Heavy Patients Put Strain On Hospitals

Heavy Patients Put Strain Hospitals - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2006 - 6:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2006 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

HEAVY PATIENTS PUT STRAIN ON HOSPITALS

Going to the hospital is rarely fun. If you weigh over 300 pounds like Beth Henk, it can be embarrassing.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/03/31/hospi...y.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
2nd Apr, 2006 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Hospitals Strain Put Patients Heavy

about one-third of the 900 patients weighed 350 pounds or more

I was shocked when I read that statement. I really didn't think that 1/3 of patients, on a consistent basis would be that heavy. However, it would make sense that people who are that much overweight would have the most health problems. With those types of numbers, it really does need to be addressed, even though it may mean additional expenses to the hospital. You just can't deny those types of numbers.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2006 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Heavy Patients Put Strain On Hospitals Health & Special Psychology

Its an interesting statistic, but its not true for everyone. I weigh just at 300 pounds, but nobody would guess it. In fact, most are shocked to learn my weigh because of body fat distribution. But I am almost never sick.

3rd Apr, 2006 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

There is a big difference between 300 and 350 pounds, no pun intended. It is more common for someone to be pushing 300 pounds, especially if they are tall, but 350 and above is extreme obesity, in my opinion. You would have to be almost 7 feet tall to justify that much weight.

3rd Apr, 2006 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

I would like to look at this from a weight lifting perspective. My best deadlift to date is about 365lbs. It takes a lot of exertion to lift that kind of weight when you way less than 200lbs. My best overhead press is about 200lbs. Now let us consider that you have a patient that becomes lifeless for some reason and they have to be moved. Now also consider that most nurses and doctors are not generally weight lifters... now you get the picture.

> TOPIC: Heavy Patients Put Strain On Hospitals

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,