Refused Dying Daughter's Organs

Refused Dying Daughter' S Organs - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Apr, 2008 - 3:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

United Kingdom Kidney transfer
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2008 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mother denied daughter's organs

A mother from West Yorkshire who suffers from kidney failure is refused her dying daughter's organs.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england...ord/7344205.stm

Sponsored Links:
14th Apr, 2008 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Organs Daughters Dying Refused

I don't get this, it's your daughter, she is dying anyway, so why not allow her to help her mother, who gave her the organs in the first place!

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2008 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Refused Dying Daughter's Organs Health & Special Psychology

It sounds to me that twhile the daughter had the wish to make a living will to give the kidneys to her mother nothing was in writting. If you wish something to be done you have to have it writting or noone will believe it was said. A mother, father, boyfriend, girlfriend or anyone else can make a statement that this is what the patient wished. If there is no documentation then how does the staff know for sure? All it does is make it hard on everyone involved.

14th Apr, 2008 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

I am not convinced that is is not just a tragic attempt at being put first in line. The mother has been ill for seven years, surely if the daughter had planed on making a donation she would have started the process by now. They could have been just waiting till the need was more dire, but compatibility testing would have been done. The testing would surely be enough to show intent. I think the right choice was made.

14th Apr, 2008 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

We are talking about the mother here not a stranger. Why should a stranger get her organs before her own mother does?

14th Apr, 2008 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Why is her mother more important then the person who is nearer death or perhaps a teenager?

These two had seven years to decide if that was the path the liked but they did nothing, so that sentiment to me is fake.

My cousin needed a kidney we had 40 people tested in a very short time measured in months not years. FYI it was a cousin who ended up making one donation the other twin had to wait. This was a few years back but the closer the match the better the odds of the organ not being rejected.

So I ask just because it was mom do you think she was the best match thus the best person to give the kidney to? What if she had only a 40 % change of it being accepted where a second person had a 80% match. Who would you give it to if you were the governing body?

I read the article but did not see any where where the organ was a good match for the mother.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2008 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes we are talking about the mother here. Nothing in the article makes me see that anything was done wrong. I know if I was the decision maker I would want to know more. There is more to this story than we are beingtold. Is the mother not the best candidate? This is what I am thinking.

> TOPIC: Refused Dying Daughter's Organs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,