If Not Mormon What?

If Mormon What - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Sep, 2012 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
14th Apr, 2006 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

If Not Mormon What?

If Not Mormon What?

A. Consider all you know now, but for some reason the Church did not yet exist, which current Church / Religion would you find yourself being aligned to?

B. Regardless of what you know now or any truths, which Religion would appeal to you the most if there was no LDS Church?

Sponsored Links:
16th Apr, 2006 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

What Mormon If

My answer, I think, is the same for both questions: I'm very interested in the Nature religions, as in the Native Americans and so-called pagans. I think I wouldn't have just one to follow, but would combine what felt "right" to me from what I learned of each.

It's hard to know what one would do, knowing of what's already known.

14th May, 2006 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

If Not Mormon What? Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is hard to say really as one can never know what future choices they may make, however, and believe it or not I find some fundamental beliefs of Islam appealing. I like the strong morals and devotion it takes to be a true Muslim - this is not to be interpreted with being a terrorist.

At the same point my strong connection with Christ would cause me to seek Him out - something Islam just does not emphasize. Being that Christianity would be the forefront I might end up aligning with the World Wide Church of God or something similar that had a strong emphasis on last days prophecy.

15th May, 2006 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

What Mormon If

I would probably be Eastern Orthodox, due to the beautiful liturgy and artwork.

Of course, a lot would depend on what I was raised in.

15th May, 2006 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

What Mormon If

Interesting that you bring up the 'raised' aspect because most tend to stay with what their parents chose, however, this Thread is based on what you know now yet not having the LDS Church in existence.

On another note, initially my parents were Catholic, but I have the feeling I would question a lot of the ceremonial concepts and lack of doctrinal basis for a lot of what they do.

8th Aug, 2012 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

If Not Mormon What?

I don't know if I could be anything else or belong to anything else but one thing is for sure, I will be Christian, I won't make a 180 degree turn and follow Buddhism, Islam or Hinduism.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2012 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

If Not Mormon What?
A Friend

If Mormon What

If I had not found the LDS Church in 1973, and if not on the Earth Today, I doubt I would be in any Church today. Sometime prior to finding the Church, I had pulled away from all Churches, being raised Presbyterian, because my Aunt was kind enough to take me to Church with my cousins.

Prior to High School graduation and joining the Air Force in the late 60s, I stopped attending the Presbyterian Church, felt that God was not really there, felt there was something lacking from what I read in Scripture, no real way to advance spiritually and be more Christ like.

After the Air Force, studied more, all Churches and and most Religions, none of them fit, but most had truths. Not long before I ran into the LDS Missionaries at the College I was attending. I had, lead by the Spirit, started to form my own beginnings of a Word of Wisdom and Moral Behavior Code.

Like others in History, I had realized that all of the churches around me, that I was aware of at that time, all had some truths, but were not the true one. Even today, my wife says I don't just think out side of the box, I am outside of the box. Maybe growing up more anti-social because of my great Empathic sensitivity, and unknowingly ADD, I was like the Scripture parable, about the new and old wine skins. Even today, I do things and handle my callings, because I love God, not because some leader wants me to. I find the whole Mormon Experience of social activities and reading Mormon books by Mormon authors, a bit too much. I prefer my relationship and direct revelation from God via the Spirit. Often I receive revelation and light to things most I know, don't even comprehend or think of, and often receive things, only to have them show up in General Conference talks in 6 to 12 months.

I enjoy Church, and often go to Church, to proselyte Scriptural truths to members, who seem half asleep. It was more so decades ago, but happily today, more and more members are in sync with the way I think and see things.

I have always preferred Jewish/Hebrew ideas, mixed with Asian ideas, growing up with the Bible and growing up around Japanese in our area, then spending a tour in Taiwan Formosa in the late 60s, in the military.

I guess like others in History, I was ready to wait for the True Church and join none, until the Lord revealed it, if ever in my life time.

David

Reconcile Edited: DavidLJ on 9th Aug, 2012 - 12:20am

24th Sep, 2012 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

If Mormon What Mormon Doctrine Studies

I don't think I would choose to be anything in particular. Maybe just an onlooker, some people like to refer to that as a fence sitter or being agnostic.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: If Not Mormon What?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,