The Thin-skinned Person - Page 2 of 2

Thanks for the replies so far. I found them - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Apr, 2006 - 1:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
21st Apr, 2006 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

The Thin-skinned Person - Page 2

Thanks for the replies so far. I found them to be very interesting because when I posted it, the first thing I thought is that I do not think nobody would openly consider himself/herself as "Thin-Skinned". In my personal deals with one particular person who is beyond thin-skinned, she does not see herself as highly sensitive at all, after all "people are always after bashing her", they are the ones with the "problem" even if she burst in tears every 5 seconds or cannot control her temper in public. You could ask any person like that and they would not admit being ultra-sensitive at all. They see themselves as normal folks.
I agree with ignoring the person, the thing is that sometimes you just cannot...specially if the person is always around you trying to talk with you and so on. Another thing I cannot allow myself to do is not to speak my mind just because the person would get offended, the way I see it it's like this: I know I have no intentions to hurt anyone, if I open my mouth and say something (even in the kindest manner) and it touches the thin-skinned person then there is nothing I can do about it. The thin-skinned person would get offended anyway no matter how nicely you put it because they choose to feel the way they do.

Offtopic but,
JB, I wonder if we could classify the "mental" person and the "thin-skinned" person in the same category? It seems that those who are highly sensitive must have somehow some type of mental disorder even if it is mild one? what do you think?

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 21st Apr, 2006 - 1:29pm

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Thin-skinned Person

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,