Ski Cycling

Ski Cycling - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Aug, 2007 - 12:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Aug, 2007 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Ski Cycling

Ski Cycling

I was just watching a X-Sport called, 'Ski Cycling' where you ride a bike that has skis instead of wheels. I was wondering how you brake on a steep decline with that?

Sponsored Links:
9th Aug, 2007 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Cycling Ski

Well JB apparently this has been around for 40 years! I admit I never heard of it till now. Here is a link on the retrofit for you bike it also talks about the activity a bit.

https://www.a2xtreme.com/2000/0068.htm

Here is what the site had to say about stopping.

How do you stop? The same way you stop on skis or a snowboard; you either turn sideways across the hill, or you skid it sideways -hockey stop style. You can also control your speed or stop by simply putting your feet down -Fred Flintstone style.

I just bet one takes some hard falls perfecting the stop.

10th Aug, 2007 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Ski Cycling Sports & Fashion Music Movies

40 years is a long time, especially when it is highlighted as though it is so very modern on X-games. I appreciate the clarification on stopping, however I would think that since you are sitting that a better breaking method would be needed as you have less control?

> TOPIC: Ski Cycling

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,