Light Of Christ - Knowledge Of Good And Evil

Light Christ Knowledge Good Evil - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 5:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd Apr, 2006 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

This is a subject for which I've not found much scripture in the Bible, but in the Book of Mormon and other LDS scripture. Essentially, it states that all of us are given the Light of Christ to know good from evil, that we all are born with it for the purpose of choosing which we will follow. Also, that we must recognize it and exercise it in order to maintain it ~ that if we do not, we can lose it. We call this our "conscience." We've seen it characterized in movies or cartoons as an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. And what do they do? They argue and persuade the person upon whose shoulders they sit to do either good or evil.

Here is one passage from the Book of Mormon regarding the Light of Christ.

Moroni 7: 15:19

15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.

19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.

Message Edited!
Farseer:After a more diligent search, I found more biblical references to conscience

John 8: 9

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Acts 23: 1

1 AND Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.

Rom. 2: 15

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness

Rom. 9: 1

1 I SAY the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 2nd Apr, 2006 - 1:59am

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2006 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Evil Good Knowledge Christ Light

all of us are given the Light of Christ to know good from evil, that we all are born with it for the purpose of choosing which we will follow.

I am not sure if this is quite true. I believe there is a Biblical reference to the Nephilim that were never given that spark. I believe the Noah myth is focused on this concept. The merging of fallen angels(all angel being male) and women created Giants. These Giamts had no soul and dwelt on evil constantly. They were born without a soul. The Nephilim pop up from time to time in scripture but each time they are repelled by God because God does not want a world filled with sociopaths. In the last day as in the days of Noah, these Nephilim are supposed to rise again. I always wondered why God had the Jews destroy the Giants but in the context of of destroying souless beings, who dwell on hate all day long, I can see why God would want to intervene.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Light Of Christ - Knowledge Of Good And Evil Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think that is further from the subject than was intended. But I digress. Whether we are born with the knowledge to chose between good and evil, I don't know. Children must be taught what is right and wrong or they will chose selfishly, acting out nature, survival of the fittest. However, the bible does say that we all know god. Psalms 19:1 says that the heavens and earth testify to the power of god.

> TOPIC: Light Of Christ - Knowledge Of Good And Evil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,