Sodas The 'cigarettes' Of Obesity

Sodas ' Cigarettes' Obesity - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th May, 2006 - 1:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2006 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sodas The 'cigarettes' Of Obesity

Sodas the 'Cigarettes' of Obesity

Low-fat, low-cal, low-carb. Atkins, South Beach, The Zone. Food fads may be distracting attention from something more insidiously piling on pounds: beverages. One of every five calories in the American diet is liquid. The nation's single biggest "food" is soda, and nutrition experts have long demonized it. In reports to be published in science journals this week, two groups of researchers hope to add evidence to the theory that soda and other sugar-sweetened drinks don't just go hand-in-hand with obesity but actually cause it. Not that these drinks are the only cause - genetics, exercise and other factors are involved - but that they are one cause, perhaps the leading cause.
Ref. Deseretnews.com

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2006 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Obesity cigarettes Sodas

Like I have admitted elsewhere on the forum, I am a Mountain Dew freak. I was drinking 2-3 20oz bottles of Dew a day. I don't drink coffee and Dew was the only way to get caffeine, which, I know is in itself a bad thing. My doctor suggested I try switching to Diet Mountain Dew, and I did so about 6-9 months ago. Interestingly enough I lost over 10lbs by ONLY switching from regular to Diet Dew, and my gut has diminished significantly. So I can attest that sodas do contribute to obesity. Now if I can only switch from Diet to water, I'll be set, but that will be even more difficult (no caffeine undecided.gif)

18th May, 2006 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Sodas The 'cigarettes' Of Obesity Health & Special Psychology

It's quite frightening to think that drinking soda can have such an effect. Most people realize that sodas are fattening, but I personally wouldn't have thought that they were any worse for you than say a candy bar.

I do drink quite a bit of soda over the summer, as it gets hot, you drink more, and all the shops sell a great variety of sodas!

I will have to start looking at drinking diet soda or sugar free, as I don't think I can give them up altogether !

> TOPIC: Sodas The 'cigarettes' Of Obesity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,