A Gift I Cannot Use

A Gift Use - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 4:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th Jan, 2006 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

A Gift I Cannot Use

A Gift I Cannot Use

If someone left you a gift of a case of 1890 vintage wine before moving away to another area (never to see them again), what would you do with it? Try to sell it, empty it all in your sink while saying "this is the Devil's juice" or just stowe it away and try to forget about it?

Sponsored Links:
24th Jan, 2006 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Use I Gift A

I would give it away to someone who would appreciate it, with an explanation of how it came into my possession.

As far as I am concerned, valuable wines and other alcohol are just things that I don't use. They are NOT devil's juice or anything like that. We, as LDS, are forbidden their use and abuse. The stricture against their use does not apply to other people.

Besides that, wine is allowed in scripture. In fact, as far as I understand the Word of Wisdom, so is beer, as the WoW specifically talks about drinks made from barley. However, I do support the Church policy of forbidding these things since so many people can't avoid abusing them.

25th Jan, 2006 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

A Gift I Cannot Use Studies Doctrine Mormon

I would also give it away to someone who would enjoy it. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it, since it was given to me. Wine, in and of itself isn't evil.

25th Jan, 2006 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Use I Gift A

I would try to be as honest as possible. If I know I can get a good deal of money, then I would probably sell it to someone who is particularly interested in purchasing this kind of things, after all, I have no use for it and because it is so valuable I would not want to give it to someone who will later on sell it too. I do not know. I am not really sure what I would do.

27th Mar, 2006 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Use I Gift A

I definitely wouldn't pour it down the drain. I am not sure if I would try to sell it or simply give it away. It would probably depend upon how much exactly it was worth.

If it is thousands, I would probably try to sell it. I have to believe if someone left it to me, they realized I wasn't going to drink it, so I don't imagine they would have a problem with me selling it. Maybe they just didn't want to be bothered themselves. Again, I think it all depends upon exactly how expensive this bottle of wine really is.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2006 - 7:03am / Post ID: #

A Gift I Cannot Use
A Friend

A Gift I Cannot Use

There are other uses for good wine, not just drinking.
Try cooking; add some wine instead of water --> there will be no alcohol left, when its ready to be served.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2006 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

A Gift I Use

First of all, I think for someone to give me a case of expensive wine they would likely know me fairly well, but if they did they would also know that I don't drink, so they wouldn't have given it to me in the first place! Or I would not accept it, telling them that I do not drink. But maybe that's thinking to logically and escaping the true question here wink.gif .

I would probably stow it away and procrastinate making the decision of what to do with it. Then once it came down to it, I think I would talk to trusted friends and see what they think, and after that I honestly have no idea. It seems to me that giving wine to someone is kind of backwards if you don't drink it yourself, because it looks like you are condoning it, whether you say you are or not. Actions often speak louder than words. On the other hand dumping it down the drain does seem a waste. Maybe I would just try to forget about it, and hope that it gets accidently broken so I don't have to worry about it anymore!

1st May, 2006 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

A Gift I Use Mormon Doctrine Studies

I would stow it away as an investment. If it was convenient to do so, I would sell it. I would also give it away, if I knew someone who could appreciate good wine. I would NOT pour it down the sink. That seems a little fanatical. I'll bet I know some people who would, though.

> TOPIC: A Gift I Cannot Use

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,