Lds Saved By Grace - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Dbackers)In the Temple Ceremony we - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Oct, 2007 - 10:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Celestial glory even with a few 'simple' sins?
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2006 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace
A Friend

Lds Saved By Grace - Page 2

cool.gif I know some members express that view after entering into the new and everlasting covenant of marriage. I am sorry that this is the case. I can only say that they must not take President Benson's talk on " PRIDE" very seriously.

We must walk up to all covenants we enter into , in the house of the Lord.

(Doctrine and Covenants 132: 6-9  " As pertaining to the new and everlasting covenant , it was instituted for the fulness of my glory; and he that  recieveth a fulness thereof must and shall abide the law, or he shall be damned, saith the Lord God. 7) And verily I say unto you, that the conditions of this law are these: All covenants, contracts , bonds, obligations, oaths, vows, performances, connections, associations or expectationss, that are not made and entered into and sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise , of him who is anointed, both as well for time and for all eternity , and that too most holy , by revelation and commandment through the medium of mine anointed,whom I have appointed on the earth to hold this power and keys of this priesthood are of no efficacy, virtue , or force in and after the resurrection from the dead; for all contracts that are not made unto this end HAVE AN END when men are dead. 8) Behold , mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion..)

So it looks like one has to be able to receive of his fulness ( Calling and election ) before anyone of us can enter the highest degree of the celestial kingdom. I am working on it but I am not there yet , how about you?!

Message Edited!
Persephone: Learn how to use the quote tags.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2006 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace
A Friend

Grace Saved Lds

I believe the BOM talks about this. "I will just commit a few sins and he will just give me a few stripes". What that really means is I will just cause more dept that the lord will have to suffer for. That is a selfish way of looking at it. And it doesn't work like that. It is unfortunate that I understand this philosophy.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2006 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Lds Saved By Grace
A Friend

Lds Saved By Grace Studies Doctrine Mormon

For those who think Temple ordinances means we are saved lets read the Book of Mormon.

QUOTE (2 Nephi 25:23)
"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."

Even though I haven't been in the Temple, I know that even though we are "sealed" that doesn't mean we are saved. Nor does it mean that we are going to have our family forever. Our families are not our own, they are the Lords children, if we abuse our children or wifes, then we won't be sealed. It's in accords with how we treat them in this life. IF I beat my wife in this life, why would she want to be with me for all eternity. She wouldn't, she would go to a man that is more worth then she.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

16th Oct, 2007 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Grace Saved Lds

The temple ordinances are primarily a covenant relationship. We are promised the blessings if we fulfill the parts of the covenant.

Without divulging to much, the ordinances of the temple require us to keep the laws of Sacrifice, those teachings found in the Gospel, the law of Chastity, and the law of consecration (giving all to the Lord). Those actions do not save us in the typical sense of the words, but they allow us access to Salvation as provided by the atonement of Jesus Christ (We are saved by grace after all that we can do).

In the Temple Ceremony we are only promised that we will receive all blessings if we are true and faithful, not because we have received a particular ordinance. Unfaithfulness can and does restrict our access to the full blessings of the Temple and only true Repentance can bring us back into full fellowship with the Lord.

Jacob 4: 7

7 Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.

18th Oct, 2007 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Grace Saved Lds

QUOTE (Dbackers)
In the Temple Ceremony we are only promised that we will receive all blessings if we are true and faithful...

Some people forget the IF and fast forward to all the goodies. I think it is human nature to just look for what you are getting and not read the contract as it were.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lds Saved By Grace

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,