ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 89 of 105

You try to intercept the other group as they - Page 89 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2015 - 4:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 105 pgs.  85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2015 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 89

"Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated," Archival thanks Kesten when the offer to draw another map is made.

Archival summons ten celestial vipers and sends them down the burrows after the cornered prey.

When Oleg complains about city life, Archival chimes in, "Yes, the city did seem a bit... Overactive, I suppose is an apt term."

"I agree Mykael, scouting south of the post might offer an exciting change of pace." Leaning in conspiratorially, Archival continues, "I did not think of a map maker's kit either. I am quite green when it comes to this sort of thing. I too am running short on funds. That being said, I can cover your lodging until we find some paying work."

Out of Character: Caelum will take 10 on all Perception checks while we explore (20 if allowed). That will allow him to meet a 25 DC on the take 10 (And 35 DC on take 20).

Sponsored Links:
19th Jul, 2015 - 5:46am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

The problem with hunting the mice is that they don't get cornered. While the vipers are very efficient killers, the mice just dig new tunnels and escape to other burrows. That said, you did make quite a dent in their population, and destroying the burrows will help too.

Back in the fort Oleg offers, "Oh, no problem there. I have a spare in stock and Vekkel can bring more from the city in just a week. A flat slate with grid and colored chalk, it should cost just 10 gold. However a precise sextant would cost 500 gold. The other explorers have both of those. A spyglass as well will be 1000 gold."

Wealday 24 Gozran

The grassy plains are just that, plain, and the overhead clouds do not enhance the picture. 12 miles away to the southwest lies an immense forest and 20 to 30 miles to the southeast the earth rises into rolling hills. Your targeted unexplored area in between lies 24 miles south, in the hills.

Out of Character: It soon becomes evident that Mykael slows the group the most due to his armor weighing him down. At a move speed of 20 feet, you could cover the distance to the hills in 16 hours, then spend about 3 days exploring in detail.

So, are you planning to spend up to 5 days away, or just explore around for a day?

On Perception I can't allow a take 20, because I think that not noticing an enemy does count as a penalty for failing. Mykael can also roll perception.

I also noticed that Mykael doesn't have the trait bonus added to his touch AC. Rules as written, I think it applies.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 19th Jul, 2015 - 1:57pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2015 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: I'm willing to spend as much time exploring as Mykael wants to. We don't need to worry about food and water because with Caelum taking a 10 on Survival checks he can provide for all of us (Due to his +4 with it).

20th Jul, 2015 - 6:54am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 89 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Scavenging the plains for food, you do find a few of the large mice to hunt but it takes slightly more of your time. You also get distracted by looking for landmarks you expect and recording a list of more landmarks. You've covered only 8 or 9 miles Instead of your expected 12.

Oathday 25 Gozran

Another overcast day keeps you cool as you continue to travel south and explore a little.

As the day approaches midday and you dismount and settle for a lunch of roast mouse, Caelum spots movement deep in the forest to the west. It becomes clear that the movement is heading north, and as the trees thin and become more sparse, he notices the vague figures a man on a horse and a walking man. They are 4 miles to your west and covering ground at a quick pace. You're unsure if you can catch up, but if they are heading to Oleg's you could Forced March or Hustle for 4 hours to arrive back where you started.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2015 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

"... I wonder why those people seem to be in such a hurry. Would you care to find out, Mykael?"

20th Jul, 2015 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

“Absolutely” Mykael responds as he wipes the sweat from his brow. The armor was really weighing him down and slowing down the party. He tried his best to keep pace with the less encumbered members of the party, but despite being physically fit Mykael found it difficult to maintain that sort of pace for any extended length of time.

“I apologize for flowing everyone down” he says “but if we hurry maybe we can intercept them, they may have some useful information.”

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2015 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 89

Dismounting, Archival hands Midnight's reins to Mykael and states, “Here, you should ride her for now. Worry not, Midnight is combat trained. I summon creatures to do my fighting for me. If potential conflict is in our future, I would prefer to have you not exhausted. Apologies are not necessary," Archival replies with a smile.

22nd Jul, 2015 - 4:24am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 89

Game Master says...

You try to intercept the other group as they cross the plains ahead of you. With Midnight carrying Mykael, you are faster, but do not catch up all the way. They do not seem to look back as you advance upon them, focusing on their destination.

They do indeed enter Oleg's trading post, and the first person to spot you is actually Tarak standing on the wall, welcoming you inside as he unbars the gates.

You can now post in the main game tread at Source 5p

Out of Character: I hope that prologue wasn't too long and that it was actually a natural transition into the main party.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.