Php Vs. Perl

Php Vs Perl - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th May, 2006 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Hypertext Preprocessor Code - Which one do you prefer?
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2006 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Php Vs. Perl

PHP vs. Perl

There are often arguments about which coding language to use for the net: PHP vs. Perl? Between these two which one do you prefer?

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2006 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Perl Vs Php

I used to prefer p.e.r.l scripts until I realized that it cannot handle more complexed calculations as quickly as PHP without becoming a resource hog. I only use p.e.r.l for small scripts now and PHP for bigger stuff where a MySQL database is needed. The other irritating thing about p.e.r.l is the constant need for permissions.

8th May, 2006 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Php Vs. Perl Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I work on the iSeries or AS/400 platform, and P.e.r.l was the only option for a while. However, it was never native to the OS, so coding and compiling applications became a complex task. Now an announcement has been made that IBM is planning to make PHP a native language on the platform, which is good news, since there are so many PHP developers out there. Once this is a reality, I would be more than interesting in learning PHP and using it on the iSeries for web application and design.

> TOPIC: Php Vs. Perl

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,