A Good Addiction

A Good Addiction - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Mar, 2010 - 3:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Something to keep you busy so you do not think about your substance addicitions
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2006 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Good Addiction

A Good Addiction

Upgrade your Membership Source 3 and have a full list of features, RPGs, games and interaction to help keep you busy. It is much better than chewing gum or shaking your hands. Keep your mind in constructive purposes and your body will also follow. Begin today by using the Compare page to choose which Upgrade you are interested in and then make the equivalent Donation.

Note: This Thread originally started out as an advertisement for our Upgraded Membership in the Community / an encouragement to Donate in support of th work here. However it seems no one reads and it has turned out to be a Thread about past / current addictions.

A Good Addiction
A Good Addiction (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
21st Aug, 2009 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Good A

A good addiction could be a hobby you pick up to take your mind off of your negative addiction. Some good addictions would be starting to read, working on your car, drawing, writing, fixing things around the house, or practicing sports. It can be fun to find new hobbies you'd be interested in. Just enjoy yourself and take it as a new adventure in your life. Think of something you've always wanted to learn and go for it.

21st Aug, 2009 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

A Good Addiction Health & Special Psychology

Often addicts need something to substitute bad habits they are trying to break. In this case Latina is hinting to make this Community a good addiction by invigorating your mind with excellent content and features. An option to Upgrade also gives Members access to hidden content and a place to express thoughts in a more private manner.

26th Mar, 2010 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Addiction Good A

I agree completely with your statement, I for years I have been fighting substance addictions, and when I make a tight schedule from morning till bed then I will not even have time to think about anything. As a smoker I have noticed you tend to make free time for yourself to use these substances, if you can kick the habit of making free time then the addiction is easy to overcome.

Now onto another point. As a smoker it is very hard for me to quit, no it is not the nicotine I am addicted to, that is however an enjoyable addition. What makes it hard for me to quit is anxiety, I never quite know what to do with my hands and for some reason when I have a cigarette it helps me concentrate on smoking rather than how awkward I look with nothing in my hands.

Other than cigarettes I have had problems with psychoactive-substances. Again not addicted to the properties of the drug but addicted to exploring my own mind and self consciousness through out of body experiences, a definition for this is a psychonaut.

Both of these addictions have played positive roles in my life. For example smoking has helped me with social anxiety by breaking the ice with a lot of new people. I also think this has taught me how to speak and bond to people a lot easier. Psychedelics has enlightened my mind to many more doors I would have never known about otherwise, and has taught me many things about my self I took for granted.

Both of these addictions also have great negatives. As you all know smoking can kill in more ways than one, it can also decrease lung capacity and so on. Psychedelics although physically have no negative effects on your body, I am one of few that has pushed my body to the limit and now causes an uncomfortable state of depersonalization disorder for unknown periods of time after each consumption.

Although I am aware of the negatives, I am intrigued by the positives and therefore my mind doesn't fully want to kick the habits just yet.

Addictions are neither good nor bad, each person gets something new from everything. The important thing to remember is that you are in control of your own life and with a proper game plan you can do anything.

An easy way that I have found is look at what you get out of an addiction, and try to think what you could swap that with to make you not miss it. For smoking I could do deep breathing exercises, chew on toothpicks, and find something else to hold in my hand. For psychedelic drugs I could take up meditation, do research on their effects over the internet rather than first hand, astral projection, lucid dreaming and so on.

A creative mind is a powerful tool.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: No need to use a Post to send a Message to Moderators. We will edit or remove as we deem fit.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

Addiction Good A

Name: Sasha

Comments: I kicked smoking about 2 years ago with the help of the nicotine patch.... Needing something to do with your hands sounds like you are making up excuses for unhealthy behavior of smoking... It doesnt help you socialize or keep you physically occupied... You can hold your hands any way you want and never notice the difference unless you are looking for or making up an excuse to smoke... Knock it off... If you want to kick the habit... Try the patch... Don't try an anxiety excuse... I know... I have one too.

I was addicted to psychedelics for years... (took me 3 years to stop doing LSD) and other drugs... I rationalized it for years... had good trips... And bad... But... Later on... My anxiety turned in to phobias... I developed a heart murmur... And my stress levels triggered early onset borderline type 2 diabetes and I struggle with Acid Reflux and my ADD every single stinking day... Grow up... My advice... You don't need the psychedelics any longer... In fact... They actually hold you back from dealing with your problems that you are avoiding emotionally by isolating your mind and personality thru self medicating and are keeping you in an objective state... You don't heal until you stop reacting to the hurt by rebelling through drug use and start healing or taking responsibility for your problems... If you need real help. Its out there. Keep looking... Just do it right... Not with useless excuses and unhealthy behaviour... You jeopardize your life too... If its illegal... Let it go... Whether it helps or not... Just let it go... Its not worth your life... Or is it?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

26th Mar, 2010 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

A Good Addiction

Thank you Sasha, I will take all of that into deep consideration. Thank you for the positive feed back, I like hearing about other people's life experiences.

In addition to your LSD comment, you made it sound like psychedelics were the cause of your stress and heart murmur, maybe it was but Dr.Albert Hoffman (The father of LSD) Was born in 1902 and lived till 2008. He also believed that LSD was a major stepping stone in human evolution and dosed himself regularly trying to prove it's role in human society.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Mar, 2010 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

A Good Addiction

I don't believe there is such a thing as a good addiction. Anything that is addictive (even if good) has its negative consequences.

> TOPIC: A Good Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,