Adam And Eve Spiritually Dead

Adam Eve Spiritually Dead - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Mar, 2006 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2006 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

As I was reading the Bible (the book of genesis) I have noticed that Adam and Eve became spiritually dead. Cut off Spiritually! Does Adam and Eve need to be baptized?

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2006 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Dead Spiritually Eve Adam

Everyone needs baptism, if Christ needed it then who is Adam and Eve?

10th Feb, 2006 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Adam And Eve Spiritually Dead Studies Doctrine Mormon

Do you mean if they needed to be rebaptized? I asked this because they were obviously baptized since it is a requirement to enter the Celestial Kingdom.

26th Feb, 2006 - 7:37am / Post ID: #

As I was reading the Bible (the book of genesis) I have noticed that Adam and Eve became spiritually dead. Cut off Spiritually!

Yes, and so have we, in that sense.

Do you mean if they needed to be rebaptized? I asked this because they were obviously baptized since it is a requirement to enter the Celestial Kingdom.

Not sure I understand your question, LDS. They did not enter the Celestial Kingdom until after they died - there was no need for two baptisms, as they were in the Garden of Eden (not the same as the Celestial Kingdom), and then in the world in which we now live, and then (we assume) the Celestial Kingdom.

Anyway, in firm answer to the initial question, see Moses 6:64-68. Yes, Adam was baptized. We can safely assume Eve was as well.

8th Mar, 2006 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

LDS_Forever was referring to this statement from Brigham Young:

QUOTE (Brigham Young @ Journal of Discourses 1:50-51)
When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him.

If Adam was born, lived, died, and was resurrected upon another Earth (as taught clearly by Brigham Young), then He was baptized upon that earth. He would also NOT have been "saved" by Jesus.

Finally, there really isn't much in the way of evidence that Adam ever died. He could have easily been translated back to His Celestial body when His time was up.

8th Mar, 2006 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Nighthawk, thanks for clarifying that. I am not quiet sure the point FutureElder is trying to make but I thought he was talking about re-baptism, but it seems by re-reading his message that he either does not know they were baptised or he is trying to make another point. I do not know. So if Adam and Eve and the other wives were living upon another Earth and they died and resurrected there then is there a need for re-baptism?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Mar, 2006 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Adam Eve Spiritually Dead

If I could get away with it, I would answer this way:

Yes.

But then you know that I believe in rebaptism.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 8th Mar, 2006 - 11:32pm

8th Mar, 2006 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Adam Eve Spiritually Dead Mormon Doctrine Studies

But then you know that I believe in rebaptism.

Yes, but I am not talking about the type of rebaptism that we discussed in another thread, I am talking about if there was a "need" for rebaptism.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Adam And Eve Spiritually Dead

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,