Prophet Muhammad - Page 8 of 10

Seems like the Danes are declaring war with - Page 8 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 14th Feb, 2008 - 11:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Prophet Muhammad Quotes محمد بن عبد الله بن عبد المطلب - Prophet Mohammad - His face? The cartoon? The reaction? Muslim Prophet - Islamic Prophet
1st Sep, 2007 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad - Page 8

Another protest over a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad with a dog's body. I hope they do not react violently over this incident .

STOCKHOLM, Sweden  -  Scores of Muslims staged a demonstration Friday against a Swedish newspaper and demanded that its chief editor apologize for publishing a drawing depicting the Prohet Muhammad with a dog's body.

The rally outside the Nerikes Allehanda newspaper in Orebro followed formal protests by Iran and Pakistan in a brewing conflict over the cartoon made by Swedish artist Lars Vilks.

Sweden's prime minister called for mutual respect between Muslims, Christians and nonreligious groups in an attempt to avert a wider conflict. Last year, fiery protests erupted in Muslim countries after a Danish newspaper published 12 cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

Islamic law is interpreted to forbid any depiction of the prophet for fear it could lead to idolatry.

About 300 people rallied outside the newspaper's offices, demanding an apology and saying the cartoon, a rough sketch showing Muhammad's head on a dog's body, was insulting to Muslims, the news agency TT reported.

"We want to show Nerike's Allehanda that Muslims in this city are upset over what happened," Jamal Lamhamdi, chairman of the Islamic cultural center in Orebro, told Swedish public radio. Orebro is a city of about 100,000 residents, 125 miles west of Stockholm.

Earlier, a handful of people, mostly youth, staged a separate demonstration outside the newspaper in defense of press freedom, TT reported.

Nerikes Allehanda editor-in-chief Ulf Johansson met with Lamhamdi but refused to apologize for the cartoon, which was part of an Aug. 19 editorial criticizing several Swedish art galleries for refusing to display a series of prophet drawings by Vilks.

"They say they are offended and I regret that, because our purpose was not to offend anyone," Johansson told The Associated Press. "But they are asking for an apology and a promise that I never again publish a similar image ... and that I cannot do."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2007 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad
A Friend

Muhammad Prophet

That Doonesbury cartoon got axed. Shame. It was pretty funny, but the Washington Post felt that Muslims would be upset over mockery of the garment covering women's heads. This despite prior mockery of Christian leaders.

15th Sep, 2007 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Islam Studies

My goodness, Al Qaeda makes no joke. They are offering MONEY for the murder of a Swedish Cartoonist and his editor.

CAIRO, Egypt  -  The leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq offered money for the murder of a Swedish cartoonist and his editor who recently produced images deemed insulting to Islam, according to a statement carried by Islamist Web sites Saturday.

In a half hour audio file entitled "They plotted yet God too was plotting," Abu Omar al-Baghdadi also named the other insurgent groups in Iraq that Al Qaeda was fighting and promised new attacks, particularly against the minority Yazidi sect.

"We are calling for the assassination of cartoonist Lars Vilks who dared insult our Prophet, peace be upon him, and we announce a reward during this generous month of Ramadan of $100,000 for the one who kills this criminal," the transcript on the Web site said.

The Al Qaeda leader upped the reward for Vilks' death to $150,000 if he was "slaughtered like a lamb" and offered $50,000 for the killing of the editor of Nerikes Allehanda, the Swedish paper that printed Vilks' cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad with a dog's body on Aug. 19.

Vilks said from Sweden he believed the matter of his cartoons had been blown out of proportion.

"We have a real problem here," Vilks told The Associated Press by telephone. "We can only hope that Muslims in Europe and in the Western world choose to distance themselves from this and support the idea of freedom of expression."

15th Sep, 2007 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Muhammad Prophet

I guess forgiveness does not exist in radical Islam. To me they should be paying money to feed the poor in their country rather than constantly looking for revenge.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2007 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Muhammad Prophet

TURKISH HACKERS TARGET SWEDISH SITES

Turkish hackers have targeted more than 5,000 Swedish websites since a Swedish newspaper published caricature of the Prophet Muhammad's head on a dog's body.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/10...ey-hackers.html

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2007 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad
A Friend

Prophet Muhammad

It isn't just the fact that I have seen the cartoons that offended me or any other muslim (it is forbidden but I don't expect everyone to understand why or how serious it is for muslims), it is the timing of these cartoons to the muslims around the world.

It's not the timing of these things at all. It's concidered an insult to the prophet Muhammed and sentenced by death or in other words off with your head.

Only nowadays it's getting harder for Muslims to preach to the choir because most normal human beings (Muslims included) want peace with freedoms. Freedoms to make a cartoon like this similiar to that of Political cartoons and not die because of it. Wait .. or was this an infadel or kaffir .. either way death be apon him in the scriptures. rolleyes.gif

The sad thing about it is Islam is a Religion and a Government with Laws, so any insult to the Prophet is concidered illegal and death be apon them. There's no timing involved, it's real time's in reality for these people. They want to rule the world with these laws, and I don't see it happening, Muh.

People who insult Jesus Christ in cartoons or burn Bibles, well you don't see them spouting off death now do you? But, you burn the American Flag and you can bet your bottom dollar .. the thought is brewing from her people's. That's a whole country of various religions with one Constitution vs. Islam disquised as a Government. BIG difference if you ask me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2008 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prophet Muhammad - Page 8

Danish cartoons 'plotters' held

Danish police arrest three people over an alleged plot to attack a man who drew Prophet Muhammad cartoons.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7240481.stm

14th Feb, 2008 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Prophet Muhammad Studies Islam - Page 8

Seems like the Danes are declaring war with Islamist extremist:

Danish Muhammad cartoon reprinted

Danish newspapers reprint a cartoon satirising the Prophet Muhammad which caused outrage in the Muslim world.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7242258.stm

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Prophet Muhammad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,