Xbox

Xbox - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 5th Jan, 2005 - 7:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Xbox Tips Rate the console.
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2004 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Xbox

How do you rate the Xbox Console. Take into consideration, cost, durability, ease of use, variety of games, etc.

Sponsored Links:
20th Aug, 2004 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Xbox

First off I have played on all systems except sega genesis. the XBOX has the best graphics of all of the consoles. That said I have owned and returned 2 consoles. The reason was the controllers were defective. After only a couple of weeks of use the left stick became less responsive. This may not be true of all XBOXs but I had 2 from 2 different stores. I now plan on getting a PS2 again, I really miss playing Vice City. I will be curious to see if anyone else had the same trouble with the XBOX as I did.

21st Aug, 2004 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Xbox Gaming Video & Issues Computer

We currently have all the current, and a couple of old consoles. The XBox has the best graphics, and is the most responsive, for the most part. However, I find some games much harder on the XBox than on other systems.

We haven't had any problems with controllers. Perhaps the problem was with the old style, huge controllers? We have three of the newer style, smaller controllers.

We have a Dreamcast, and have played SoulCaliber quite a bit. SoulCaliber II on the XBox is extremely difficult to play.

However, nothing else has Halo or Amped, so we won't be getting rid of the XBox anytime soon.

(We can't WAIT for Halo II)

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2004 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox

amen nighthawk! can't wait for halo II either!

woo HOO!

as for the xbox, like everyone else said, it does have way better graphics and the gameplay is much smoother, not to mention the loading time is alot faster than the ps2 and gamecube. i just bought an xbox about 1 month ago, and haven't had any problems with it, though the controllers i got with it were the type 's' controllers (which controllers did you get xena?) but since i did get it just recently the cost is only what? 150? cheap compared to what it originally cost, so yes, i'm impressed with it.

24th Aug, 2004 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Xbox

I've played on all three of the current generation consoles, and I have to say I rate the Xbox 3rd on the list. Not that there was anything wrong with it per se, it just wasn't for me.

I didn't really like the controllers, the positioning of the analog sticks, along with the Start and Back buttons, and the black and white buttons just seemed wrong. I also didn't like that the D-pad wasn't (in my experience) for actual directions. And since I like driving games, I couldn't get used to using the left and right triggers as gas and brake; with my PS2 I was used to using the buttons or right stick; the Xbox controller just didn't feel natural.

I do agree that graphically it's the superior system but good graphics don't necessarily make a good game. They add to it, sure, but for me it's about the gameplay first and foremost.

Plus, I didn't really like the front end menus - the green displays made it look like an alien display you might see in science fiction. And, frankly, I wasn't too impressed with the fact that I'd have had to pay $30 more to play DVDs.

And finally, the PS2 (my favourite system) has a much bigger game catalogue - and what good is a game console without games?

27th Oct, 2004 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Xbox

I would rate the XBOX a 10. The ability to save without having to ensure that your memory cards are big enough, or have not gone de-funct is great. Halo - outstanding. The more difficult the game, the more you get for your buck.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox

I really like the X-Box. I have had not problems with the controllers, but I do like the aftermarket controllers better. I am a big fan of Halo and Halo2. I also have enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic and I purchase KOTOR2 very soon.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 7:31am / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I am undecided to buy a console and my heart lies somewhere between PS2 and Xbox..need some help here from those who tried them both.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Xbox

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,