speaks as if he is recalling a memory of a happy time in his life, a gleam in his eye “So I get to spar with this guy who is like twice my size. That man knocked me around something fierce for like an hour, but I got one good hit in on him at the end I heard my father whoop and yell, darn Geoff that’s a kill! I stopped and smiled ear to ear only to have my dad punch me so hard in the face, Layed me out flat! The fight ain't over till you’re boasting about it at the tavern! He screams. Pay attention! I look up and there’s a sword just inches from my eye.”

Mykael shakes his head and chuckles “My mother chewed my father’s ass so bad that night when I got home sporting a huge shiner, but I learned that lesson real quick I tell you what. From then on…” Mykael raises his mug up “as my father used to say, stay alert and you stay alive”

*Mykael will hand over five silver pieces to Oleg and ask for a room for the night.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jul, 2015 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Kesten motions for you to bring up the ale and join him on the wall with Archival. "Apart from what I just quoted from the poster, I can add that he's an older man with hair starting to gray. But don't underestimate him. He is, in fact a mercenary and a veteran, you guessed right Mykael. He is unnervingly calm in combat. It's like a quirk of his."
"His Varisian complexion should stand out enough. Not many olive skinned people this far north or east."

Kesten comes down and gets the most recent map from the storehouse. He lays it out flat on the table and begins explaining what you see. Source 3j

"The immediate surrounds are already explored. The explorers headed West after we drew this map, so I assume they did that area already. If you're up to it, you could explore directly to the south a day's ride away. It will be slow going with just a single horse though.
"Also, the explorers already out there have the only mapmaker's kit with the sextant and compass. You could only act as a scout now, before returning there to properly map the terrain."

Oleg pipes up from below, "I've been having trouble with field mice lately. These mice have grown fat off the land and my previous misfortune and they are the frigging size of a chicken! I patched up the holes in the wall and filled in their burrows, but it's only a temporary solution. I would really appreciate if someone could go out around the fort and put an end to them."

Kesten enjoys the anecdote, Oleg not so much. "Your father must have been a tough but fair parent. It's good that you started early. I'm glad to have met you."

Out of Character: Mykael can use Diplomacy, at +3 for Kesten and -2 for Oleg.

14th Jul, 2015 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

Ugh pest extermination? Mykael thinks trying not to let his displeasure show at Olegs suggestion of hunting mice. On the other hand Mykael does not want to appear rude to the proprietor of the outpost. Though he manages a smile he tugs at the collar of his armor and shifts in his seat slightly. Mykael peers down at Oleg and raises his mug to him “As these pests are causing my host discomfort I will gladly do what I can to rid you of this nuisance” with that he drains the last of the ale from his mug.

“This fugitive sounds like a worthy challenge” Mykael returns to speaking with Kestel “I look forward to potentially locking blades with him in the future.”

Mykael kicks himself mentally for not thinking to look into obtaining a map makers kit, though he is not entirely certain that he would be proficient with its use anyway. Perhaps Caelum or Archival would be able to use it effectively if they came across one?
*In the morning, after Mykael wakes up, readies himself and has breakfast, he will gather his gear and his weapons and walk the perimeter of the fort with his short bow, arrow knocked, looking for the oversized mice that Oleg complained about.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Diplomacy Kestel on D20 (+5): 12 (1 roll)
  • Diplomacy Oleg on D20 (+0): 3 (1 roll)

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2015 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Page 88 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Upon being invited to have a drink, Archival decides not to go to bed. "Thank you for the invitation. I appreciate it and would be remiss to turn it down. I gladly accept."

Archival nurses his drink and leans against the battlement, quietly listening to Mykael and his sudden relaxed nature. He grins when appropriate but becomes somewhat withdrawn when talk of family is brought up.

Following Kesten, Archival studies the map and contacts Caelum to join them. Upon seeing the map, Caelum asks "What do those dots signify? Also, do trade convoys ever make their way through this area? If so, how often do they visit? It would probably be a good idea for us to purchase a backup in case anything happens to the original. Mykael, if you want I am sure we could assist you in scouting the areas to the south. You have seen my lord's magical prowess on display already, so you should have no trouble with most threats. I'm quite handy when it comes to spotting threats and hidden things as well."

"That sounds splendid," Archival remarks, apparently snapping out of whatever funk he was in. "What do you say we assist Oleg with his pest problem and then set off in search of adventure afterward? It would not do to have the hand that feeds us have his stores stolen by overgrown mice."

With that, Caelum and Archival excuse themselves and head to bed. The next day they wake up, eat breakfast, and gather their gear to join Mykael in hunting down Oleg's cause for annoyance.

Out of Character: The colored in area has been explored? What does each color signify on the map? My guess (I read a few maps while in the Navy and Army) is the light green signifies plains, the middle green is hills, and the darker green is woodland - am I correct? What are the dots?

15th Jul, 2015 - 7:28am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Mykael's anecdote keeps Kesten friendly for a short time, but has no lasting effect, though, he remains deferent to Archival. Oleg remains indifferent to both of you.

The night passes without incident, and the wind calms some time after midnight.

Toilday 23 Gozran

The morning is lightly cloudy as you exit the guest house. The smell of eggs and fresh bread wafts from the two long benches. Apart from the people you already met there sit two guards, Tarak and Maerrun, and Oleg's wife, Svetlana.

Out of Character: Aericsteele, are you happy to go with Diarmadhim's suggestion and use the rule for Earning XP in the Downtime chapter of Ultimate Campaign?

The dots signify significant sites, be they battles (Red) or landmarks: natural (Brown) or man made (Black). A few of them are explained in the linked post. You can read the post if you wish, it concerns things your characters will be able to find out. The shades of green you said are correct.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 15th Jul, 2015 - 7:37am

16th Jul, 2015 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

Ignoble says...

Out of Character: I'm good with Diarmadhim's suggestion on XP. Just a heads up as well, I may not be able to post again until tomorrow. I have to go out of town for work and will not get back until late in the evening.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jul, 2015 - 5:09am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 88

Game Master says...

Kesten answers the other questions at the breakfast table, after thinking about them all night. "I only saw 1 trader pass through here, apart from Vekkel, in the month Desnus while there were still bandits about in the area. But this month, we have maybe two a week. Most of them stop here for a night. The bandit's trials in Restov must have boosted confidence."

"Let me draw up another map today. It should be ready when you return for dinner."

Heading out of the fort, you search around for just ten minutes before you see a trail that leads away. The trail ends in a burrow from which emerge large squeaking mice, running along other trails to other burrows. You manage to kill a few, but there are always ones that escape to other burrows. Before long, the sun is low in the sky and you have to return for dinner.

A hot stew of quality and exotic ingredients is served, and again everyone sits to eat. Oleg talks, mostly complaining about city life.

Out of Character: So you gain XP for an encounter of your level. Gain 400 XP each!

17th Jul, 2015 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 88

Ignoble says...

During dinner listens to Oleg's complaints about city life nodding and laughs at any jokes Oleg tells to assure Oleg that he is listening to him. He will discuss plans for the morning with Archival and Caelum, suggesting that they go ahead and conduct some scouting south of the post. He also asks about where he might obtain a map makers kit.

Mykael sits next to Archival at dinner and leans in to speak in a hushed tone "I am going to need to find some sort of work that pays soon though" He pats his coin purse "I have enough to last for a little while but the coin purse is going to dry up pretty quick. I didn't even think to make sure I had a map makers kit...I don't always think everything through. What are your thoughts?"

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.