Should You Force The Pill?

Should Force Pill - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Mar, 2006 - 10:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2006 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

What if a Child that has to take regular prescribed medicine for ADHD does not want to take it on a particular day... Should You Force The Pill on her or let her decide when she is ready?

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2006 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Pill Force Should

well, from personal experience, I would say it's not a matter of choice, it is a matter of necessity, the child should be strongly encouraged to take the medication, I can't see that you can force them other than to 'pin them down and hold their nose'-- which I wouldn't encourage!
I suppose the only other way would be to crush it in some of their favorite food, and I wouldn't have a problem with that, firstly, because the medication has been prescribed for a reason!
The child obviously needs the medication or it wouldn't have been prescribed!

I have seen the effect first hand of a child skipping taking their ADHD medication, it certainly isn't something I would recommend, but I suppose at the end of the day, there are different extremities of the illness...

> TOPIC: Should You Force The Pill?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,