Standing For The Anthem

Standing Anthem - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th Mar, 2006 - 2:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The directive, which was issued by the city's board of education to heads of public primary and secondary schools, says students should show respect for the Kimigao, a hymn to the emperor that means "his majesty's reign," and for the "rising sun" flag, the hinomaru.
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2006 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Standing For The Anthem

Japan cracks down on rebel pupils who refuse to sing

Tokyo's education authorities have ordered head teachers to make sure students stand to attention and sing the national anthem. The move follows a rash of protests by students and teachers since Japan made standing for the anthem compulsory in 1999 in an attempt to encourage patriotism.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article351538.ece

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2006 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Anthem The Standing

I believe a measure of respect must be shown for one's country, however, I do not believe one should be forced to sing. Often, the words of Anthem may have political statements that are not agreeable, but I do believe one can stand at least as a show of patriotism / respect, just not forced to sing.

> TOPIC: Standing For The Anthem

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,