Mumps - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 26th Apr, 2006 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Outbreak in the USA!
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2006 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mumps

MUMPS OUTBREAK WORST IN 20 YEARS

In the worst outbreak in nearly 20 years, mumps cases are spilling out of Iowa, popping up in at least seven other Midwestern states and perhaps seven more -- leading to promises of extra vaccine from the U.S. stockpile.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/...k.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
22nd Apr, 2006 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Mumps

Yes, I am watching this very closely as I live in the MidWest and not more than an hour from Iowa. We'll have to see how well these vaccinations work, because Mumps is a required one for school age kids, etc.

22nd Apr, 2006 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Mumps Health & Special Psychology

No matter how much you avoid it - it will come visit you. I had Mumps as a kid, got it from school, in fact, you get so many diseases from school that it is impossible to stay clear of it. So once you have kids in school you know that it is going to knock on your door. Mumps is very uncomfortable and that extra chin makes you look like a chicken - good luck Malexander - this Message was meant to boost your confidence wink.gif.

22nd Apr, 2006 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Mumps

I know it JB. Even if yor own kids don't bring it home, I have people at work who have kids, and the opportunity exists there to get it from them, etc. I was surprised to read in the article that even with the vaccinations, 10% can still contract the disease. I don't particularly care for those odds, but it's better than nothing.

22nd Apr, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Mumps

Interestingly enough this report is not showing the large percentage among children:

The disease has been seen largely among people in their late teens and early 20s, officials said at a news conference Wednesday.
Ref. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_32523.html

Here is a picture of someone with Mumps:

Mumps
Mumps (Hover)

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2006 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mumps

Number of Mumps Cases in Iowa Still Rising

DES MOINES, Iowa - The number of mumps cases in Iowa has topped 1,000, state health officials said Tuesday. There were 1,120 confirmed, probable and suspect cases as of Monday, with mumps activity found in 69 out of Iowa's 99 counties, according to a news release from the Iowa Department of Public Health.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_.../mumps_outbreak

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2006 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Mumps

Here in Minnesota, which borders Iowa, the number of cases are far fewer. However, being in such close proximity, we still need to prepare ourselves for the worst. So far I haven't heard of any cases in the town I live in, and we are but 1hr away from the Iowa border.

26th Apr, 2006 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Mumps Psychology Special & Health

There has been more and more cases reported in the UK too. This has been put down to the fact that a couple of years ago, there was a lot of scaremongering going on about the MMR vaccination (for measles, mumps and rubella)

There was a thought that this vaccination, could make your child have Autism, so ultimately, many parents didn't have their children immunised, understandably they didn't want to put their children at risk of being Autistic.
This outbreak of mumps that has just started to become catching, has been blamed on the parents who didn't have their children immunised.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mumps

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,