Gothic Music

Gothic Music - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Jun, 2006 - 4:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Gothic Music Related Information to Gothic Music
  • Goth Teens
  • Goth Movies
  • Goth / Gothic - Word Development
  • Goth Fashion - Will it ever be popular?
  • The Goth Culture - As a Religion?
  • Heavy Metal & Punk
  • Sterotyped
  • Body Piercings & Tattoos - (Requires Mature Status)
  • Post Date: 5th Mar, 2006 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Gothic Music

Gothic Music

Do you listen to or appreciate Gothic Music? Do you have a favorite Gothic Music band? If so, please do share it with us.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Gothic Music
    A Friend

Music Gothic

I have been a huge fan of 'the Cure' since the early 1980s and find the general description of them as a 'goth' band, (in fact 'THE' goth band) to be a rather strange one, as most of their music is upbeat and lyrically very complex.
    I would really be hard pressed to name a band that really fits with the goth image, as this really isn't punk, it isn't rock either. To my mind the only music that would fit would be close to Gregorian chants or perhaps chamber music, as the perceived mood of the gothic people is one of depression and sombreness.
    Maybe I'm way off track here....Could Mozart be the voice of the goth?

MI

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2006 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Gothic Music
    A Friend

Gothic Music Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Yes, I listen to Gothic Metal. The bands that I have a liking for are Cradle of Filth, Marylin Manson, The Murderdolls, Frankenstein Drag Queens and Rob Zombie.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2006 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Gothic Music
    A Friend

Music Gothic

QUOTE (Jay @ 8-Mar 06, 5:53 AM)
    Yes, I listen to Gothic Metal. The bands that I have a liking for are Cradle of Filth, Marylin Manson, The Murderdolls, Frankenstein Drag Queens and Rob Zombie.

Interesting. I never perceived Marylin Manson's music as "gothic"... Hardcore, maybe?
    I listen to several various goth bands: The Cure ( to start with, they certainly were among the founders), Siouxsie and the Banshees, Lacrimosa, Sopor Aeternus (more like darkwave, yet, they're similar), All my faith lost..., Black tape for a blue girl, Theatre of tragedy etc. etc. This list could go on forever. smile.gif

29th Jun, 2006 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Music Gothic

Yup I like gothic music also. The bands I like are: H.I.M., Rob Zombie, The 69 Eyes, and Avenged Sevenfold. I'm not sure if all of those are actually Gothic bands so I could be wrong.

29th Jun, 2006 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Gothic Music

Swiftknife, it is interesting you would classify Rob Zombie as Goth. His demeanor and appearance may promote Goth but I believe his music is far from goth-like. His music definitely falls under hard Rock in my book.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Gothic Music

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,