ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 10 of 105

Out of character: Well I normally just strap - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Aug, 2013 - 6:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 105 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
8th Aug, 2013 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 10

Shivas thinking better of leaving she pay's Caroline for the meal and the room and decides to retire to her room so she can get a jump start on the morning to rise early and hopefully get as close as she can to Oleg's trading post as she can.

Shivas cleans herself with a cloth and some water as best she can giggling at her memory of Caroline's offer. Shivas lays down to try to sleep and begins to wonder how Gallian fares hoping the wanted man continues to evade capture and death. She says a prayer to Sarenrae for her friend. Slowly sleep finds her.

In the morning she prepares her spells, braids her hair to keep it from her face and, eats some of the bread and jam she received from Abadarnik the innkeep and his wife. Thinking about the kind couple Shivas says a prayer for them. After gathering her things, she sets off to get her horse and get back on the road.

Out of Character: :Spells
Level 0 Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1 Abundant Ammunition, Sanctuary
Altogether for horse meal and room 3gp and 5sp taken right?

Reconcile Edited: Canabusis on 8th Aug, 2013 - 6:59am

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2013 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

Anoki
The shopkeeper treats you with a mixture of disgust and curiosity. "Ugliest gnome I've ever seen, wait, or are you a goblin? Strange for a goblin to be walking around in broad daylight, in armor no less. You're not a captive are you, girl?"

"No, don't be silly!" Alisha responds.

The shopkeeper relents his questioning, getting to business. "Well you don't look like you're robbing me, so I can offer you all you want, except I don't have clothing simpler than a traveler's garb." He begins to pull off items off the shelves and strings, naming each one and telling you its price.

"Traveler's Outfit, 1 gp
50 foot rope, hempen, not silk, 1 gp
2 fishing nets, 5 foot squares, each 4 gp
A blanket, 5 sp
2 torches, 1 cp each
"For shelter I strongly suggest not letting the cold winds take away your heat. You certainly want to close up and keep the warmth. Both of you little ones will fit in a single Small Tent costing 10gp.
"Digging holes, well, you got a shovel, weighing about 8 pounds for 2 gold, or a folding trench tool with a pick, 12 lb for 10 gp. Also got magic which I doubt you could afford."

Out of Character: The 2 am story sounds familiar, ah, the things we do for the game. Yes, you rolled 190 and cavaliers start with the same cash as fighters, just subtract accordingly. Post if there are any items on the list you don't want or want to change, and I'll post the details in the character thread.

Canabusis
The inn is still and quiet during the night, no other customers enter. The next morning Caroline and Boyad both thank you for your patronage as you leave, despite skipping breakfast. You get the sense that your horse is happy this morning, after being well fed and groomed to a shiny coat. The stableman says "You'd better watch yourself on the road south. You're leaving Brevoy's care. Also it's muddy from the melted snow, and the wolves do like to come out in the warmth."

Looking around, you do notice the long grass starting to rise again. Patches of green are far outnumbered by the yellow and brown grass that did not survive the winter. But the sun promises to restore life soon enough, unobstructed by clouds.

Out of Character: If you continue onward, can I get a Perception check? Consider Abadarnik's supplies 5 days rations, and subtract 1 for this day at nightfall (It's simpler to not split it into 3 meals).

8th Aug, 2013 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Shivas being warned about the wolves on the road keeps her eyes open and listening for any signs of them. Riding slower then she wanted to because of the mud, she knows this could be a long day alone on the road.

Out of Character: : Perception roll 15 + 3 = 18
Ride Roll 16 -1 = 15
I got my dice last night *Smiles*

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2013 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
A Friend

Page 10 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Theaton will take all the loot and take it onboard the boat. He will make sure to split the coins with the half orc and elf. He will allow them to take what they want of the loot. Theaton will also check to see if any of his arrows are salvageable.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2013 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Out of character: I have spent 83.3gp on starting equipment (Rounding copper off to the nearest silver). This leaves me with 106.7gp before my next purchase. Also when Alisha changes into her new clothing I wish to keep her old rags, they may be useful.

Kuj lowers his head somewhat ashamed "I know, I know, I am an ugly person, but at the very least I am a paying customer who will be out of your hair in no time."
Watching patiently he sees the shopkeeper rush around and grab the requested items, satisfied with the outcome he smiles politely and further explains himself, "I will take everything you have here but I will take the shovel instead of the trench digger and I will also take your word on the tent. So, how much do I owe ya'?" He asked while reaching for his coin purse.

After paying for the gear he will ask the shopkeeper the following questions:
"Do you know where to buy any bottles of high percent alcohol?"
"You see, we are headed to the Greenbelt region, do you happen to know of the area? Any tips or advice we should know about before departing?"

Reconcile Edited: Anoki on 8th Aug, 2013 - 9:50pm

9th Aug, 2013 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Master says...

Canabusis
The going is tough, but Shivas' horse pulls through with a newfound energy. The sight of an uncommon cabin surrounded by farm gives way to the untamed view of long grass, sparse trees and wild patches of bushes or budding flowers.

As she crests a particularly high hill, through the tall grass she spots a pack of wolves 250 feet away. They are gathered tightly and seem to be squabbling over something small. Two of the six, however, seem to spot the tiny change in the landscape, and detach from the pack, prowling slowly and sneakily towards you, attempting a flank. They do not know you've already seen them.

