Elderly People Pushed Aside

Elderly People Pushed Aside - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Apr, 2006 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have heard on a number of occasions that the older generation are constantly being pushed aside in todays fast paced world. As we become older we will be subject to the same so we need to try and do something about it. Older people can not cope with the ever increasing pressure of todays life and as they get older require more and more attention and more of our time. Is it because we are to busy to look after our loved ones or is it that we can't be bothered? Your thoughts and views are welcome.

Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2006 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Aside Pushed People Elderly

Is it because we are to busy to look after our loved ones or is it that we can't be bothered?

People just do not want to be bothered. They just fail to understand that one day they are going to become old and will need help. It pains my heart when I see people treating the elderly like a piece of old shoe, specially their own children, after all the sacrifices that they have done to raise their kids they have to reach old age and be treated that way. It is so unfair. In the streets it is almost the same, the taxi will not stop to pick up an old man or lady just because the driver may have to wait an extra 2 or 3 minutes for the person to enter the car. There is not respect or compassion towards the elderly anymore.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2006 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Elderly People Pushed Aside Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 7-Mar 06, 2:31 PM)
They just fail to understand that one day they are going to become old and will need help.

I could not agree more. But the question is how do we deal with it because when we are older as you said we will be subject to the same abuse. I have always respected my elders but the minority cannot overcome the majority. How do we get this message across? If you put an article in the newspaper will it be read? Will people just nod their head and agree like usual? Or will it make a general difference? I don't think so I think no matter what anybody does, it will not change anything. Maybe I'm thinking like the majority maybe there is hope for elderly people but the real question is what do we do?

Reconcile Edited: Armstrong on 8th Mar, 2006 - 9:39am

8th Mar, 2006 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

The mentality must change and hearts must softened. I do not believe there is a miracle cure that will stop from happening, you see...compassion is something you learn from serving others, we do not born with it, therefore maybe encouraging people to serve one another more will help to deal with this issue. How do we do that? Good parenting.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Another way is through schools and colleges like most things we have to catch this early, though we still have the influence of t.v. and the people around us in everyday life. Just one parent being a good example however good it maybe will not be enough its alright saying be a good parent but if you child hangs around with one many gangs in school and sees them harassing an elderly lady then sees that they are respected by their peer group how do we deal with that. The child will then want to be "cool" so they will do the same.

17th Apr, 2006 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

The flip-side to this argument is that some older people, when they get older, expect younger people to automatically step in and take care of them. For example, the parent-child argument. I know of many people who raise their children with the expectation that these same children will automatically care for them once they are adults. Then they get mad at the children because they now have their own lives, and the older parent has not planned for their own future. It is one thing when the elderly are abused and discriminated against. It is clearly another when they do not plan properly or take for granted that the younger generation will HAVE to care for them, regardless.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Elderly People Pushed Aside

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,