Lds Saved By Grace

Lds Saved Grace - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2006 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Celestial glory even with a few 'simple' sins?
11th Apr, 2006 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace

LDS Saved by Grace

This Thread deals with an aspect of attitude among certain Members of the Church who consider themselves the prime stock of God to the point that they can do no wrong. They feel they are somehow saved by 'default' and so it does not matter how they treat their Brother or if they really keep a commandment, after all, it is okay to 'sin a little' because in the end God will save us.

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2006 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Grace Saved Lds

I think is more about having an attitude of mediocrity, they reason after all "nobody is perfect", I think that sentence itself should be framed and label as the most used phrase within the LDS members. Duh, we know we are not perfect and that in the end it is the Lord's grace who saves us, but it does not mean I am not going to try my best to live according to the commandments and teachings of the Gospel.

18th Apr, 2006 - 9:40am / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace Studies Doctrine Mormon

Another type of person that may be included in this group is one who says, "I have a temple marriage, so I'm going to the Celestial Kingdom, regardless of how I live my life." I've heard some women say, "My temple marriage is my key to the Celestial Kingdom." At the same time, they make no effort to become better, more righteous people. I'm not saying I'm more righteous than they are, because I do a lot of things wrong too. The difference is, I understand that it takes much more than a temple marriage to make it to the Celestial Kingdom. I agree with you, LDS_forever, when you said, "Duh". Some people just don't get it, do they?

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2006 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace
A Friend

Grace Saved Lds

JB said:

They feel they are somehow saved by 'default'...

Hmm...this was interesting JB, it really was, since I feel the gospel is so clear on this. I would have agreed though, if the thread was about other Christians were the principle of grace is far more emphasized, thus making you saved merely by uttering the words "I believe in Christ". (Don't get me wrong, grace is just as important to members of the Church.)

To be honest, I've never during my 13 years membership heard members having that idea. I can't even comprehend how one can say that, especially not after having come so far as to be married in the Temple. I mean, are there really any covenants or oaths that are given freely? The only free thing is that we will all get our body back after we die.

Having said this, the lord warns us against this in the Book of Mormon:
2. NE, 28:8 And there shall also be many which shall say: Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God-he will justify in committing a little sin; yea, lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor; there is no harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.

2nd Jun, 2006 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Grace Saved Lds

Joheri said:

To be honest, I've never during my 13 years membership heard members having that idea.

Oh I did, many times. I heard many members who think that because they have been sealed in the Temple, everything is great and it's the end of it and nothing can break that Temple Covenant, that they are automatically "Saved" by that ordinance. I remember teaching Relief Society and telling the sisters that those ordinances are connected with our personal righteousness and that "Families canbe together forever" but it does not automatically happen if we are not living our Temple covenants. Most of them were shocked.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2006 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace
A Friend

Lds Saved By Grace

This really amazes me...
I asked my wife if she had ever heard anyone claim they were secured a place in the Celestial Kingdom if sealed in the Temple, and she had never heard of it. But she had heard once someone claim they still would be married on the other side even though they were divorced on earth....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jun, 2006 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved Grace

QUOTE (Joheri)
I would have agreed though, if the thread was about other Christians were the principle of grace is far more emphasized...

I understand what you mean, but what this Thread refers to is not a matter of misunderstanding the Doctrine, it is complacency in the Gospel. That is why the first Thread indicates:

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)
This Thread deals with an aspect of attitude...

In other words the inaction by many who feel that now I am baptized, sealed and so forth, and thus I am not bound to do my best, I do not really have to be kind, I can say what I want and do what I want. Understand where I am targeting?

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2006 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace
A Friend

Lds Saved Grace Mormon Doctrine Studies

I understand JB, what I meant to say is that I would have understood (not agreed), if the thread was about other Christians... wink.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lds Saved By Grace

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,