Jesus' Walk Likely On Ice, Scientist Says

Jesus' Walk Ice Scientist Says - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 12th Feb, 2007 - 1:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
11th Apr, 2006 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

This scientist is getting hate e-mails every three minutes based on his report. He seem to believe after research that Jesus Christ did not really walk in water as explain in the Bible but on a "patch" of ice....

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Jesus walked on water, according to the Bible, but a Florida State University professor says he may have actually walked on a hard-to-see patch of ice. Doron Nof, a professor of oceanography, said a rare combination of water and atmospheric conditions in the Sea of Galilee 2000 years ago may offer a scientific explanation for one of the miracles recounted in the Bible. Nof said a patch of ice floating in the Sea of Galilee - which is actually a freshwater lake - would have been difficult to distinguish from unfrozen water surrounding it. "I'm not trying to provide any information that has to do with theology here," Nof said in an interview Wednesday. "All we've thought is about the natural process. What theologians or anybody else does with that, it's their business, so to speak."...
https://deseretnews.com

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2006 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Says Scientist Ice On Walk Jesus

This is a situation where someone is trying to use science to discredit faith, and this is impossible. Faith in Jesus Christ and his works while on earth is what gives Christians the ability to make sense of something which science says is impossible, eg, walking on water. My guess is that this scientist is not interested in the Bible, or what it has to say, and is merely quoting it so that he can use scientific approaches to discredit what he sees as impossibilities.

12th Apr, 2006 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Jesus' Walk Likely On Ice, Scientist Says Revealed Bible The

You know, every scientific truth comes from God anyway. Maybe Jesus did walk on a patch of ice. But I'll tell you, if He did, I think He created that patch of ice or "atmospheric conditions" Himself for the sole purpose of walking out to the boat. I think its funny how scientists or others use science to try and prove the Bible or some aspect of faith wrong. Science is the study of how things work naturally here on earth, but obviously, to those of Christian faith, the earth and everything on it was created by God. He created the weather, our bodies and how they work, photosynthisis, ... etc. So if Jesus Christ actually "manipulated" (for lack of a better word) a natural scientific process for His purposes, then why is this not still a miracle?

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2006 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that this scientist is a little off his rocker. I feel that Science in this case does not reveal truths to us but in fact is trying to lead us away for the truths of the miracles that Christ performed.

25th Apr, 2006 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

In my opinion, Jesus Christ and our Father, God, have divine command of all earthly matter. So whether it was a patch of ice or not, He commanded the water to solidify somehow so that He could walk on it. Peter even had the faith to walk on the water until he doubted....

Personally, I think it's ridiculous for people to send hate mail to a scientist over something like this.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I agree Farseer, even though I believe what I do, I don't think sending hate mail to anyone is a proper response. Those who send hate mail need to exercise some Christ like love for the Scientist.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesus' Walk On Ice Scientist Says

I am glad to hear the voice of reason in this thread. Jesus life embodies what we call faith. Whether it happened or not is up to the heart and mind of the listener or reader.

As for an atmospheric condition that created a patch of ice, thats a little iffy. How can someone really know if a patch of ice existed on a single day 2000 years ago? Science can tell us possibilities and even archeological evidence, but cannot tell us that there was ice on a lake 2000 years ago.

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2007 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesus' Walk On Ice Scientist Says The Bible Revealed

Jesus did not walk on the water in all the books. In one he was in the boat and calmed the winds. Read carefully all the books on the crossing of the lake and you will find that all of the stories differ in what happened.

here there is a deeper and yet to be learned lesson for those that would search out God. My opinion. Not the difference in books though, those are there.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Jesus' Walk Likely On Ice, Scientist Says

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,