Out of Character: Out of "Action mode" You don't really need a Ride check. Read the Ride skill for specific situations that need it. Depending on what happens, you may need multiple checks a round. Also, not having a saddle would give you a -5 penalty, but I'm deciding to give you a free 'Saddle, Riding' as part of the Pioneer trait. Additionally, please read the Handle Animal skill and select 6 free Tricks (Or a General Purpose) of your choice that you taught your horse beforehand. Any questions please redirect to the Questions thread, and please post your choices in the Character thread.
Also, I'm curious as to what colour dice you picked?

KNtoran
Despite all the loot, the barge's profile in the water seems unchanged. Theaton also struggles to pull out arrows from his targets and breaks them all, but salvages the one which was the first arrow that scraped armor. The crew clamber out and bring the dead horses aboard. Then everyone assists in slowly and carefully lifting Val and moving him onto his bedroll on board. The captain shrieks at the sight of his body and closes himself in his cabin, where you hear sobbing and muttering for the next two hours. Also, the last horse finally calms down from exhaustion and is winched on board with ropes and bandaged.

When Theaton offers loot, the elf refuses, saying, "That is beneath me." The half-orc shakes his head, pointing at Val. "Insurance payoff," He says simply, "Like in the guild." It surprises you that he sounds rather intelligent, and he's also so open after so long. Theaton thinks to himself that maybe being near death changes much.

The crew agree that they should have 3 more hours effective travel if they summon mounts, leave now and really push through the swollen, fast river.

At about that time, the slow rustle of leaves is heard from where a crossbowman lies. A weak shout, "So, what, you're just going to leave a stripped man to die out here? Get me out of these blasted ropes. Gimme a chance, like the chance we gave you to hand over your gold. We didn't want to kill anyone!"

Anoki
The merchant adds a full waterskin to the bundle Tuj asks for and leaves his purse 23.52 gold pieces lighter, yet the load on your collective backs 61 pounds heavier. With no pack, Alisha can only carry her blanket and rags, relieving you of 15 pounds.

"If you want good grog, any taphouse will have a bottle or three. If you wan to risk it, the alchemist three shops south claims he has a goop that's 180 proof! Hah, the nerve!

"Greenbelt? Is that in the Stolen Lands? All I hear is to avoid it, and my sources are expert trappers and the like."

Out of Character: Please read my out of character attached to Canabusis above, as it applies to Tuj's dog as well. However he also gets spiffy Druid Companion stuff, so can you post up just Jaro's stats modified with the -2 Strength and it's effects, as well as the Druid bonuses and tricks in the Character thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Aug, 2013 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 10

Shivas knows that the wolves will eventually outrun her even on horse back, so running isn't an option. She slowly and as quietly as she can backs up so she is not visible to the remaining four wolves still distracted.

She backs up so as to get the best view and placement in her environment for her attack of the two wolves coming to flank her, she dismounts Brute saying a silent prayer to Sarenrae that she will help protect and guide Shivas and Brute in their unwanted battle with the wolves.

Shivas commands Brute, her majestic light brown horse with white socks and the tiniest white streak on his head between his eyes. "Guard Brute" She follows up with drawing her long bow and knocking an arrow. She watches carefully for one of the wolves to come into sight. If one or both of the wolves makes it to her she will instruct Brute to attack.

Her plan is to try and take out the two wolves that have already noticed her before the others are alerted to her existence, praying that the other four will stay unaware of her at the very least until she can even the odds against her and her long time friend and companion Brute.

As she play's out her plan in her mind she struggles to keep her racing heart calm by taking deep breaths. Shivas hopes to be able to shoot the first two wolves with her bow and hopefully but not likely silently. If one or both should reach her she will draw her Scimitar for close combat. Fearing that if she does not take the first two down quickly and in silence it will most assuredly alert the others.

Out of Character: : I hope I chose the best possible plan for this scenario. Initiative 10
(Didn't know if I needed to roll for int. But thought best if I did just in case.)
Attack Rolls 5, 20 natural x3, 11, 4, 1, 12
All unmodified wasn't sure how many shots I would get before the wolves where on me. Wasn't sure if there are any modifications to attack rolls?
Damage 5-1=4, 7-1=6, 4-1=3, 7-1=6, 6-1=5, 8-1=7
Perception 9+3=12, 12+3=15, 10+3=13 (Just in case)
Horse Attack 9, 9, 1, 3, 14, 9
(I know I instructed it to guard but he will defend himself if need be, I didn't want him to charge a wolf under command of attack but let them come to us.)
Don't know how to roll for horse damage.

Don't know if I covered rolls for this scenario, but I made my best effort. Sorry my post is a book, but I wanted to really be descriptive and thorough.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2013 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

Out of character: Well I normally just strap all of my items to my mount, a normal dog of equal size can carry 300 pounds can't he? I do not ride Jaro, he just transports gear and fights with me. If you think this is too heavy for my mount than I will buy Alisha a pack for her to carry these items, or whatever her comfortable weight is, and I'll take the rest. [..]

"Well you see" He notes to the shop keeper "I have official business to tend to the overflow of banditry in these so called Stolen Lands. I will be killed if I do not report to duty, if you have no helpful suggestions than be kind as to point me in the right direction of someone who better knows the area."

After the shop keepers response he will head to a tap house to buy a few bottles of anything strong enough to feed a flame, and then to gather information from any of the shopkeep's leads.

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.