Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook 4th Ed.

Dungeons Dragons Players Handbook 4th Ed - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 12th Jul, 2011 - 4:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

Reviewed
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2008 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

If you have used this set then what is your review for the Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook 4th Ed.?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jan, 2010 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Ed th Handbook Players Dragons and Dungeons

I like it.

However this book should have been more advanced. We have seen this system in Diablo (cult classic computer game), and in WoW. That was 4-5 years before this book. So in my opinion it was outdated before it hit the shelves.

Saying that, I do like it. I like the ninja sort of mentality of the moves. Also basic and advanced rules are listed clearly and understandably. Sadly I expected more from such a large, leading company.

25th Jan, 2010 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook 4th Ed. Reviews RPG & Card Board

I'm not exactly sure what "more advanced" means here. I was kinda miffed to see the removal of Gnomes as a basic player race, though I can't say I ever knew anybody that played them but once or twice, as they seemed redundant to dwarves and maybe even halflings. I think the Tiefling was a huge mistake, suitable only to encourage munchkins and powergamers, but I guess given the other changes that are laid out even in the Player's book, it sort of makes sense in context. Like the DM guide, the layout seems pretty solid for the most part, there are good examples and fairly clear explanations of classes and important aspects, from a player and game mechanic perspective. Leaving aside the background art which I found distracting, it seemed to do its job at a basic level, and present some interesting options and observations, but not much more.

26th Jan, 2010 - 8:11am / Post ID: #

The Tiefling was developed over time threw computer games and books. So their appearance in this edition to older gamers is usually a surprise. I was shocked by the removal of the Gnome. The Dragonkin also struck me as a draconian from dragonlance. Also I really did not like how they have Elahadrin and Elves. One or the other would have been sufficient.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2010 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm not a fan... I think because I became so accustomed to 3rd edition that I've just developed a huge bias... And while the whole "minion" idea is cool and interesting, I still prefer 3rd edition. (3.5)

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2010 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Name: DD

Comments: It is a definite improvement over other AD&D manual versions. Once we are accustomed to something it becomes difficult to change and accept something else so not everyone will like the few changes in the 4th Edition but it was developed based on feedback from players.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jul, 2011 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

There may be some improvements in theory with D&D 4.0 but the flow of the game is far better with D&D 3.5 in my opinion.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook 4th Ed.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,