Connection

Connection - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 31st Dec, 2004 - 4:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Your ability to connect via ISP or filter usage
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2004 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Connection

This thread is not the same as 'Uptime Or Downtime?' also located in this board. The topic at hand focuses on when the site is up and functional but because of your POP (Point of Presence or location) and / or firewall / filter program you cannot access this site. Sometimes two users chat online via an IM one says they can use the community perfectly while the other claims to not be able to.

The Architect has recently had two issues with this:

1. A user claimed his filter program would not let him access this site.
2. A user in a certain local area in Florida could not access it because of their ISP

How about you? Have you ever had any problems like those described above?

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2004 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Connection

There have been times at work where our intranet became extremely flooded and I was unable to access the site through the firewall. I knew later on that the site was fine because there were posts during that time frame.

5th Dec, 2004 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Connection Feedback & FAQ News Community

I had this problem before that I couldn't access the site, but usually, after I restart the computer, it always works. It isn't much of a problem for me, though on other forums I had many failed connections like that that lasted for days.

25th Dec, 2004 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Connection

Smudge, were you running many things at the same time? I have found that communities that run a lot of flash banners can really slow down your computer, especially if you have many windows open.

25th Dec, 2004 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Connection

The only problem I have is that the PC at home continually drops the wireless connection to the internet. It is either the NIC or the Firewall. I bought a new NIC months ago, but haven't gotten around to installing it. undecided.gif

26th Dec, 2004 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Connection

So you are saying the site causes this to happen for some reason or your equipment?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Dec, 2004 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Connection

Smudge, were you running many things at the same time?

Yes, it's usually when I try opening several threads at the same time that it happens.

31st Dec, 2004 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Connection Community News FAQ & Feedback

Smudge, what kind of system do you have? Maybe you have too many programs running in the background too,

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Connection

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,