Beer Drinker

Beer Drinker - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Jul, 2006 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

An alcoholic too?
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2006 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Beer Drinker

Beer Drinker

Humans who drink a lot of beer often do not consider themselves alcoholics because they are not drinking rum or hard liquor. What is your perspective on the issue?

Sponsored Links:
26th Feb, 2006 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Drinker Beer

Drinking any alcoholic beverage in excess and uncontrollably, whether it be beer or hard liquor, in my opinion, is still alcoholism. Some alcoholics even resort to cough medicines, which is even lower in alcohol content than beer. Does that make them less of an alcoholic? No. They are still dependent on alcohol, just in a different form.

26th Feb, 2006 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Beer Drinker Health & Special Psychology

In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether you are drinking beer, cider, liquors or whatever, if you are consuming large amounts of any each week, then I would say yes, that would be classed as an alcoholic.

If you feel the necessity to consume that much alcohol on a daily/weekly basis, then something is holding you to the addiction of the drink.

In the uk, if you drink more than 8 pints of beer every week, then you would be classed as an alcoholic, regardless of whether you felt you were drinking only for sociable reasons or not.

I suppose other countries culture/traditions, would bring in a different answer, as sometimes people are brought up with the tradition of consuming alcohol from a very young age.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2006 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Beer Drinker
A Friend

Drinker Beer

Lots of alcoholics drink just beer. The alcoholic is a personality type. If it feels good he or she will do everything to excess. I almost have four months of recovery and I am starting to realize I am unable to manage life. Beer, hard liquor, drugs, exercise, or ice cream, I'll do it until it hurts.

8th Jul, 2006 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Drinker Beer

In my opinion an alchoholic is someone who can't go on to the next day without a drink with some amount of alchohol in it. I don't believe that a social drinker who goes out every week would been an alcoholic unless he drink every day as well.

> TOPIC: Beer Drinker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,