Cain And Abel Mormon Doctrine - Page 2 of 2

Name: Thebestsun Country: Comments: That is - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Apr, 2014 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Mormon Explanation LDS Interpretation of Cain And Abel
9th Apr, 2014 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Cain And Abel Mormon Doctrine - Page 2

Interesting story. Any possibility that was a dream [and not really an encounter with Cain?]

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2014 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine Mormon Abel Cain

At first I thought maybe, but then I thought of the two nights. The first one I was literally exhausted, I didn't do anything at all that day just laid on my bed trying to get back to sleep. The next night when I awoke in the morning I was completely rested and plenty of energy. I felt at peace and calm the remainder of the day. I have reflected back on this experience many times and last came to the conclusion that it happened. I felt the hand of the Lord as solid, just as solid as this keyboard I'm typing on.

I posted this else where but I also thought it was appropriate for this topic as well.

This is what the Scriptures along with an Apocryphal writing has to say about the death of Cain.

Jasher 2:26-35, "And Lamech was old and advanced in years, and his eyes were dim that he could not see, and Tubal Cain, his son, was leading him and it was one day that Lamech went into the field and Tubal Cain his son was with him, and whilst they were walking in the field, Cain the son of Adam advanced towards them; for Lamech was very old and could not see much, and Tubal Cain his son was very young. And Tubal Cain told his father to draw his bow, and with the arrows he smote Cain, who was yet far off, and he slew him, for he appeared to them to be an animal. And the arrows entered Cain's body although he was distant from them, and he fell to the ground and died. And the Lord requited Cain's evil according to his wickedness, which he had done to his brother Abel, according to the word of the Lord which he had spoken. And it came to pass when Cain had died, that Lamech and Tubal went to see the animal which they had slain, and they saw, and behold Cain their grandfather was fallen dead upon the earth. And Lamech was very much grieved at having done this, and in clapping his hands together he struck his son and caused his death. And the wives of Lamech heard what Lamech had done, and they sought to kill him. And the wives of Lamech hated him from that day, because he slew Cain and Tubal Cain, and the wives of Lamech separated from him, and would not hearken to him in those days. And Lamech came to his wives, and he pressed them to listen to him about this matter. And he said to his wives Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice O wives of Lamech, attend to my words, for now you have imagined and said that I slew a man with my wounds, and a child with my stripes for their having done no violence, but surely know that I am old and grey-headed, and that my eyes are heavy through age, and I did this thing unknowingly."

This is in accordance with what is taught in The Book of Moses, Moses 5:47-54, "And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah: Hear my voice, ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech; for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech shall be seventy and seven fold; For Lamech having entered into a covenant with Satan, after the manner of Cain, wherein he became Master Mahan, master of that great secret which was administered unto Cain by Satan; and Irad, the son of Enoch, having known their secret, began to reveal it unto the sons of Adam; Wherefore Lamech, being angry, slew him, not like unto Cain, his brother Abel, for the sake of getting gain, but he slew him for the oath's sake. For, from the days of Cain, there was a secret acombination, and their works were in the dark, and they knew every man his brother. Wherefore the Lord cursed Lamech, and his house, and all them that had covenanted with Satan; for they kept not the commandments of God, and it displeased God, and he ministered not unto them, and their works were abominations, and began to spread among all the sons of men. And it was among the sons of men. And among the daughters of men these things were not spoken, because that Lamech had spoken the secret unto his wives, and they rebelled against him, and declared these things abroad, and had not compassion; Wherefore Lamech was despised, and cast out, and came not among the sons of men, lest he should die."

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2014 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Cain And Abel Mormon Doctrine Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: KimB

Comments: An excerpt from Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 127-128

international QUOTE
"On the sad character Cain, an interesting story comes to us from Lycurgus A. Wilson's book on the life of David W. Patten. From the book I quote an extract from a letter by Abraham O. Smoot giving his recollection of David Patten's account of meeting "a very remarkable person who had represented himself as being Cain. "As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange personage walking beside me. His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight.

I just thought this was interesting. For all I've read on this subject I still couldn't say whether Cain is still "wandering the Earth" or not, although I lean toward "not"

14th Apr, 2014 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Doctrine Mormon Abel Cain

Cain is still wandering the Earth. He didn't die. In the Book of Genesis I think it says that he was cursed to walk the Earth forever.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2014 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine Mormon Abel Cain

Name: Visitor

Comments: Yes, I understand that he is still alive. He was cursed that he could not die. Even in his desperation he will attempt to take his own life to end his suffering, but will only suffer the pains of his attempts, and will not die. That was his curse, as I understand.

15th Apr, 2014 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Cain And Abel Mormon Doctrine

Well, do we have any scriptural proof that almost any one is dead? I mean really? Unless, the scriptures state that they were granted something else like translated etc, one has to conclude that Cain died at some point in time. If we accept the O.T. Then only those in the Ark survived. Noah in a very real sense was like a second Adam.

So where is Cain, well we know that he is a son of perdition. The next question is what will happen with them? Well, President Joseph Smith and Brigham Young had a lot to say about that. If they are in outer darkness, that means that the light of Christ is not there. The light of Christ upholds everything therefore, the sons of perdition will eventually cease to exist. Kind of becoming unorganized matter again. The early brethren use to compare it to a potter maker ? With clay, the scraps and those that did not pass quality control are thrown back into to pot and stirred and re-used again. Recycling I guess. After all there is no use for them again.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2014 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Cain Abel Mormon Doctrine - Page 2

As I researched a little more since I last posted in this thread I have to wonder where do we get the idea that Cain was cursed to be a vagabond FOREVER? Certainly the scripture doesn't make mention of that. It mentions he will be a vagabond on the earth but not forever.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2014 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Cain Abel Mormon Doctrine Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Name: Thebestsun

Comments: That is quite an interesting experience Zelph. I have had quite a few experiences while sleeping myself. It is my personal belief that when we sleep we are sort of in a different state where our spirits can interact with other spirits. Whether they be good or evil. Just because you are sleeping or dreaming it in no way takes away from the experience and makes it any less real. I've had many dreams where I was given information to be made to forget most of it upon waking. I keep paper and pin nearby so I can get up and write things down. I have found that its one of the ways I can remember things I otherwise wouldn't have if I had just gone back to sleep. I have received many revelations through dreams.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Cain And Abel Mormon Doctrine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,