Joel - Bible Name

Joel Bible Name - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 4th Jul, 2013 - 2:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Bible Name Biblical Name & Bible Personality
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2013 - 7:10am / Post ID: #

Joel - Bible Name

Joel

This Bible figure** known as Joel, can be Discussed here.

Joel, Joel is the name of several men in the Hebrew Bible. The firstborn son of the prophet Samuel. According to I Samuel chapter 8, Joel and his brother Abijah were appointed by Samuel to be judges in Beersheba. However, Joel and Abijah "walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment" prompting the Israelites to demand that Samuel give them a king. An ancestor of Samuel (mentioned in 1Ch 6:21).[20], A Simeonite prince (1Ch 4:35).[20], A Reubenite; father of Shemaiah (1Ch 5:4-8).[20], A Gadite chief (1Ch 5:12).[20], A chief of Issachar (1Ch 7:3).[20], One of David's mighty men, indicated as the brother of Nathan (1Ch 11:38).[20], A Gershonite, a prince in the time of David (Chronicles 15:7; 23:8; 26:22).[20], Son of Pedaiah; a Manassite chief in the time of David (1Ch 27:20).[20], A Kohathite in the time of Hezekiah (2Ch 29:12).[20], One of those who married foreign wives (Ezra 10:43).[20], Son of Zichri; a Benjamite overseer after the Exile (Nehemiah 11:9).[20], Jogli, Jogli was the father of Bukki, a prince of the Tribe of Dan. (Num. 34:22), Joiarib, See also: Jehoiarib, Joiarib ("God will contend") is the name of two biblical persons:, Ancestor of Maaseiah the son of Barukh, who was one of those to resettle Jerusalem after the return from Babylonia. (Neh. 11:5), The head of a family of priests at the time of the return from Babylonia. (Neh. 12:6) He was one of the "men of understanding" sent by Ezra to Iddo in order to procure men to minister in the Temple. (Ezr. 8:16) His son was Jedaiah, one of the priests to resettle Jerusalem. (Neh. 11:10) The head of the family at the time of Joiakim was Mattenai. (Neh. 12:19), Jonathan son of Abiathar, Jonathan was a son of Abiathar the priest (2 Samuel 15:27), and served as a messenger during Absalom's rebellion. (2 Samuel 15:36, 17:17). -- Wikipedia.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jul, 2013 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Name Bible Joel

I really like this name, it gives personality to boys. It is also short which is a plus for me because I don't like names that are very long.

> TOPIC: Joel - Bible Name

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,