ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 100 of 105

Kyra nods, relieved that she had not brought - Page 100 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jan, 2017 - 6:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 105 pgs.  96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104  ...Latest (105) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue
3rd Jan, 2017 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 100

Game Master says...

The other priests watching intently suddenly burst out arguing amongst each other or shouting slogans of their faith. Anarrow quiets them with a raised hand and says, "That is why I am glad you Sarenites could be here; a voice for good among so many dissenting opinions.

"How long would you have the period be? Is the lack of atonement to serve as punishment? If the probation is just to view his behaviour and ensure he is truly sorry, then he has been imprisoned for over a month with no incidents and he speaks the truth as best our spells and lawyers can determine."

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2017 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

"The consideration is more towards service to the community and those most in need," Kyra says after a shake of her head to Anarrow's question. She continues, "That by his deeds and service, not only the truthfulness of his words or remorse, is atonement given."

Considering she says, "Perhaps a few months, or whenever the one watching over him see it time to allow the atonement." The length was not so much the important detail in the how and why Kyra felt but perhaps others could offer greater insight.

The young woman offers this is a thought, with brief hesitation as she may be reading more in what was said then intended, saying, "His actions I feel were not from any darkness or evil within, but perhaps in part a lack of judgement and allowing his anger to control him."

Looking to all those before her, Kyra asks, "What is better, to wait and see to him not fall again or to give atonement and risk seeing him make similiar mistakes?" The young woman looks down to the cat by her said, hoping that she had explained herself clearly.

Out of Character: My consideration is something of a middle ground. To not deal out severe punishment or outright death, while also not providing atonement to the the fallen paladin without effort on his part or some way of offering restitution for his actions. The idea being a punishment in service, in his actions, that earns the atonement.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Jan, 2017 - 12:56pm

4th Jan, 2017 - 11:36am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Hegin steps forward, "That is a good assessment and I think I know the perfect penance. It's a bit of an ironic punishment actually.

"There is a frontier village, Freehold, three days away by horse, located southwest of here. They are truly a community with great needs, being a budding settlement. I happen to know the leadership there need a good diplomat. Akiros is certainly smart and interpersonal enough to excel at that role. By doing this duty he is sowing peace across the lands he once helped terrorise. Fitting isn't it?"

The other priests nod and mutter to themselves in agreement. The Abadarans still talk about retrieving the contract Rosilla signed, but agree that they can take it to the new settlement and complete their work there.

Anarrow says curtly "Well, I expected to have to atone a man within a few days of this conference. But this judgement is fair and I am patient. I will return to New Stetven and my regular duties. Hegin knows where and how to contact me. I hope to see you after a successful… Let's call it a quarantine. Just don't go converting him over to your goddess. We need more of a presence than ever in this region."

Hegin says, "I will go there with you, just to ensure everything is done properly. We have the extradition papers all ready, I have been organising this all for over a month. Meet me tomorrow at dawn at the government offices east of the town square. We'll take Akiros out of custody and I'll lead you to the settlement."

Out of Character: Ahaha Looks like there's competition for your desired role!

If you want to talk to the other priests or do anything else in town, now's the time. The main game may experience delays.

4th Jan, 2017 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 100 Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

The Diplomat says...

Kyra nods at the decision, realizing that the meeting seemed to now be over. She was not so pleased to hear the word quarantine used to describe the decision made though the rest appeared well enough in order.

Looking to Hegin, she says to the priest, "Serving those he once harassed does seem like that which could be most beneficial, especially since it would allow him to make amends to those he had harmed." Kyra did have a small worry that those in Freehold might not treat Akiros well given his former banditry.

Kyra was a bit concerned with how curt Anarrow had been, and wondered if her words had disappointed the more experienced paladin. Wanting a moment of the First Sword Knight time before she left, the young woman says quietly, "My apologies. You had come expecting to give atonement and my input has caused for this to be delayed."

"I have no plans for such, but it would be his decision," Came the reply to the request not to convert Akiros to the Goddess' Light." With a moment of hesitation, she continues with the question, "You say my judgment is fair, though I wonder if you feel the decision was correct."

