Prophet Muhammad - Page 7 of 10

I wonder where freedom of speech stars and - Page 7 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 20th Jul, 2007 - 3:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Prophet Muhammad Quotes محمد بن عبد الله بن عبد المطلب - Prophet Mohammad - His face? The cartoon? The reaction? Muslim Prophet - Islamic Prophet
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad
A Friend

Prophet Muhammad - Page 7

So? What is this supposed to mean? Is supposed to be right because it is not about the Jewish religion itself? This is what I am talking about, an indirect way of justifying a terrible thing.

That's not my point at all, I don't mean that it is right but cartoons that portray Muslims as suicide bombers which really make it harder for them to live in these days are published more frequent and there is no riots or protests in the same size but taking it to the next level and attack the religion itself, then that to me isn't acceptable or I think I wouldn't be wrong if I said the majority of Muslims.

Again, double standards. Your opinion dictates that is not fictional. Other people think otherwise. The same with the cartoons about Muhammad, some people consider the whole religion as terrorists, others do not. Then why are you justifying what you perceive to be right or wrong if it is only a matter of opinion? It does not make any sense to me.

Talking about double standards some people believe that the holocaust did happen and some don't (that doesn't mean that I don't believe it didn't happen).

You know what the problem is? that a lot of people only see what happens when a Palestinian kills someone but the media doesn't show what happens to the Palestinians or at least not all of it because then they will get accused of being anti-semist.
It isn't just there only it is probably in most things that happen involving Muslims that's why in the west people seem to be offended by cartoons about the holocaust (which is fair enough, I"m not against that) but at the same time the holocaust of the 21st century is happening under our noses.

I"m not trying to sound mean but those are the facts that I think that happened.

All the post above is based on my opinion and I dont mean to dictate or enforce someone to think in the same way.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Muhammad Prophet

Please keep this Thread on Topic: 'Prophet Muhammad'.

There are other Threads that may be available for other Discussion.

5th Jun, 2006 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Islam Studies

My biggest problem with your discussions about the topic Moh is that you (as most Muslims I have interact with) for some strange reason seem to believe that the only attacks they receive are the ones "worthy" of protests and so on. When someone bring up other issues as the ones mentioned within this thread, some Muslims like you (on purpose or not) seem to disregard it completly. I have never ever heard a Muslim in my conversations about this topic who have said for instance: "What they did with the cartoons about Prophet Muhammad is very very wrong and what some of our fellow Muslims did with the cartoons afterwards about the Holocaust and other issues was also very very wrong".

Are you willing to make such statement and acknowledge that both parts were out of place? We know how you feel about the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad and I completly respect it, now I want to see whether you would accept that the cartoons made by some Muslims about the Holocaust was also wrong.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 5th Jun, 2006 - 2:24pm

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad
A Friend

Page 7 Muhammad Prophet

If the cartoon about the religion itself then I'm totally against it and that isn't a personally opinion, thats what the prophet Mohamed taught us as muslims but if it is about the holocaust then personally I'm against it as well because I know how the Palestinians feel about their massicars as well when people don't recognize it.

Offtopic but,
But at the same time I hate it when some times that the holocaust is used as an excuse to not criticize jews or Israels.

I hope that I have answered your question.

Reconcile Edited: Moh on 5th Jun, 2006 - 3:04pm

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2007 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Muhammad Prophet

Protesting Cartoon

Four men are jailed over their part in a protest in London against a cartoon satirising the Prophet Muhammad.
Ref. BBC

20th Jul, 2007 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad

When I first read the article I thought, wow, six years for probably over doing it a little in a protest? That does not seem fair, until I read:

Rahman, from Palmers Green, north London, was filmed at the rally talking over a loudspeaker and calling for UK soldiers to be brought back from Iraq in body bags.

He said: "We want to see their blood running in the streets of Baghdad.

"We want to see the Mujahideen shoot down their planes the way we shoot down birds. We want to see their tanks burn in the way we burn their flags."

Javed, from Birmingham, was filmed by police shouting: "Bomb, bomb Denmark. Bomb, bomb USA."

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6904622.stm

My goodness, these people are insane. I do not have other words to describe them. I do understand their anger over the cartoons but to call for murder in such a way? Unbelievable. Well deserved sentence.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2007 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad
A Friend

Prophet Muhammad - Page 7

Agreed these people deserve their sentence. No matter how much I oppose UK presence in Iraq they are still tolerated by the the democratically elected Iraqi government. This sort of language doesnt help anyone.

20th Jul, 2007 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Studies Islam - Page 7

I wonder where freedom of speech stars and finish in this case. I mean, one could argue that they were using their freedom of speech. Of course, I am against about what they said but I am interested in some views about it.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Prophet Muhammad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,