The Results Of Personality Tests - Page 2 of 2

Glyphfury, I think Klausse is actually the - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2006 - 2:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Mar, 2006 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

The Results Of Personality Tests - Page 2

Klausse, the simple answer to that really is... why take them? Why even discuss them? It is like the man who hates the amusement park, because he cannot see how people get 'fun' out of something that just spins or does the same thing over and over, yet, instead of the man avoiding it altogether he drives pass looking in, watching to see who participates, then with nothing better to do he pickets the area. The truth of the matter is this... none of the Personality Quizzes here are meant to be taken seriously, so you should not either, unless... in some way it is measuring your personality in a round about way wink.gif.

Sponsored Links:
4th Mar, 2006 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Tests Personality Results The

That's a good point.
I don't say I hate them, neither I hate amusement parks, by the way, - I rather like them.
I think my problem might be that I sort of believe the titles. I am perfectly fine with things that are goofy (one of my favourite quizz is "What OS are you") but when I see a serious title and seriously looking queztions and answers, I get tuned on a serious wave even if I know I shouldn't take it seriously.

Taking my Brave quizz example further, if I got something like "you're an example of courage! For rabbits!" I'd simply laugh appreciating the irony.
But "you are a coward" does scratch your self-esteem - simply because it is not expressed in a funny way and especially if it crowns the questions that suggested serious and possible situations.

Just my very personal opinion.

4th Mar, 2006 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

The Results Of Personality Tests Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (Klausse)
...But "you are a coward" does scratch your self-esteem

I am not sure if you see what you are saying, but the above says that you allow these things to affect you. Whereas another person would shrug it off, you will take it to heart, you may wish to step back and realize the difference between reality and fun, in other words... if the quiz tells you that you are a 'coward' - so what? You know what you truly are, you do not need a quiz to tell you that, if you do, then something is wrong - something deeper. No offense intended.

4th Mar, 2006 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tests Personality Results The

But "you are a coward" does scratch your self-esteem

Well, I think we are talking about other issues here or with all due respect, do you consider yourself thin-skinned? I just cannot comprehend how a personality test result done on the internet can "scratch" your self esteem *shrugs* I took many personality tests and even though I got answers like you described "You are a coward", it was really laughable! but again I think it depends on how you really see and feel about yourself.

4th Mar, 2006 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Tests Personality Results The

Thin-skinned? Don't know. Need to take a quiz to find this out wink.gif
What I do know for sure, I am pretty literal, that is taking words literally and if I say "coward", I mean "coward" - no jokes, no fun. For me it is a word with strong negative meaning, so if I am called like this, I surely would want to know the reasons.

Of course, with a quiz result it would be different. I'll forget about it in a minute, but my very first reaction still would be "Huh? What gives you right to say this?", not a good-hearted chuckle.

To say it again - because of the way it is expressed.
"You're probably one of those people who always carry a pillow in their pocket so that in the moment of danger they can hide their head under it" - it is just a different way to say "coward", but this would make me laugh because of the mental image it'd give me.

"You're a coward" - in this case I won't laugh simply because it is not expressed in a funny way. It's rather an insult, and that is why it would give me a scratch, as any curse word thrown at you, especially when it's undeserved.

It might be exactly the reason whythe results of personality tests make people feel bad sometimes: 1) they know it is not true and 2) the way it is expressed is not funny.

In case when they know they are "guilty" of it, they'd hardly feel bad because well, it's just true.
Like in my case, I won't have any issues with "you're messy, jealous, pretty lazy and can sleep 14 hours a day" in whatever terms it could be expressed - because I know it's my portrait!

4th Mar, 2006 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

The Results Of Personality Tests

Klausse, I really do not understand what you are trying to say, you are just repeating yourself, but let's just say that I think it is best if you leave the Personality Tests alone and stick with the RPGs.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jun, 2006 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

The Results Personality Tests - Page 2

I think what klauss is trying to say is that he gets offended if it is put seriously like he put it you're a coward and if it was put humorously like you have courage to serve rabbits or how ever he put it he would laugh because of the humour involved and is not serious.

3rd Jun, 2006 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

The Results Personality Tests Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Glyphfury, I think Klausse is actually the perfect example of what this Thread is about. If you go and read the same personality tests that he is getting hyper over you will see that it is supposed to be humorous. Here, I quote from the site:

PLEASE NOTE: These quizzes are meant to be fun only and not a means to analyze your true nature. Please do not get a headache or heartache over the result.
Ref. https://quiz.bordeglobal.net

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Results Of Personality Tests

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,