Bulimia Nervosa

Bulimia Nervosa - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th Apr, 2006 - 4:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Binge eating
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Bulimia Nervosa

Bulimia Nervosa

Do you suffer with Bulimia Nervosa or do you know someone that does / did? How are you dealing with it or dealt with it in the past?

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2006 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Nervosa Bulimia

I do not suffer with this, and I feel I know a couple of people like this, but they will not admit it. The most interesting case for me was when I saw Princess Diana (deceased) in an interview confessing to the world that she fought with Bulimia on a regular basis.

14th Feb, 2006 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Bulimia Nervosa Health & Special Psychology

I have met some girls when I was young who were both bulimic and anorexic, I also worked in radio with a guy who was bulimic. Argentina is one of the countries with most cases on eating disorders. How I dealt with these cases? There is nothing much I could do, I tried to talk to them about it and even threaten to talk with their mothers but they will just not listen. One got help eventually and the other one I do not know.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Bulimia Nervosa
A Friend

Nervosa Bulimia

I have never even considered the possibility of taking part in bulimia because of all of the physical reprucussions that are with it. It's not healthy, as I'm sure we all know.

It is a disease that mostly entails females, but I have heard stories of some males also doing it. One thing I am noticing is that girls are starting to do these things at an earlier stage. About a month and a half ago we caught one of our second grade girls sticking her finger down her throat to get herself to throw up. She's not a big girl for her age, but she's not skin and bones. She's about how a second grader should be. It scared us, though. She's seven years old, and that left most of with the thought of where she learned something like that.

We reported it to the office staff, and they took it from there.

Working with youth, last night I was confronted with one of my girls who was incredibly hurt and upset because people are commenting about her weight, including her mother. The thing is, she's not fat. At all. She's tall and her weight matches her height. I sat down and talked to her for a bit, trying to build up her confidence. The reason I am sharing this story is because sometimes we can prevent a problem before it becomes one. Sometimes you can pick up on certain clues that a girl is feeling concerned about her weight, and I am praying that by talking to her about it and trying to help her build up her confidence about herself, she will not consider taking such actions. Knowing her and the kind of person she is and how she yearns for acceptance, I would not have put it past her to consider taking such actions.

I also had a friend in middle school, we were close as close could be, who started to toy with bulimia. Her mother called me and another one of our friends and talked with us, and we made a pact to be accountable for her. When she was at school, we made sure she ate, and made sure she did not make any bathroom trips alone, which was easy to do since we were in the same classes. We also talked to her as her friends. Sometimes when it's a younger teen, they hear it better coming from their friends rather than an adult. That's how we dealt with her being involved in that, and she did eventually stop.

> TOPIC: Bulimia Nervosa

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,