Though Anarrow was of a different faith, and her path was not the same as hers though both were paladins, Kyra did trust the woman could offer some insight as she explains, "I freely gave my thoughts in the trail and what gave I felt was true, I did notice you seemed perhaps displeased with the final decision. May I ask why?"

Kyra Results:
  • Sense Motive on D20 (+4): 12 (1 roll)

6th Jan, 2017 - 8:09am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Prologue Pathfinder Path Adventure Kingmaker ICon

Game Master says...

"Worry not," Anarrow replies. "I would prefer to delay than a wrong decision being made. It can always wait for another day. I am just concerned that if we put it off for too long, he may never return to his original path. I didn't doubt Hegin for a second, thinking that Akiros wouldn't fall from paladin status again, but it's possible. At the same time the troops I send to the Worldwound are reducing in quality. Another paladin would have been a shining beacon among the mercenaries and other undesirables. It was too hard for me to come to a final decision."

"If I seemed displeased, that's only because I'm always terse and speak my honest thoughts."

6th Jan, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

The Diplomat says...

"Thank you," Kyra said with a grateful bow of her head, before admitting with a smile as she looked a bit sheepish, "That was the first time I had ever spoke among my peers and betters like that, I was quite nervous." Still, much to the chosen one's relief it did seem to have gone quite well.

Looking to Aril, she continues saying. "I am just glad to have such a dear friend to give me strength and advice." Considering Anarrow's words she continues, "I could see if I can speak with Akiros if you allow, explain the decision make and hope that he might understand."

"I wanted to make sure," Kyra offers with a certain warm tone, before adding a bit embarrassed, "As your expression did leave me uncertain and I would not wish to upset one such as yourself." Again, her respect for Anarrow showing through in her words. Still the conversation would have also revealed other things.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Jan, 2017 - 10:51pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue - Page 100

Game Master says...

"No offence taken," Anarrow replies. "There is little in this world that would still faze me and you are not under my jurisdiction so I will treat you as equal."

"I can arrange for a meeting today," Hegin offers.

"I would also like to meet him before I leave," Anarrow adds.

With that, the gnome takes you out the front doors, south through the busy town square, and two blocks east to a blockish, fort-like building flying the flags of Brevoy's two-headed dragon and Restov's seal, a regal S above a river crossed with a duelling sword. The guards let you three through the portcullis and Hegin leads to the right and downstairs into the dungeon, guard in tow.

The only man down here is an older gentleman with long grey hair and a short, but scraggly beard. His face is pale and has a scar over his right eye. His prison clothes are worn but clean and he looks quite muscly and serious. He looks up at his visitors, his eyes gravitate immediately to Anarrow's pauldron and the symbol of rank on it.

"That's it, then," he says in a deep voice. "It's over."

Hegin becomes excited again, "No, not at all! It's only just beginning! Akiros, please meet First Sword Knight Anarrow and Kyra of Katapesh, paladin of Sarenrae."

He approaches the bars of the dungeon and bows to both of you.

8th Jan, 2017 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #
Kyra
OathB Chosen One lvl 6
Character
Follower / Center
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 100

The Diplomat says...

Kyra nods, relieved that she had not brought upset to Anarrow my her words and even offering a small smile. Though she had skill with her words, confidence was not yet always certain for her. More, she was often worried of not only walking the path put before her, but worried of disappointing Aril or her Goddess.

"Greetings," she says simply at first, waiting for introductions for go through so before saying anything more. Kyra considers the man, wondering if she might be able to speak with him on what had happened personally or if she should keep such questions to himself.

Looking to Anarrow, as if she was about to ask permission, Kyra says to the man, "You will live and not face continued imprisonment. In time, you will be given atonement as well, perhaps with this a chance to renew thy Oaths." She offers an encouraging smile to the man, hoping her words already would enlighten him and bring relief of worry.

The young paladin consider how best to explain everything, sensing her familiar nearby though she did not go looking for him. Kyra felt such might not be appropriate, though the sight of Aril would ease her concerns. Instead she looks to Hegin and Anarrow she asks, "Shall I tell him, or should I allow either of you?" Kyra had been planning on being the one to explain, though wanted to make sure before preceding into such.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jan, 2017 - 6:30pm

Kyra Results:
  • Diplomacy on D20 (+16): 26 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.