Gay Men Cannot Be Donors

Gay Men Donors - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Apr, 2006 - 6:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2006 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Men Cannot Be Donors

GAY MEN 'NOT FIT TO BE DONORS'

Despite a sperm donor shortage, gay men are being barred from donating in New Zealand.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3546828a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 9:31am / Post ID: #

Gay Men Cannot Be Donors
A Friend

Donors Cannot Men Gay

Being that gay men are not actually using their sperm for anything productive, why not let them donate to a sperm bank? Unless you believe that being gay is genetic, then its not going to create more gay people or even harm anyone. As long as its tested and has not diseases, as all donors should be tested, then I see no problems at all in letting any healthy male donate. I hate to see it, but it looks like this is discrimination on basis of sexual orientation, pure and simple.

24th Apr, 2006 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Gay Men Cannot Be Donors Health & Special Psychology

I am not in favor of homosexuality, but I know better than to discriminate against a gay man from being a sperm donor. Homosexuality has not been proven to be genetic, so gays donating sperm will not somehow skew the number of future homosexuals.

Though all sperm was screened for HIV and other diseases, homosexual men were a higher risk group and were therefore excluded, along with intravenous drug users, Professor Hutton said.

This, I can see, as gay men are more subject to sexually transmitted diseases, but being higher risk should not be a factor for completely disallowing this person to donate. If anything, have the person tested, or the sperm tested to verify it is clean. The same that would be done for a straight man who can donate.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2006 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Gay Men Cannot Be Donors
A Friend

Donors Cannot Men Gay

I agree with you Male, in todays world of sexual activity among straight people, what benefit does screening gay men out give us? Unless you believe its genetic, then you can just as likely get aids or some other disease from a straight person as a gay person. I am struggling with the validity of the argument being made in this article.

> TOPIC: Gay Men Cannot Be Donors

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,