Fencing

Fencing - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 31st Jul, 2007 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2006 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fencing

Fencing

FENCING IS A SPORT OF MENTAL ACUITY AND PHYSICAL AGILITY

They say it is like playing chess - at 80 miles per hour. En garde. Lunge. Parry. Lunge. Disengage. Lunge. Parry. Counterparry. Score.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2006 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Fencing

I have never really sat down and followed the sport of fencing, but I will acknowledge it as a sport. It is very technical and requires a lot of skill, and there are offensive and defensive moves, so in my book, it qualifies as a sport.

5th Jul, 2006 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Fencing Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I agree that it is a sport and that there is a lot a skill involved to it but then again so does all fighting sports. Fencing is a lot like martial arts would be. If you know the right moves and timing you could out do the best.

31st Jul, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Fencing

I enjoyed the competitive nature of fencing while in university and I still incorporate it into wushu jian (straight sword) or saber (dao). I did mainly foil but I learned more about myself and how I interact with others than in any other sport.

This is the one time a woman actually beat me in a sport and she was excellent.
Her father was a Hungarian champion in the 1950's and she never mised a trick and believe me, I tried them all! Well, most of the time.

> TOPIC: Fencing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,